Comedy Giants

In the Big Apple

8/18/2006 4:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ's cameras were rolling in New York City last night and as usual, we caught loads of your favorite celebs.

First, we stopped by MTV to get a quick glimpse of Rev Run and his family striking a pose as they left "TRL."

From there, we checked out the star-studded opening night of Martin Short's new Broadway production, "Martin Short: Fame Becomes Me" where the A-listers were arriving in droves!

Jerry Seinfeld rolled though, along with his good friend and "Seinfeld" co-creator Larry David, while Sarah Jessica Parker hit the red carpet with hubby Matthew Broderick. Tom Hanks and Billy Crystal also hit the scene as well as comedian Chevy Chase who arrived with his family.

The last stop for the night was hotspot Marquee where we saw "Idol" wannabe Constantine Maroulis and R&B singer John Legend.

CelebSlam.com

I heart Seinfeld

John

Larry David is the funniest man alive! Curb Your Enthusiasm is even better than Seinfeld is!

EGO

John, you make a good point. I dabbled in Jerry's show (mostly reruns), but Larry's (C.Y.E.) is funny as hell!!! Dude lets his mouth write checks his ass can't cash.

Jude

Lucky You..I'd LOVE to see Constantine Maroulis again; he is the best performer I've seen on stage in years!

Mer

Constantine is a great entertainer. He is in a different league than the other idol's. Anyone who reads this should really check him out live if they get a chance. I hear he sold out the Viper room in LA recently. I can't wait for his solo album.

me

Constantine is a must to see live!! Nothing will prepare you for the way this man commands the stage and the show he puts on. You will not be disappointed.

Jane

Larry David looks downright hot with facial hair!!! And Jerry always looks like a stud!! ;-)

Portnoy

Billy Crystal isn't too shabby a comedian.