Amy Adams

Gives Up First Class Seat

to a Soldier

6/27/2014 11:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0627-amy-adams-instagram-01As if Amy Adams wasn't lovable enough ... the Oscar-nominated actress sat in coach on a flight from Detroit Thursday ... because she gave up her first class seat to a soldier.

Adams' grand gesture was done on the DL, but it happened to be witnessed by ESPN's Jemele Hill, who was seated a few rows in front of Adams.

Hill spotted Adams eyeing the soldier as she got on the plane and later saying something to the flight attendant. Before long, Hill noticed Adams was gone ... and the soldier was in her place.

The "American Hustle" star ended up with us normal folk in coach, where a fan snapped the above photo with Adams and wrote, "Not the best picture of me but i just met Amy Adams on my flight to LAX, this is my claim to fame. #holys*** #selfies #amyadams #soexcited"

Hi Eddie. (inside joke)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Chris Gambera

I find her Sooooo hot!!! Figured I'd let you guys know.

Virginia

Your selfless action speaks volumes about who you are.....

Your work speaks volumes about what you do.....

You deserve a place in heaven for who you are....

And every award for what you do....

tony

I'm confused, the selfie I saw on the HLN's news showed her posed with a guy, he was a black male in civilian clothes.

01void

Give her a salute

paraK

At last a young star that was taught respect, instead of acting like the world owes her everything.

cooterou812

I'm a fan now, much respect for Ms. Adams.

Ladygoodman

Who said gingers have no souls?

tdg1029

Whata nice thing to do for someone fighting for freedom great fan now

Chris

Look how excited the girl is with Amy. You gotta love that!

towbros

pretty pathetic, when u do a good deed u dont call TMZ to brag about

ó|ó

and that girl could have met a soldier, maybe the love of her life, and this actress took that away from her, and earned a lot of publicity cred, but what did the soldier get, a ''fancy'' seat
yeah, um ok

Cookie

How about giving the soldier some praise for everything he has done instead of praising her for giving up a seat?

krazyinvt

Really??? This is makes the news when we should be praising the SOLDIERS for what they do??! Big f'ing deal she gave up her seat... I want to thank each one for the possibility of giving up their LIVES for us. She is a lousy overrated actress who did it for publicity....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5