Montel Pops the Question

7/13/2006 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tara Fowler & Montel Williams: Click to watchTMZ was at Montel William's 50th birthday and the talk show host marked the milestone by proposing to his girlfriend Tara Fowler an hour before arriving to the party.

Good thing she said yes, because there's nothing worse than getting rejected on your special day and then having to walk a red carpet event feigning happiness! Fowler was definitely not faking it as she gladly showed off her rock on their way into Pacha in New York.

The American Airlines flight attendant revealed how Williams proposed to her, getting down on one knee and popping the question in front of both their families.

EA

Little country girl....strikes it rich....shame on you Montel...she probably doesn't even know whats hit her!!

Christine

Wow, he hasn't gotten hitched in fifty years? Or is this marriage number five hundred and three?

She looks young. Dirty old man!

karon

I went to school with Montel, I'm glad he found happiness!!

me

he's been married several times

Jeff

Montel looks so young! Congrats! Here's a funny video about flag burning -- the new topic of Doonesbury this week! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ1GTXO0U14&mode=related&search=

Brevance3

Wow.... from the comments it's apparent that a lot of you are very bitter and unhappy. Lighten up will ya?! Montel is just looking for happiness like all of us are. As for his fiance... yes, she younger than him, but not as young as everyone seems to think. ( Take a good look at the picture) It's obvious she's a beautiful woman in her early to mid thirties.

PDodson

True she is in her thirties, I heard Montel on the radio when he was in Memphis,TN and he stated that he needs to stay in shape for his young girlfriend.

KSherrie

Congrat's I guess? I remember when I was in 7th grade Montel Williams came to my middle school and did a speech called "Mountain! Get out of my way! " In retrospect.. it was funny the way he was yelling "Moun-tain!"

smittykitts

Good for him!! Dealing with MS and all its pain has been a real hardship for this man. At least now he has something wonderful to look forward to. Wishing the new couple a wonderful life together.

Donid Blue

Does this man ever encounter women who look like him to date? I'm not opposed to dating any race, however I find it suspect when someone NEVER dates a person who shares their own race!

BETTY

i just think this man don't like black women if i could ask him a question i would ask him what is wrong with being with a black woman it just make me mad that these black men think we are not go enough for them espically when they become famous the foget that they are black give a black woman a chance

Joeleen

Just maybe a black women just doesn't understand what Montel is going through with his Multiple Sclerosis,were as his girlfriend might have a better understanding