Hasselbeck Gets Hot

And a Hug From Babwa

8/2/2006 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Token "View" conservative Elisabeth Hasselbeck doesn't hide her emotions when it comes to the controversy surrounding the morning-after pill.

A heated discussion about the subject erupted on Wednesday's show when Barbara Walters brought up that the controversial morning-after pill was being considered for approval for over-the-counter distribution by the FDA. Hasselbeck became visibly upset while arguing the topic and was scolded by Walters for being overly emotional. The agitated Elisabeth proceeded to tear up her cards as the show went to a commercial break.

When the show returned from the break, Elisabeth was being soothed by a motherly Walters as they sat in each other's laps. Barbara told Elisabeth that she respected her opinions and Elisabeth responded that she respected Barbara' s opinion as well--and that she loved being on the show. They then hugged and kissed.

While the display was slightly disturbing--to say the least--we're just happy this sort of mothering wasn't around when Star was on the show.

Chris

The entire "View" has lost its interest to me - the " Soap Opera" mentality has become the overiding issue and I have become a "Non- Fan" Good Luck with the new season - but I doubt you can come back - even with Rosie - who is quite a draw - If the show does come back - then you can consider Rosie as the reason.

sue

Yes, Elisabeth has every right to voice her opinion. The problem is, her voice is soooo ear piercing!!! Besides, she needs to get her facts straight before she goes into hysterics! The morning after pill will possibly prevent a pregnancy from even happening, it is not a pill that will cause an abortion! Bring on Rosie and bring her on ASAP!!!

dorothy

ELIZABETH, REPLACED? ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? PLEASE !!!!!! REPLACE THAT, BUTTER WOULDNT MELT IN MY MOUTH, BARBERA WALTERS. I DONT CARE IF IT IS HER SHOW. IF SHE WOULD HAVE EMBARRASSED ME ON THE SHOW LIKE THAT, I WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT RIGHT BACK TO HER. SHE SHOULD HAVE DISCUSSED IT WITH ELIZABETH AFTER THE SHOW IN PRIVATE. ANY BOSS KNOWS THAT. IM REALLY SICK OF THE WHOLE SHOW. DELETE IT !!!!!!!!

cvaz

I listened to the clips. I have to say, I admire Hasselbeck. The ohers were coming up with strawman arguments and she handled them with reason. She knows her mind and knows how to defend her position. I admire strong women and I've added her to my list.

Laurie

Hi,
I think that the "View" is headed for a break down. There has been way too many changes. Rosie O'donell is going to cause a lot of arguments in between the other ladies. I think that Elisabeth is trying to help make up for the lose of Star leaving. She brings a young point of view to the show but, she has been way too serious lately. Like the show where the flirting thing that husbands do. We are all human beings and men do things that they can't I think sometimes don't mean to do. Maybe things will smooth out and the co-stars will get back to normal.

JM

Elisabeth needs to get the stick out of her right-wring conservative republican butt.

Monica

The comment about universal health care at the end was totally inappropiate. People need that b/c it's impossible to afford heath care as it is. I have health insurance and still can't afford some of the things my daughter needs for a major ongoing illness. My problem is these ultra conservative's opinions are trying to change my rights. If they don't agree with these things then don't do it, but don't try to take away rights from others that don't agree with them

Taryn

I've emailed "The View" before asking Barbara Walters to PLEASE take Elizabeth off the show. Why is she on the show? Does she have talent that we don't know about? At least Joy Behar is humorous.

Good Lord!!!!

LGS

First of all, Elisabeth did not have a Tirade. She expressed her "View". To balance Joy she has to be tough and strong and passionate. She may have been incorrectly thinking about the abortion pill rather than the morning after pill. I agree the morning after pill is needed. When Rosie comes. I am done. It has been the only daytime show I have watched, but that lug will do me in.
LGS

Ron

Early in her tiraid, she said something like "It's not for me" and I can respect that. However just because it is not right for her does not mean it is not right for someone else and she should respect that.

John LaLonde

I can't stand Elizabeth or her views. She is a fool and I can't wait for Rosie to chew her up and spit her out.

Jami

My understanding is that the pill that they are looking to approve does not terminate a pregnancy, just stops a woman from becoming pregnant. There was just a story about it on the CBS news. They are not putting the current morning after pill over the counter.

Kate

Dear Elisabeth, I am childless and not by choice. I wish I were your mom.

Rick

With BaBa WaWa and No-Nothing Hasselbeck there to give their opinions, why should anyone care? Who has time to watch this crap? Get a life. I'm more glad than ever that I restrict my kids from watching much tv, and extend that policy to myself as well. tv really has become a wasteland.

sage

Elisabeth has proven with her "dramatic" comments that she is not an accurate representation of young American women. She has no business on this show in which important issues are discussed and she should stick to mindless reality shows. I used to watch this show but I stopped because I could not tolerate her idiotic comments, especially during the presidential elections.