Top Stories for 08/16/06

8/16/2006 9:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Justin Timberlake, unlike millions of other Americans, evidently doesn't think much of Taylor Hicks' soul-patrolling shtick.

"People think he looks so normal, and he's so sweet and he's so earnest, but he can't carry a tune in a bucket," says Timberlake. And JT adds that as much as his Southern-fried fan base love Taylor now, they could turn on him in a Tuscaloosa second under certain circumstances.

In the Vanity Fair supplement Fashion Rocks (via MSNBC), Timberlake, whose own album "Futuresex/Lovesounds" comes out Sept. 12, speculates on what would happen to all of Hicks' Southern fans if he were to reveal something controversial about his personality. "If [Hicks] has any skeletons whatsoever, if God forbid, he's gay, and if all these people in Mississippi who voted for him are like, "Oh my god, I voted for a queer!" It's just too much pressure." And he may not think much of Taylor, but he's got a conflicted view of the show that made him famous, "American Idol." Of the pop-culture phenomenon, JT says, "I despise it, yet I'm completely fascinated."

For the record, neither Hicks nor anyone else has ever even suggested that he might be gay, though it seems that Justin, who publicly supported his ex-bandmate Lance Bass' decision to come out, wouldn't think there was anything wrong with it.

Simon Loves Him Some Hoff

Speaking of "Idol," Simon Cowell thinks it's "incredible" that his newest show – "America's Got Talent," full of yodelers, magicians, and other species of talent freak – actually did well on NBC. "To be honest, we were not expecting it to do as well as it did," he tells the New York Post.

And it seems that Cowell really wants David Hasselhoff back as a judge, despite the fact that the Hoff has said that he was only going to do the gig for one season. "I like this panel, I think they're going to get more interesting," says Simon of Hasselhoff, Brandy, and Piers Morgan.

Simon admits that he's seen some acts on his own show that make him wish he were the one passing his own brand of caustic judgment. "It's been very tempting," says Cowell. "There have been times when I've watched the show and thought to myself, 'God I wish I was judging this.'"

The show ends tomorrow with the crowning of a $1 million winner.

Xtina Kicks Up A "F.U.S.S." About Storch

Christina Aguilera and Scott Storch -- producer of Paris Hilton's album and Team Firecrotch member -- are hissing at one another, just in time for the release of both blonde bombshells' records.

On her latest album, which just dropped yesterday, Xtina slams Storch on a song called "F.U.S.S." after he dropped out of producing "Back to Basics," supposedly because, among other reasons, she wouldn't send a private plane to get him.

But Storch, never one to disguise his feelings, tells In Touch magazine (via Ben Widdicombe), "I worked on half of her last CD and sold her millions of copies. Obviously, she cares more than I do that I didn't do this album. But I can't blame her, with an album full of fillers, oversinging and lame Vegas-like cabaret music."

On "F.U.S.S.", the letters of which we'll allow you to sort out on your own, the pop princess sings of Storch, "I thought I knew who you were, I see now you were a lesson to learn. . .This song is for you to remind you/that I moved on...looks I didn't need you."

Goodie Bag: Oprah To Guest on Rachael Ray's Show, Reichen Moves In With Lance, and Lindsay Brings Cookies to Set

Oprah Winfrey made a surprise visit to the set of Rachael Ray's new talk show, which is taping episodes now in advance of its Sept. 18 premiere, says People. The hour-long syndicated show, called "The Rachael Ray Show," won't normally have celebrity guests, but the Queen of All Talk Winfrey hung out for the taping, met the audience, and had some coffee on-air with Ray. Oprah's Harpo Productions is producing the show. . . Reichen Lehmkuhl, the boyfriend of recently-out Lance Bass, has moved into Bass' house after, according to Page Six, he lost his own house. The $642,400 abode is in "pre-foreclosure" according to defaultresearch.com, though Reichen's lawyer says it's in escrow, not foreclosure. . . Lindsay Lohan is apparently trying to make nice on the "Georgia Rule" set – she brought 500 cupcakes to work earlier this month, says Ben Widdicombe, which she passed out to co-workers.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

sherri

Just love JT puts down other artists. Shows real class and professionalism. If memory serves correct none of his SOLO albums have been as big chart busters as when he was in his BOYBAND. Nice way to support his coboyband buddy who came out recently Lance Bass.

CLass act there JT. Since you can pick on people for maybe their orientation lets looking at your 'fashion' or lack of fashion skills you have.

alissa

wow i didnt know timberlake was an a**hole! his singing sucks too.

Whatever

Jealous JT? He's making himself look like a jealous, insecure little baby! He can't carry a tune worth sh*t himself.

jessica

I cant stand that Taylor Hicks either JT said it straight up he cant sing i dont know what the hell everyone was thinking and he sure as HELL is not good looking. Not a huge fan of JT's either but i like him more than Taylor.
WAY TO SAY IT LIKE IT IS JUSTIN!!!!!

Robin

I love JT and think he is right about Taylor. Taylor was horrible on American Idol and he didn't deserve to win!

ECJ

I cannot believe Justin Timberlake is judging someone else's singing.

For your information JT.... YOUR SORRY ASS REALLY CAN'T SING.

Taylor Hick's is a truly soleful and excellent singer. I sure will be buying his CD and not yours. You're a sorry excuse for an artist.

WTF?

You all know he was right on about Taylor Hicks.....JT is just telling it like it is.

WTF?

Taylor Hicks will be a has been shortly. Can't sing that well and dances like a spazz. Do you really think that he is going to be some big mega star like Kelly Clarkson. The difference between the 2 american idol winners is that she is incredibly talented.
Justin can't have an opinion? Puh-leeze.
JT is a great singer and I hate that I have to wait to buy his new cd. He's bringing sexy back, ya know. Yummy

Whatever

Who made Timberflake the judge on who can sing and who can't? Is he afraid Hicks will sell more albums then him? What a little weiner.

pat

AS MUCH AS TAYLOR HICKS FANS WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE HE IS TRULY TALENTED--THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS--JT GOT IT RIGHT---HE CAN'T SING WORTH A *&%#!!! THE "LOSERS" OF THIS YEARS AMERICAN IDOL WILL BE THE ONES SELLING THE ALBUMS --- CHRIS, BUCKY AND KATHERINE'S LIGHT WILL CONTINUE TO SHINE LONG AFTER HICKS --- THEY WERE THE TRUE TALENT OF THE SEASON--THE VOTERS GOT IT WRONG---BUT HEY---VOTERS RE-ELECTED BUSH--WHAT'S THAT TELL YOU?

Whatever

If this isn't the pot calling the kettle. Justin can't sing either. He sounds like a little girl trying to hit those high notes.

Treva

WHAT A JERK!!!!!
I USE TO THINK JUSTIN WAS AN ALL AROUND GOOD GUY WHO DIDN'T JUDGE PEOPLE, I CAN SEE BY HIS COMMENTS ABOVE THAT I WAS WRONG. HE NEEDS TO REMEMBER THAT HE WAS GIVEN A BREAK WHEN HE FIRST STARTED OUT, SO WHAT'S WRONG WITH GIVING ANOTHER SINGER A CHANCE. I'LL ADMITT TAYLOR WASN'T MY FIRST CHOICE FOR AMERICAN IDOL TITLE BUT WHEN MY FAVORITE WAS VOTED OFF, TAYLOR SOON BECAME MY #1 PICK. TAYLOR IS A REAL PERSON UNLIKE SOME OF THE OTHER SINGERS ON AMERICAN IDOL, HE HAS NO DRAMA AT THIS POINT. IMAGINE IF KATHRINE MCPHEE WON... DRAMA QUEEN!!!!!!!!

SO JUSTIN, GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE!!!!!!!

sheri

I heard SexyBack the other day and can't even tell which voice is Justin's. He can't sing and relies on the digital modification to make his albums "bearable", if you want to call them that.
Taylor, on the other hand, has a great sound, and whether he "makes it" or not, has great talent.
I never had a reason to dislike Justin until now. Maybe he's on some of those drugs he admitted to last month. They're making him feel like he's actually better than another person. Twirp.

tiffany

RKelly recently dissed JT much the same way, saying he would never work with anyone who uses and abuses "R and B" .

So, hmm...?