Katharine McPhee: "I'm Happy I'm Healthy"

7/26/2006 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katharine McPhee: Click to watchAfter missing the start of the "American Idol" summer tour, Katharine is ready to get back on stage. In a one-on-one interview with her sister and "EXTRA" Special Correspondent Adriana McPhee, Katharine talks about the struggle she had when her voice gave out due to both laryngitis and bronchitis right before the tour was set to start.

"It was definitely difficult, especially with the media making assumptions about what exactly it was, she's ditching the tour for a movie, all these silly things...it's just part of the business and I'm happy I'm healthy."

Katharine said she cried when she thinking she'd be letting her fans down. "I felt horrible. It's a huge disappointment. You're not only disappointing yourself but you're disappointing the people who work for you, your fans most importantly....this is like my first official day of actually speaking."

McPheeverish fans will definitely be happy to learn that she'll be back on tour with the "Idols" starting tomorrow. Tune into "EXTRA" tomorrow for more of Adriana's interview with Katharine.

cheryl k.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT BOB , I AGREE WITH YOU 100% I THINK SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED, AND THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL BASHING HER EVEN STILL IS A SHOCKER TO ME, THEY ARE SO JEALOUS OF HER BEAUTY , AND TALENT IT JUST MAKES ME LIKE HER EVEN MORE, KAT WILL DO WELL AND SHE DESERVES IT JUST LIKE TAYLOR WHOM I STILL CAN'T BEIEIVE HE WON . I STILL THINK KAT SHOULD HAVE WON, I GLAD SHE IS DOING BETTER AND HAS REJOINED THE AI TOUR. GOOD LUCK KAT .

cheryl k.

I GLAD ITS YOUR LAST TIME BECAUSE LIKE BOB SAID YOU ARE NEGATIVE, AND I HOPE YOU GET SOME HELP FOR THAT CHRISS GOD BLESS

Spitfire919

ugh she gets on my nerves shes trying to play diva!!!!!

large sized teen

She should have toured and just signed autographs, then. I'm glad I am not the only one who saw her as phoney a long time ago. People invested time, weeks, to American Idol. Spoiled turd.

Michella

I'm sick of everyone being nasty to her. She freaking had doctor's orders not to sing. I'm sorry Taylor was sick, but it's not Kat's fault she couldn't sing. She's the most talented singer on the show EVER, except for Kelly. I have been a fan and I won't stop. By the way, Taylor is not talented.

Vera

Katharine McPhee Rocks! She is the BOMB! She is awesome! She is a sweetheart!

ruth

To whom it may concern,
Stop making it hard for people to survive. I think of all the struggles I had in my life and got past them. It takes shear determination to get past everyones negativity. I like to wish Katherine all the success in the world... ruthy bayonne usa

lalala

Jeez - first her bulemia, now this?? Anything to keep her name in the papers, I suppose.

Originalkat

What a setup interview. Her sister? Does the coverup never stop? She is one of the producers of a play opening next month. Her name is not that big to just get attention for the play. The other producers have names and backgrounds.
This is not the first time she talked either. She is more of an actress than anything but trying to cover her you know what because of the contract with Amer Idol and her fans.
She is such a phoney and lost me as a fan along time ago.

Julia

All I can say is that I didn't vote for her!

Whatever

I wonder if she will be as successful as Kelly or Carrie W? And not end up like Justin G?

Mark

McPhee is a Phoney & a FAKE. She makes me sick. I hope she spends 1 Week on the tour and then gets kicked off. She doesn't get that you have to sruggle for you art, you Need to DISCIPLINE yourself. She has ZERO discipline. She stinks, kick her off.

notawacko

She's a scientologist, isn't she? Ergo, she's a liar.

LisaL

I can't stand her either and sure as heck didn't vote for her.
As others have said.. she's such a freaking phony and will do anything to keep her name in the media. Remember the whole.. "disappearing" after she said she had an eating disorder.
What a crock of shite.

Penni

Kat MacPhee Pity Party R.S.V.P.: Sorry, Unable To Attend!

All the rest of this year's Idols have worked their hineys off on this tour, especially Taylor! I mean, come on! He sings 3 EXTRA songs to cover for Kat's absence! Not only that, he was running a fever for at least 2 days, coughing, sneezing, hoarse throat, but guess what? He not only showed up, he set the arena on fire each and every time! The other Idols have been giving it their all as well! Kat owes them, as well as her fans, a HUGE debt of gratitude! Have fun at the White House, Kat. Be sure to thank Taylor's high school English teacher for the photo op.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments