America Will Cast the New "Grease"

8/8/2006 2:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Olivia Newton John, John TravoltaNBC today announced a new reality series to air mid-season which will allow viewers to choose the leads in the Broadway production of "Grease." The show will take its title from the musical itself -- "You're the One That We Want."

The new production of "Grease" will open on Broadway in June 2007 and will be directed and choreographed by two-time Tony Award-winner Kathleen Marshall. Tickets for "Grease" will go on sale on December 1, 2006.

Jim Jacobs, the co-creator of "Grease," along with Kathleen Marshall and renowned theater producer David Ian, will judge.

c

YAWN!!!

Dave Baker

Careful!

I'm not even a fan of the musical, but "You're the One that I Want" was one of two songs NOT in the original Broadway musical, but added to the movie for ONJ and Travolta. The other song was "Hopelessly Devoted to You."

If I guy who didn't like it knows that, you're gonna get mail on this.

miz

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I have been in rinky-dink productions of the play & the play is just nowhere near the perfection that the movie is. We've already got the perfect cast!

Ellie

BORRRRINGG!!

America gets to vote, but the prices for Broadway shows are so ridiculously high, most of America won't be able to afford to see it.

I am so tired of "reality" tv. Most of it is scripted anyway. It's as real as the producers want it to be.

I think I'll catch up some reading, thanks.

kathryn

John Travolta scares me. Scientology scares me.

p1tey1

Grease? Why?

Danielle

Hi shut up all you people. its not for the movie to be remade it for the play! and the play is completley different than the movie.

btw.....ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AUDITION DATES??????

lala

I look at Travolta and Olivia and I see a scientologist and a woman whose boyfriend disappeared but was found in Cabo.

nik

does anyone have audition information?

Melissa

Wow, Olivia Newton-John looks great!

Carol

Does anyone have info on the auditions? Can't see to find out anything about them.