Adam Richman

Travel Channel Pulls Show

After Online 'Suicide' Taunt

7/1/2014 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Adam Richman New Show

Adam Richman
's new show on the Travel Channel just got yanked in the wake of his rant over the term "thinspiration" ... the one where he encouraged a hater to commit suicide.

The cable channel just announced it's postponing the premiere of Richman's "Man Finds Food" -- but hasn't said exactly when it will air ... leading many to believe it could be done for good.

Richman -- who recently lost 70 lbs. -- came under fire for posting an Instagram pic with "#thinspiration.' Online trolls jumped on him for using the term -- claiming it's only associated with people suffering eating disorders.

Adam responded to one critic with ... "Grab a razor blade and draw a bath.  I doubt anyone will miss you."

Travel Channel didn't specifically say the suicide taunt was behind the postponement.

Richman apologized this morning, saying ... "I’ve long struggled with my body image and have worked very hard to achieve a healthy weight. I’m incredibly sorry to everyone I’ve hurt.”

NBC also announced it WILL go forward with another Richman show -- "Food Fighters" -- later this month.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Rigby

He still looks fat. Byyyeeeee

nusse

Not like he is wrong. So it's okay for people to troll him and say the same things but when he retaliates it's wrong? Give me a break and stop being so sensitive.

pudge facker

I like to eat sausage. Anyone wanna join me?

KWDragon

While I think the trolls were in the wrong, his taunt did go way too far. People have to take a deep breath before posting nastiness to their social media. It will give them a chance to not post and avoid embarrassing themselves.

Sassy

WTG NBC!!! 70 lbs is a lot of weight N obviously had an eating disorder... His hashtag is appropriate! Shame on you Food Network!!! WTG AR!!!!!

EastCoastChopper

This show had high ratings...THAT is the real story....The story of how dull, fat and lazy Americans can be so easily amused - AND of course, watching Dude shovel comfort food down his gullet ONLY gives that dull-minded American the excuse to follow -

Fat sells....or fat cells....take your pick.

schel

I enjoy his shows! Im glad he's lost some weight,espc with all those food he eats on Man vs Food

EastCoastChopper

Okay...how many episodes of a guy shoveling....I say again....shoveling comfort food down his gullet does it take to get a little stale? The dull, fat, lazy Americans can watch 1000 shows and never grow bored (or motivated).

1000 crab pots being pulled over the side of a crab boat....lather- rinse- repeat....Except this provides empty calorie and salty fat reward...The viewer will no doubt - watch this show while eating chili-cheese fries and banana cream pie.

If you're depressed by this show getting cancelled...I say STFU and walk it off.!

Jordan

People were trying to Convey to Adam his #tag was Wrong and disrespectful, and instead of going on Google, and get information about it, he decided to go off and tell a Woman to Take a bath with a Razor Blade, and No One would Miss Her. He Deserved to Lose his Show, and the Network did the Right thing.

The Del Rubio Triplets

I've heard people that met him say he's an arrogant jackass

Steve

More like lap band.

kitnplayn

Americans sure hate each other. Mean, cruel and lacking in humanity.

Phreaky

He is annoying as f**k. Why they gave this man two New shows is beyond me

All-star

"I’ve long struggled with my body image and have worked very hard to achieve a healthy weight." Yeah, so, I guess when you did "Man V.S. Food" you where whoring yourself then? Oh, you dirty girl!

min21

People say a lot if mean **** sitting at their keyboard. Give the guy a break, you can only take so much taunting before you fire back. Way to go back bone thinspiration!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments