Dreamy McMug Shot

Mom Comes to His Defense

He's No Gangster!

6/20/2014 8:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Hot Mug Shot Guy Gangster
Jeremy Meeks -- aka Dreamy McMug Shot -- for sure does one thing well ... he makes good kids, and has a very loyal mom who says McMug is being stereotyped because of his old tattoos.

Meeks is currently being held on $900,000 bail for illegally possessing firearms and ammo, carrying a loaded firearm in public and criminal street gang activity.

His mother, Katherine Angier, is trying to raise money for bail using the website GoFundMe. She wrote, "Please help. My son was taken into custody on his way to work. He is a working man with a son. He is being stereotyped due to old tattoos."

She added, "He's my son and he is so sweet. Please help him to get a fair trial or else he'll be railroaded."

McMug's sister tells TMZ ... the only reason he carries guns is because he used to be in a gang and needs to protect himself.  And she says, he's been a practicing Christian for 7 years.

The D.A.'s office says Meeks is a known member of the Northside Gangster Crips ... which is why gang charges were also filed against him.

Angier is hoping to raise $25,000 for her son's bail ... but as of this posting, she's only received $238.

The kid is 3 years old. The mother is McMug's wife. They have been married for 4 years.

0619-jeremy-meeks-02
Check out the gallery below of a few shots of Jeremy through the years. Let's just say ... a haircut did the man wonders!

0620_jeremy_other_side_footer
0620_sexy_mug_shots_footer

NFL

He was walking around with a loaded gun. Lock him away.

Joe

I never heard of this guy. I did a Wikipedia search (figuring everyone who is anyone is on there). He wasn't there. Dreamy Smurf is there though. Can someone tell me who he is ?

ILL LIFE

**** him. I am POSITIVE he deserves to rot in jail for the things he has done that was never caught for. Wtf do u think the teardrop tat means? Who cares. All moms think their murdering ****bag sons are "good boys" fk outta here lol

taz

He needs a modeling contract ASAP. Calvin Klein, Armani, Dolce, Marc Jacobs, anybody???

Joao

If his family knew how ridiculous they sound they would just STFU.
Speaking of family---where's his FATHER.

hummm

LOL guys in jail will have a banquet...

lili

Some girls r now brokenhea sense he's married

Buckaroobonzai

wow... lock this thug away. we don't need him, we don't want him!

truth

This is another idiot or should I say follower who is trying to pretend to be someone he's not with his tat's. People are getting tattoo's for the stupidest reason now. Tattoo's are definitely played out.
For all you haters that don't believe me, FU and that's the TRUTH

vroomvroom

As if I have money to bail some guy with a wife and facial tats and a fire arm... A man that could never be mine...do I not have needs? A man? Pulleeez

01void

Wow, his mother thinks he's perfect, go figure.

Deer diary

I've been a therapist for at-risk, gang involved youth (14-24yr) in East New York & in South Central Los Angeles for 15 yrs. I'm waiting for a client to show up at the moment. I frequently work closely with the mothers for familial therapy, as a court advocate, and various other ways. in my 15 yrs, thousands of clients, NEVER once has a mother told me there child was in a gang. the most common answer is "he just hangs around a bad crowd sometimes". now, of course not every client I work with is still active in a gang, but, regardless, as far as my experience with mothers goes, they will never acknowledge the gang involvement. just the other day, I had a mom tell me her son wasn't in a gang and gave the ol he is just hanging around the wrong crowd routine and her son has his ENTIRE shaved head & his face covered in tats from his gang TEMPLE ST. anyway I just find that stuff interesting. how the mothers see what they see vs. what other people see what they see.

sickwitit

Carries guns because he used to be in a gang...right. WHY THE FUC IS THIS ON TMZ?!?!

Cecilia

Because bail is often set at close to a million dollars for minor criminals and for possessing a firearm illegally? Not a chance.

Unbroken Chain

This guy will be a millionaire in a month. I'm pretty sure the world is coming to an end soon