Sheryl Misses Lance: "That Phantom Itch"

7/6/2006 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sheryl Crow isn't angry with Lance Armstrong over their break-up, but she clearly misses him immensely, saying that losing Lance was like "having part of your life amputated."

In an exclusive interview following the very public end of her relationship with Armstrong and her battle with breast cancer, Crow told "Good Morning America's" Diane Sawyer that there was a growing divide between her and Armstrong over the last days of their time together, but that she absolutely didn't believe that Armstrong "bailed" on her when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

The singer-songwriter seemed calm and resolute when talking about the fight to save her life, but certainly made it clear that the seven-time Tour de France winner, to whom she was engaged for five months, still occupied a significant place in her heart.

"You still have that phantom itch, you know, where you wake up and I'll see something and think, 'Oh, I've got to make sure Lance is hip to this band. I've got to put it on his iPod.' And then I remember, 'Oh, wait, you know, that's not my life."

Part II of Sawyer's interview with Crow airs Friday morning.

Bella

Lance is a jerk! He dumped Sheryl because he wants more kids. When he hasn't been around much for his kids with his first wife! I guess I'm done bike riding let me go and be a father now.

C

Now wait a minute, didn't Lance dump his Wife for Cheryl? As they say, "What comes around goes around"...

Carol

I think its good she admits her weaknesses. I don't think she's whining at all, or obsessing. There certainly have been loves in my life that have taken a while to get over. She's as human as the rest of us. And years later, having moved on, you wonder, I wonder where he is, what might have been. Imagine the girl, scared for her life and just when you thought it couldn't get worse -- it does. We need this kind of story, vs the Paris Hilton Kleenex man of the hour crap.

Linda

Celebs who speak of their broken hearts are not out to get sympathy or pity! I am certain that they just want to share the part of them that is not exhaulted by their celeb status. They hurt and bleed just like the rest of us. When you are broken in the heart and the spirit, money and fame don't mean a thing. The hardest part for them is having to face up to the camera and keep on trucking on tour, etc. Maybe they "share" to explain why they might be a little off their game.

allison bowman

well i think if she still loves him she needs to get therapy because you shouldn't love some one that treats you like crap. i have great respeat for you so make your self happy and move one.

DA LOVE OF UR LIVE

HEY CHERYL,FORGET THAT JERK,HE WAS,NT 4 YOU ANYWAY,LETS MEET,LETS GET TOGETHER,LETS HAVE CUTE BABYS TOGETHER N LIVE HAPPLY EVERAFTER N RIDE OFF IN THE SUNSET TOGETHER.

TheseDays

When cancer seeps in and takes hold......frightening......very glad that she's going to be ok. However....I strongly believe she needs to work on those shitty vocals. She gives new meaning to "If she can make it, I can make it," and "If she can sing, I can sing." Unreal.

Rubydo

Lance didn't dump Kristen for Sheryl - they were divorced or getting divorced before he met Sheryl. Read Kristen's side of the marriage - she wasn't happy and it wasn't good. She also wanted out and felt that she had lost her self. Lance is selfish in my opinion and leaves behind a trail of beautiful & talented women who once loved him

blondie

how nice of him to walk out on her when she needed him the most......didn't she stand by him during all his cancer stuff? that just shows what kind of person lance armstrong really is......on top of all these allegations against him right now. he sure doesnt look like the boy scout he tries to make himself out to be. sheryl can do so much better. we all deserve better than jerks like him.

MARSHA BATCHELOR

Who ever was the cause of the break up it is very sad. They both say they love eachother. Life is to short to gone on without eachother. Try and work it out.

stephen

Sheryl, you can come to Texas and I'll teach you to fish and harmonize with you!

stephen

I bet Lance could not carry a tune?