The 71-Year-Old Pinup

7/6/2006 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sophia LorenOscar winner and Italian goddess Sophia Loren will appear in the 2007 edition of the world famous Pirelli Calendar.

At 71-years-gorgeous, Loren becomes the oldest woman to ever appear in the highly coveted calendar.

The calendar, known for its glamorous shots and artisitic nudes, cannot be purchased. It is only given as a gift to a limited and exclusive group of 30,000 important Pirelli customers and celebrity VIPs including Prince Andrew.

Although rumors circulated saying she would appear completely in the buff, a spokesperson for La Loren confirmed "She is certainly not nude."

Joining the ageless beauty as monthly pinups for the 2007 edition are Naomi Watts, Hilary Swank and the woman often labeled the new Loren - Spanish actress Penelope Cruz.

OH PUHLEEZE

Oh Please
Spare us Seeinga 71 year old nude is enough to turn a stomach...Why can't these old ladies stay clothed and go out gracefully. I do not care how great a person looks for her age, if she is 71 she should have more dignity and more pride than to expose that ugly stuff to anyone but her husband.
I for one, would be so turned of. Spare us PLEASE Sophia

Stacy

I can only hope I will look as good as Sophia at the age of 71! Congradulations!

leela

Of course the legendary Ms. Loren is not going to appear nude, she has far more dignity than that. But doesn't she look fantastic? The epitome of grace, dignity and beauty, this woman is such a wonderful example for today's up and comers and wannabes. Are you paying attention Britney? You sure didn't see Sophia Loren posing nude and pregnant on the front covers of magazines. Today's so-called celebs run around with big bare pregnant bellies exposed, wearing skin tight maternity clothes, Versace dresses (J-Lo) that border on obscene, or clothes that are so transparent, when the light hits them, they should be arrested. I'm no prude, but I would just like to point out that, while I'm not suggesting pregnant women go back into hiding or wearing ugly maternity clothes, someone should remind them that their big bellie is not an accessory. Mariah Carey needs to find some clothes that actually fit her, and some of the males need to remember that chin stubble is not sexy, it looks grubby. Whatever happened to "less is more" leaving something to the imagination, just a little modesty, dignity, and manners.

the wise old owl

I think it's FABULOUS that they are including older woman in the catagory of being beautiful and sexy. If the public could see any older woman posing in the buff I am sure ONE of the ones at the top of the list would be MS. LOREN. I believe that if you take care of yourself, stay fit and healthy you can be sexy at any age. I've seen plenty of woman over 50 who look better then most 18 year olds. It's all relevant when it comes to how you feel about yourself. That's what other people see. That is why Sofia is still alluring at 71 years old. You're never too old to feel beautiful and have others percieve you as such. YOU GO GIRL ! !

M BOYD

Id rather see someone with class like Sophia, (in the magazine) than the current slew of Bimbos like: Ashley & Jessica Simpson, Britney { BIMBO} Spears, Jennifer {no talent) Aniston, Christina Aguilera and Sleasy Shakira...need i say more

jlgirl

Sofia is so damn beautiful!! she deserves this, but those other girls that r gonna be in it are all pretty ugly in my book.
COME BELLA!!!!!!!!!!!! MOLTO CARRINO!!!!!!! VIVA ITALIA