McConaughey's Lost Weekend

7/7/2006 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey celebrated his independence from former girlfriend Penelope Cruz with a three-day bender in Costa Rica over the Fourth of July weekend.

Taking a cue from the movie that launched his career, the "Sexiest Man Alive" left much to be desired partying on the beach looking 'dazed and confused.'

Check out pics of Matthew's weekend beach blast.

A barefoot, shirtless, and sweaty Matthew got his groove on by drinking, dancing, writhing on the floor and even shushing one of his fellow vacationers.

Apparently McConaughey recuperated in no time, because just a couple of days later the confirmed bachelor was spotted hanging out with his bike riding buddies Jake Gyllenhaal and Lance Armstrong in Malibu.

Dena

I agree he's single and living it up. Anytime he wants it live it up with me he can give me a call we'd have a great time playing naked bongos and running on the beach! Way to go Matthew!

Diva

Without a doubt! Matthew is the Sexiest Man Alive!!!!

Beat Down Brown is Going Down

He's such a pig! First, he never wears deodarant. He has confirmed this live on TV with BabaWawa. Second, he's got that crazy, "I might do anything" look in his eyes...and not in a good way. He seems like a manic control freak. And now, he's lying on the floor drunk. I bet he puked all over some poor girl who was impressed to be around Matthew McConnaughey. Sexiest Man Alive...uh I don't think so. The sexiest man is Jakey! Jake Gyllenhaal who is the coolest, most delicious, gorgeous sweet thing I have ever seen! Jake has class. Matt's an ass.

Sandra

I would love to meet him in the grocery store....but some Wine.....and let him play the Bongo's for me.

jules

What is up with her ear??? Is fortune cookie/corkskrew pasta earings the latest???

p1tey1

If you can't run with the BIG DOGS.......stay on the porch!!

Michael

The girl stretched her ear and the "sea shell/unicorn egg" is a PLUG.
I have my ear lobes stretched as well.

Stop being so rude, it's not so uncommon that you should make fun of her for it.

p

Party on Dude

Brianne

EW, WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH HER EAR!!! GRROSS! THESE PEOPLE R TRIPPIN. MATHEW NEEDS TO CONDUCT HIMSELF LIKE A MAN AND NOT BE SO DISGUSTING. "PARTIES LIKE A REAL PERSON"? HE NEEDS SOME SOPHISTICATION. HOPE HE BLOWS HIS MILLIONS FROM THE CRAPPY FILMS HE MAKES. HE'S NASTY! HE'S A MAMA'S BOY ALRIGHT. D***WIPE!

sharie

He is the sexiest man alive, but I would rather have him sober so he can remember every detail of what I do to him.

KIM

I DEFINITELY AGREE WITH #10 !!! HE IS VERY SAXY MAN & A VERY SEXY & GREAT ACTOR !!!!!

KIM

I DEFINITLY AGREE WITH NUMBER 10 !!! HE IS SUCH A SEXY MAN & A VERY SEXY GREAT ACTOR !!! I LOVE HIM IN ANY OF HIS MOVIES, LOVE THAT BEAUTIFUL SMILE & EYES & BODY !!!! HE IS GREAT !!!! YOUR BEST-FRIEND MATTHEW, LOVE YOU BABY, KIM

Lisa

I absolutely LOVE Matthew McConaughey, and also agree that he is indeed the sexiest man alive. However, that shot of him lookng 'dazed and confused' is extremely unattractive. I'd like to think that maybe this is his way of expressing the fact that he misses Penelope...either way he should remember that he has an image to uphold and if he wants to exhibit such behavior, do so in private.

Jackie

Go Matt! He is just letting off some steam I am sure. And Ohhhh How steamy he is. After any long relationship, it's time to do a little partying and catching up on your wild side!!

Can't wait for his next flick, whatever and whenever that maybe.

Abby

Ok...So Maybe He Looks A Little Trashed In Thses Pictures, But "Y" Not
He Is Just Celebrating & Partying, Like The Rest Of Us Would Do..

He Is One Of The HOTTEST Looking Celebs Around.
HE CAN SHUSH ME ANYTIME !!!!!!