Elton John

The Bitch Is Back

8/2/2006 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

elton_g_0802_200-1Sir Elton John's loose lips are at it again. This time the 59-year-old's vocal venom is pointed directly at American bands' style.

John wants Yankee groups to dress more like he and his fellow Brit glam rockers (like The Who and Queen) did in the 70s.

He tells Fashion Rocks magazine, "I think it's good that some American bands are beginning to do that, but it's still very rare for bands to make a real effort... I'm so over tattoos and the T-shirts and rings through the noses. It's not pretty, it's not pleasant, it's not exciting. Please stop it now." We guess a Good Charlotte duet is out of the question.

In 2004, the singer had a bout with Tourette's of the mouth and lashed out at everyone from Taiwanese photographers to Madonna to George Michael, whom he collaborated with on the '90s hit "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me."

After being swarmed by the press upon arrival at a Taipei airport, John called the Asian media "rude, vile pigs." He accused the Material Girl of lip-synching at a British award show, but later apologized. And then he said Michael appeared to be in a "strange place," wasting his talent by staying at home and shunning the limelight, late night trysts in public parks not included.

Stay tuned to see what other invective Elton will unleash when he hosts the Fashion Rocks concert on September 8 on CBS.

Harley

someone put a big penis in his mouth !! maby he will shut up !!!

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

True or False?

MK OLSEN weighs less than the average American house cat.

Sam Doe

I have to disagree with Elton on this one. I prefer just jeans and a top on my entertainers -- much in the style of well-known talk show hostess Windy Moore.

wendell dixon

I used to have so much respect as an artist for Elton John. He seems like a very bitter man that loves to lash out and bitch about everything. I think the comment about American bands dressing as the brits did in the 70's. come on bro...this is America..we are a kick ass country with a style that is mimicked across the world.. Im not into the rock scence, but I like the dress,the hair,clothes etc..I don't think that knowone had an issue when he was up there in the 70's with his flashy clothes, diamonds and all..Funny...he has toned down his look -LOL...I saw David Bowie last year and damn it he had on jeans...so to say that he wishes that rockers change their looks..elton bro...pull that tampon out of your ass and get a life..america is unique country and thats why you live right here in a million dollar pad in Buckhead Atlanta.....some folks...

Sillyme

Elton always looked like a frumpy old man or Trashy transient to me.

Kailee

I love you Elton...but plz stop bitching...
Kailee

casey

Elton is just another bitchy queen who is on the verge of being a "has been".

Whatever

This is the only way this guy can keep himself in the headlines is to squawk about what other musicians are doing and wearing.

Whatever

BTW what's up with all this windy crap all over the place? Thought you weren't allowed to advertise on this site?

amyg

Elton sure has been moody lately. Either it's his time of the month he's going thru the change!!!!!!!

miz

Who gives a f!ck about what that fat old queen thinks? He hasn't had a decent song in well over 20 years, and even the good songs he had he didn't even write the lyrics for. Go sequin your a$$, you old fud.

lea

Ummmm...right. Elton, they don't dress like that because THEY'RE NOT GAY. I doubt they would want to tempt your slimey sausage-like fingers into touching the fabric. Gross.

Magus Umbra

I'm sorry all but I have to say I ADORE Sir Elton's style. Many an artist could benefit from a velvet suit! You just stay your bitchy self Elton!!

adam

this Ass- H*** need's to be shipped to Afghanistan to get sort it out. ***et.

mindscapes

he hasn't had a hit in over 20+ years??? he's a sad, pathetic person. basically a troll. if he didn't lash out at others, he wouldn't be talked about except when people say "isn't he dead?"

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments