Babwa Hate Star

6/28/2006 1:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barbara Walters has hated Star Jones for a long time, and it has nothing to do with Rosie O'Donnell.

I'm told Barbara utterly turned on Star during the diva's wedding.  Walters was horrified by the freebies Star was getting and felt she was making "The View" look awful.

Barbara Walters and Star Jones

But it goes beyond all that.  For several years, I've heard that Barbara was fed up with Star acting like she was all that.  It's true, no one has a higher opinion of Star than herself.  I remember during the O.J. Simpson civil trial (her pre-gastric surgery days), when someone I know complimented her on her hairstyle.  Star's response:  "That's my Audrey Hepburn look."

Star has pissed off an awful lot of people in Hollywood who feel she treated them shabbily -- that, by the way is an extreme understatement.  It's no surprise that Barbara Walters ultimately turned on her.

The problem is, now Walters is starting to look really bad, publicly feuding with Jones.  She should follow her smart self and just shut up.  But she can't.  You see, that's how much she hates Star.

COMMENTS

Tallica

With Star Jones gone, I think the View is pretty much washed up. Sure, Star goes overboard in a lot of ways, but at least she brought some interests to the show. Rosie O'Donnell?? No way!! I think Baba Wawa has made a huge mistake. In my "View", the show is on its way out. Good riddance - especially with Rosie coming aboard. What were they thinking!!!!!

Tallica

Star is gone!! Let it rest. She was good for the show but now with Rosie, I think the show is doomed. Barbara has made a huge mistake bringing in Rosie of all people. So long to the View. I wil find another show to watch.

Andu

Yes I agree, Star did change after the weight lose, but No more then anyone else. As far as her wedding goes, good for her, we can make a list of the people that get free things, including one of the top TV talk show host. If Barbara and ABC didn't like the way she was acting on the show, they should have told her. After all they were her boss. I think , it is more to it then that. It is no ones business what a person does out side the job, unless they break the law. Ms. Walters should know that, to well, after all she is not a saint herself. My question is why they were
all up in Stars business? I trully think it was a set up. My hat off to Star. Even though she change she brought clafication to the show , specially when it was something legel. I think in the months to come, it will all come out, specially if Gail takes her place. As for watching the show anymore. No I will not. with Rosie O,Donnell coming on, I have No interest in it. She has a style all her owe that I don't think will gel with the other host, and it will lose it's integrity it had with Star and Meriedith.

Andu

Kim

Thank goodness Star Jones Reynolds is gone. She should start her own show called "It's all about me". Good luck with that. Congrats to Barbara Walters. She has always been known for her straight forwardness and honesty. Why should she stop now just because it involves herself. Go get em Barbara.

Paul Gallagher

I'm glad she is gone (Star)!!!! She was a real NICE !! person before the weight loss, she became a BIG Bitch !!! after the weight loss!!!! Barba Wawa always has ruled the show and I would guess some of the Bosses are in her pockets!! The Show headed for the Garbage Can ,! You have made the biggest Mistake of the Shows History... To bring on Rosie is the BIG Mistake !!!. She does "NOT" have the same class as do the other Woman!!. Her wardrobe will be Big Mens Shirts to cover her Big Ass, and to try and look the part of the MAN!!! She speaks like a Sailor, She never has anything nice to say about anyone.. You will learn in time when you see your numbers (ratings) Drop and Drop and Drop !!

I'm wondering if you will post my comments ????

Robin

I was an avid watcher of the view and I will no longer watch. It's not because Star left but because over the years the show sucks more and more. Elisabeth is a joke, Joy Beher is rude, and Barbara Walters is known for getting her way and if you don't kiss her but get out of her way. Star did help build the show and it was obvious they did not like her. Barbara was not professional in the way she handled Star, I would expect Joy or Elisabeht to go there but not her. Then when she announced Rosie will be a part of the show everyone knew Star was out. I will end by saying if the show last once Rosie enter I won't have anything else to say, but I think Barbara and ABC was wrong and showed her evil side.

Nicole

I think that Star is out of control, but i think that Rosie is going to stand out like a sore thumb. I don't know what the hell they were thinking hiring her for the view. I think that all the women on the view cackle and argue with eachother all the time anyway and its kinda sad especially since it goes on on national tv every weekday morning. I also think that Star should have kept her mouth shut about all of the free stuff she was getting for her wedding, and just should have tried to be nice.

STACY

That show is nothing but a bunch of old washed up yentas catfighting all morning. Star was the most sickening one...OK STAR YOU GOT MARRIED, YOU HAD A BYPASS- DOES ANYONE REALLY GIVE A CRAP . NOW THAT YOURE OFF THE SHOW YOU CAN DEVOTE ALL YOUR TIME TO TRY TO CONVINCE YOURSELF THAT YOUR HUSBAND IS NOT GAY. Get real. Any moron can see she is his MEAL TICKET. Good riddance Star.

kathy

I have not wathed the view for years. I never did like Star. in fact when she started doing the adds for Payless shoes I quit going there also. In fact I think the view is on its way out. I do like Rosie, so I might watch it for a while again.

Shelly

Well, I never really knew Star to form an opinion....I had always liked Barbara Walters in the past, but think less of her now that she has made such a point of trying to make Star look bad.

I personally despise the show for attempting to control Star and what she told the world about what happened to her and The View. They acted like they were doing her a favor by not telling the world she was indeed "fired". When she chose to be more upfront with everyone, they decided to make her pay for not following along nicely and complying with they wanted everyone to think...

Mann

The game is called living, Star went to University of Hard Nocks and took the most important class they offered entitled "Living the Good Life." She studied hard, learned well and practice what they taught. Now her teachers are mad becaused she used the lesson to better her life experiences. Now, everybody is doing the same thing, having fund and making money. She deserves an "A" for that class
Be careful what you teach us, it may bite you in the ???? later. PEACE.

Superstar Steve

I think it was strange watching two things on youtube.com First Star's unannounced departure, and the sounds of feined surprise from both Barbara and Joy Behar. Then the next day, I happened to hear Barbara's dramatic speech about why "Star" wasn't coming back, and how everyone's known for a while, and they were giving her a chance to take the high road, and the 'dignified' road and time to announce her next project. "Star choose a different path" she sniffed. What a bitchy retort. "And then there were Three" hee hee. The one who should be headed out is the right wing blonde bimbo. I don't know anyone who even knows her name. She's 'just there'....and is one of those people who's easy life has shaped her ignorant political views.

R.Y. Jackson

Please America get off Star's back. Put yourself in her position and tell me that if people were giving you things for your "dream" wedding freely and you are caught up in the hopla you would act any differently. Stop acting "holier than art". Barbara Walters is acting out so her viewing audience numbers will go back up. Plus putting Rosie on "The View" is a dumb move. I'd like to see a show where everyday people are used with "real" views NOT the Hollywood stars!!!!

Melissa

Who would put Rosie back on TV??????? Please say it aint so----that singing she did far too often on her own show----her 'I love my Tommy' slobbering........She's a gross bulldyke with militant views. No thank you VIEW!