Spelling

Denies Selling Mansion -- Not So

7/6/2006 12:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Aaron SpellingCandy Spelling's people are saying her mega-mansion is not for sale -- but here's the real deal.

As TMZ reported yesterday, Spelling, whose husband Aaron died June 23, has given Westside Estate Agency (WEA) a "pocket listing" on her 56,000-square-foot Holmby Hills mansion. Asking price: a cool $150 million.

Here's how it all went down. Someone from Candy's office contacted WEA, asking if the company had a buyer "in the 100 to 200 million dollar range." Candy's rep said her boss didn't want to list the property for sale but would do what is called a "one-party exclusive" if a qualified buyer offered up $150 million.

WEA reps then contacted other real estate companies, including the exclusive Sotheby's on the Sunset Strip, informing them that WEA had a pocket listing and was on the hunt for a buyer. A source at Sotheby's says Candy's house almost certainly will sell -- close to the asking price -- because it's such a landmark.

One real estate guru told TMZ that Candy is smart not to formally list the property because a house like that will sit on the market for a long time, creating the "white elephant" effect. So a pocket listing is a quiet way to sell property that doesn't have a pool of qualified buyers. And you can take that to the bank.

UPDATE: Candy issued the following statement to TMZ: "I am deeply saddened and disappointed by the rumors and stories that have emerged claiming that I have my home up for sale. I am forced to respond during this sensitive time that these stories are not true, nor do I have any current plans to sell the house that my husband Aaron and I built. I find it disheartening to wake up and find camera crews on the street filming my front gate for the morning news, particularly since the story is not true.

In light of my husband's recent passing, the media's tabloid treatment and coverage of this and my family during this week while we mourn the loss of my husband is shameful, disgraceful, and dishonorable. Aaron was a friend to the press and always took the time to speak openly with them and was very cooperative. Aaron did not deserve to have his legacy tarnished by this and the other inaccurate information reported over the past two weeks."

bc

CANDY SPELLING SHOULD BE ASHAME OF HERSELF FOR THE THE WAY SHE'S ACTING TOWARDS HER CHILD. ONE WOULD THING THATTHE MOTHER WOULD BE THE BIGGER PERSON. I QUESS TORI'S PRETRAYAL OF HER WAS RIGHT ON THE MONEY. CANDY IS SUCH A BITCH

bc

as aaron died candy spelling was with her boyfriend. what a slut

Jamila

WELL HER HUSBANDS DEAD, HER DAUGHTER DOESN'T WANT TO TALK TO HER, WHAT DOES SHE NEED THAT BIG HOUSE FOR? i MEAN IN A FEW MORE YEARS SHE'LL BE FOLLOWING IN HER HUSBANDS FOOT STEPS. BESIDES SHE PUT IN HER 30+ YEARS WITH AARON TILL DEATH DID THEM PART NOW SHE WANTS TO PART WITH THE HOUSE, GET HER MONEY AND MOVE ON. I DONT BLAME HER.

Beth Wixted

That house is way too big for one person!! I would imagine she would want a smaller house now that she is alone. Even if I had the money, I still wouldn't want a house that big, how would you find your kids?? You'd get lost in a house that size.

Gina

I believe Mr. Spelling was an enormous talent, and from what I hear, a very kind and giving individual. If a large house like that made people happy-so be it. One can only live in one room at a time so I don't understand the need for that much space. It's too bad that his children didn't inherit his talent.

Jill

According to US magazine, Candy Spelling was seen shopping in Beverly Hills only a week after Aaron's death smiling. The person who saw her there said it was " eerie". Candy Spelling had already planned to sell the house. She apparently bought a house with lover Mark Nathanson, a convicted felon, in Century City six months ago. So she's had this plan. I feel for Tori. She's the only one telling the truth or dealing with the truth in this situation.

justpicky

Mrs Spelling knows what should be done, I bet that lady is smart.
I hope Tori and Mrs Spelling patches there problems and move forward, because life is way to short to be fighting .
I hope Mrs Spelling isnt having affair , because that doesnt look good.
If Mrs Spelling going to keep this house , why don't she have Tori , her husband and Randy all live together . There's plenty of space in that house .

I went to Mr Spelling house on a tour all , I seen was the roof of house. YOu cant see alot , unless you get a tour of that house , which that would never happen. The tour guide said back then the house electric bills $10,000 a month ( 1997 ) . By now , the finances there are more . I would hate to be paying the property taxes on this house , way to high .

Bill Gates is paying $1million ( approx ) on his home. Know he can afford anything being the "Richest Man in the World ".

I wished I had a home 4,000 sq ft . But I know the property tax on this size of home in my area is ..... $8,500 a year . That's alot of money too . I'll be the one cleaning this house , not the maid .
I can give you a tour of new homes at all different amount of prices. From $200,000 - $2 Million. location , location , location

Just remember the bigger the home , the more it cost for maintence .

Misty

THIS IS SUCH A SAD TIME FOR THE SPELLING FAMILY. DEATH IS TRAGIC. I THINK THEY NEED THEIR PRIVACY RIGHT NOW. IT'S REALLY THEIR BUSINESS IF THEY WISH TO SELL IT BUT CANDY SPELLING IS DENYING IT. BUT EVEN SO, IF IT WERE SO, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. AARON SPELLING HAS CREATED SO MANY BEAUTIFUL WORKS OF ART THROUGH TELEVISION. I LOVE 7TH HEAVEN. I'M SURE YOU ALL ARE SAYING I NEED TO GO LIVE IN THAT FANTASY LAND OF SEVENTH HEAVEN SINCE I'M TALKING ALL POLLYANNA HERE, BUT YOU KNOW WE ALL HAVE TO ESCAPE REALITY FROM TIME TO TIME. MY WORD FOR IT IS "DISENGAGE." SO GIVE THE SPELLING FAMILY A BREAK. AARON SPELLING HAS MADE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE AND BROUGHT SO MANY OF US SMILES. BLESSINGS TO ALL, MISTYEYESBLONDIE@AOL.COM

judyjudyjudy

this house is too bug, except for a bunch of mormons; they could fill it up in a hurry !

judyjudyjudy

of course i meant too BIG !

Sharon

You would like to think the death of a family member would bring people closer. I haven't followed the Spelling Saga at all but find it sad that there is this rift. I may sound ridiculously optimistic but hope, at some point, all involved will get over this and the feud will evaporate. I'm pretty sure Mr. Spelling would not have wanted to leave this world with his family in such dissarray. Life is too darn short.

Barbara

How dare you people out there in the USA. A woman,who was a wife to this wonderful man and a mother to his daughter who happened to lose her father. Do you people actually read what you write on these sites. possibly not! Just think of what this family is going through. Not only did they all lose the one thing that they cherished most but the mother and daughter lossed each other too. How can you all sit there and write and judge them when none of you know them personally. It takes a really special person to truly understand other people, Especially in their hour of sadness.
Here I tell all my friend's what a great country that we live in, Plus we should be proud of the fact that having great people like Mr. Spelling is truly a blessing

Lynda McCoy

Spelling was a generous sweet gifted man. To bad all the plastic surgery Tori
had did not make her pretty. She looks plastic like her mother. Tori has no talent in spite of all the efforts her Dad did to promote her. She is just another spoiled
product of a movie mogul. I hope Mr. Spelling did not know about his wife's affair, he suffered enough with Tori's antics and bad judgements.

Sean Brown

Ok perhaps I'm starting to sober up here. but i'm beginning to think that some of us are watching too much TV.......... You know who you are.