EXCLUSIVE: Cruise/Shields' Births -- New Twist

7/11/2006 4:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: St. John's Hospital still has not called back, but we may have figured out what is going on here. It seems as if the nurses entered the license number of the doctors who delivered the children. Doctors are registered with the Medical Board, not the Nursing Board. Reps from two other hospitals -- UCLA and St. Joseph's -- told TMZ the box for "License Number" should have the nurse's license, not the doctor's.

A rep from L.A. County Vital Records, the agency where birth certificates are filed, confirmed to TMZ that the "License Number" should be the nurse's, not the doctor's.

The same nurse who signed the birth certificate for Tom Cruise's daughter Suri also signed the birth certificate for Brooke Shields' daughter Grier, but there's an interesting discrepancy.

Suri and Grier's birthcertificates side by side

Both babies were born on April 18 at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica. Anne Heffernan is the registered nurse who signed both birth certificates. As TMZ reported Monday, Heffernan, who never saw Suri, signed her birth certificate. A hospital rep says Heffernan is authorized to sign when a doctor is not available.

On the Suri Cruise certificate, Heffernan's license number is G48079. On the Grier Henchy certificate, Heffernan's license number is different -- G068399. TMZ checked with the California Board of Registered Nursing and we were told Heffernan's license number didn't match either of the birth certificates. A Board rep told TMZ Hefferman's license number is 317058.

And it gets more interesting. The Board of Registered Nursing told TMZ the license number on Grier's certificate comes back to a Dorothy Rork. The license number on Suri's birth certificate is a mystery. There is no name attached to that license number.

By the way, unlike Suri's birth certificate, Brooke Shields signed the one for her daughter. Someone listed as "Friend" signed the certificate for Suri.

Also, the hospital's policy is to file birth certificates with L.A. County within 10 days of birth. In the case of Suri, it took 20 days to file, in part because the "friend" didn't sign for 16 days. In Grier's case, Brooke herself signed two days after her birth and the certificate was filed nine days after the baby was born.

TMZ placed multiple calls to St. John's. So far, no comment.

Related Link
EXCLUSIVE: Suri Cruise Birth Certificate

H-Wood: The Flurry Over Suri

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

tmzreader

Since tom cruise's real name is Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, and we can assume that Katie's given name isn't 'Kate', I'd say that all the birth certificates floating around are not the actual documents - just something someone came up with in order to start up the rumor mill again.

busybee

Wow, not only a coup in getting the birth certificate, but also in exposing something afoot at the hospital... Is TMZ the new woodstein?

Takisha

I think Tom Cruise is a freak show and who knows what he is capable of with his money and power. Katie has looked like a deer caught in the headlights since she met up with him. Is it because she knows now that the grass isn't greener on the other side? I think that baby exists but he won't show her until his next movie needs promoting.

Jay

How about both the certificates are fakes. Mystery solved.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think there is something wrong with baby Suri. I like the fact she has not been seen public, but I don't know why she has not been seen by friends. I have friends that have a 4 year old that is deaf and mentally retarded. Until recently is was always difficult for them to let people come over. Now they have accepted her condition and it is easier. I think the media should let up on the Cruise baby because they might feel like schmucks later.

nikki

eww how sick is that? what if they really just made that all up? these people need help

Jean

I am a labor and delivery nurse. What you are referring to as possible license numbers appear more like medical record numbers, in which case they should be different for each baby. At the hospital I work at, medical record numbers start with "G0" followed by a set of numbers. People are reading too much into this. Let these people be. Must one try to be suspicious of everything? There are more important things to concern ourselves with in this world....

Ladybg

I hope that Kate is Happy and is there of her own mind and will.

Nancy

My child, who is now 18, was born with facial and spinal defects. I took her everywhere with me as a baby because I felt no need to hide her. No, I'm not famous, but reality is reality. She is facing her 7th operation in the next 2 days and then 5 weeks after that, she will start college. I don't know why Suri hasn't appeared in public - her step-siblings do alot. Sounds fishy to me.

Nancy

kat

KAtie and Tom probably have their birth certificate for their daughter kept private. this one is just a rouse.....

cedartears

I think that Kate wasnt pregnant all along, only made to look the part. I think that Tom Cruise adopted the child and thats why it took so long for the birth certificate to be signed and the differences that are on the certificate. I mean, why did he adopt his first two children with Nicole kidman?? Was it because HE couldnt have children? Something to think about...

COLBY RAY

I always thought that she had the strangest shaped "bump" especially in the later end of her pregnancy. Something just didn't look normal or natural in a way. I don't know ,who really does ?

Chris

Maybe there was a baby switch. Cruise has Brooke's baby and vise versa...
I think Cruise is weird anyway. I use to lik ehim now he just plain sucks, thinks he knows everything! So full of himself it makes me want to vomit!

Leonard

Why does anyone care about this??

Charlene Little

Maybe M. Knight Shamylan can find material for a script out of this.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments