Babwa Hate Star

6/28/2006 1:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barbara Walters has hated Star Jones for a long time, and it has nothing to do with Rosie O'Donnell.

I'm told Barbara utterly turned on Star during the diva's wedding.  Walters was horrified by the freebies Star was getting and felt she was making "The View" look awful.

Barbara Walters and Star Jones

But it goes beyond all that.  For several years, I've heard that Barbara was fed up with Star acting like she was all that.  It's true, no one has a higher opinion of Star than herself.  I remember during the O.J. Simpson civil trial (her pre-gastric surgery days), when someone I know complimented her on her hairstyle.  Star's response:  "That's my Audrey Hepburn look."

Star has pissed off an awful lot of people in Hollywood who feel she treated them shabbily -- that, by the way is an extreme understatement.  It's no surprise that Barbara Walters ultimately turned on her.

The problem is, now Walters is starting to look really bad, publicly feuding with Jones.  She should follow her smart self and just shut up.  But she can't.  You see, that's how much she hates Star.

COMMENTS

l stin

Kudos to Star leaving with class, dignity and calling the time when she was going to go. She knew that Barbara W. was going to throw her out that day. Who showed class, the woman who said she appreciated the opportunities or the two-faced woman who day 1 said it's your call Star or the woman on day 2 spitting out venom? Love Star or hate Star, she's an intelligent, articulate and moral CHRISTIAN. Why shouldn't she think that she's good? That's what you call confidence in yourself. Barb's getting senile and Star all I will say is YOU GO GIRL. God bless us all.

GRISELDA

THE VIEW HAS GONE FROM CLASS TO TRASH. WITH ROSIE COMING ON BOARD, THEY JUST LOST ANOTHER VIEWER. I CANNOT EVEN STAND ROSIE'S VOICE? SOMEBODY SCRATCH THE CHALK BOARD!

NO ONE CROSSES BARBARA BUT STAR HAD THE CAHONES TO ANOUNCE THAT SHE WAS LEAVING ON TUESDAY AND NOT WHEN BARBARA DECIDED.

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD LIVE TO SEE BARBARA'S FEATHER'S RUFFLE. YOU DO NOT WANT TO PISS OFF BARBARA.

STAR IS ONE TOUGH COOKIE. BEING OVERWEIGHT AND MAKING IT AS FAR AS SHE HAS. SHE EARNED THE RIGHT TO ENJOY HER NEW FOUND BEAUTY TO MATCH HER INNER BEAUTY.

SHE HAS MANY INFLUENTIAL FRIENDS AND IS NOT LACKING FOR MONEY. STAR DID IT HER WAR AND COODOS TO HER!

SO LONG THE VIEW!

Nita

I for one think Bab's sunk to an all new low. Star was a bit much with her wedding, but most brides are (i.e. Bridezilla). Rosie O'Donnell is just making alot of noise for much needed attention. I have to be honest, I will tune in to see this ship sink... I like the view because of the diversity of women and opinions, good or bad. For all of the women who are saying Star is this or that are, in fact, lacking something themselves. I love daytime drama and the rest of you b*tches do too....

Merina

You can't step in a bucket of crap and not get some on yourself. The concensus is - the show is over. They can replace all of them and it would not help. It was a nasty showdown and months down the road - when they try and make us laugh - we'll still be smelling the stink. It won't be honest, good fun. All of us have seen this first hand in the workplace. Women eating other women. We watch TV to forget about the sharks we deal with in our everyday lives. It's no fun to watch this much reality.

Judy

I enjoyed the view. I think Barbara Walters acted in a very cruel and spiteful manner. She and Star are really similiar -- Star is all up front and Barbara keeps everything hidden, but there agenda is the same. I would rather see someone being honestly obnixious(Star) than disingenuous(Barbara). I am not a super fan of Star's or anyone's, however I don't think she did anything wrong in her leaving announcement. She was told she handle it in any way she wanted and when she did, all hell broke loose! Rosie O'Donnell--forget that! Too bad it was a pretty good show! I think Barbara really blew the show for everyone!

Calee

Ms. Walters is a respected journalist. She has been in this game before Starzilla was fat the fisrt time. The View had a good run. Star could have been a graious Diva, but she chose to be a treat trick. Babs didn't the right thing, no one likes her I know and everybody stopped watching The V after that fiasco wedding. Yes everybody tnes in to see her fall on her face, ruin her career, and marry a DL man. Yes of course the rating were high. But after that their core audience was horrified and let them no. Every test we sent out, every poll we did for them said get rid of her. Nobody wanted to be around her husband loafing on the set. Nobody wanted to work with or associate with her, it was bad. They even gave her a chance to redeem herself. When she pitched the idea of a show seeing her getting her fat sucked out, she made it a mystery, but of course everyone knew. Things changed for the worse after that. But Babs still kept swinging for Star. Then she screwed her in the end. Every project she did, she was fired or ran it into the ground. She just kept being tacky. .She cut her own throat. But I'm sure she has enough money to keep her and Al in Payless pumps.

NetterBug

It is a shame that Star did not stick to the agreement as planned, I missed the episode when she announced that she was leaving. The way she went out and started flapping her mouth right after the show was a sure way to get out of the remainder of her contract with ABC. I used to admire Star but when she had
weight loss surgery, and denied it because she did not want to promote any particular WLS method over another I lost
respect for her. THEN the wedding came along, and frankly anyone with HER money should not ask for FREE things.

Barbara is and always will be a class act.
I do not think she is slinging mud, just responding WHEN asked to comment on Star's outragous remarks. Fired, ha! She was not fired, ratings were down, survey's of viewers clearly showed that Star was no longer liked. The woman could not stand the fact that Rosie was coming on board and instead of being classy about it she got a smug look on her face and we all knew Star's days were numbered.

Had she not gone out and blabbed her bs about being fired ... Barbara would not have had to make the "and then there were three" announcement, instead Star would have been sitting there right along side the others and finishing out her contract. Star has mad her own bed, and by God she is going to sleep in it for a long time!!

Shannan

I am still scratching my had in wonderment at the B Walters has been handling this. She is disappointed that that nasty beard of hers did not tow the line? Apparently she is not used to people doing what they think is best for them. I cannot stand Star Jones, but I am beginning to think she looks better in this whole silly melodrama. Barbara... such a juvenile.

Janet

I love the view! Please don't do away with the show. I wish they would've let Star remain on the show. She was the best commentator they had.

CatsMeow

How does everyone feel about Star being made a "Love Coach" at AOL? Why not just make her the "Diet Coach", she's about as qualified for one job as she is the other.
I'm glad Star if OFF the The View. I stopped watching the show due to her self centered attitude. The wedding to Al baby was beyond gross. Star even made a web site up so you could follow her through her "blissful" wedding experience. And doesn't everyone feel there is a little something odd about "Al"? The woman has lost the last marble floating around in her brain. Some people handle power well, others don't. Star is one of those people that don't. I've been emailing Barbara for YEARS to remove Star off The View. Amen the woman is gone.
Anyone watch The View today? Barbara had a beautiful young black woman as co-host. Young, beautiful, thin and all NATURAL whereas Star has to have things cut, tucked and sucked to look one tenth as good. I'm thinking Barbara did that as revenge? Nice shot.

paula combs

Star Jones is LIVING Proof that UFO Aliens have mated with human beings.
She is the weirdest looking "humanoid" I have ever seen. Good riddance!

KATIE

Barbara has always been a phoney. I stopped watching anything she was in years ago. I can't imagine working with or for her. Ill bet she pushes her weight around, a lot!

lise

Good ridance self absorbed Starr The view is on its last legs, who the hell thought rosie o would be a good talk show hostess ??blech i think bab wawa better rethink the cast of that sinking ship

Joy Nielsen

I am not a regular viewer of "VIEW" because I am not a morning person, but I look forward to seeing Rosie. I admire her honesty and she is not self-serving as Star is. It is good that Star has lost all that weight (for health purposes), but I can't understand what is wrong with her face. It was so much prettier when she was heavy. Now it is drawn and her eyes look beady, small, and slanted. Maybe some of that internal anger is causing her to experience an unattractive transformation. I did feel sympathy for her when she recently advertised being a hostess on a new HGTV program. I love the show, but she will have to get a lot more work to earn the living she was used to. In trying to embarrass Barbara Walters she only embarrassed herself. Also, by not playing the game, she has damaged her chances of obtaining well paying work. Right or wrong, the Industry expects gratitude.

pia

So much for loyality. I think that the show should have counseled Star before deciding to give up on her. Did Rosie set the record straight that she sat there beaming about her kids and Tom Cruise, when she knw that she was a card carrying lesbian. So why does Star have to tell her personal business?. The feuding and Star's wedding made me wonder why like in any business you don't take your employee aside and tell them/show them that they have to stop a certain destructive behavior. Why couldn't they have been loyal to someone that did spend time helping to build the show?. I personally liked the women having disagreements. That little blonde doen't have a clue, and Joy better watch her back with Rosie. Rosie is a A personality and it will (make no doubt) turn into the Rosie opinion show. I'm not really interested in Rosie when they could have found someone better.