'Rescue Me' Finale Sneek Peak

8/25/2006 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rescue MeAs the third season of the FX hit drama "Rescue Me" comes to an end, the mix of drama and comedy that has become the show's trademark is in full force. In one scene, the crew is coming up for nicknames for their new chief (whose last name may or may not be pronounced "pecker"). In the next, Franco is bonding with his girlfriend's mentally-challenged brother. So is the delicate balance of "Rescue Me."

The show's season finale wraps up some of the stories central to this season: Tommy and Lou decide their future, Mike settles on his sexual identity (in hysterical fashion, of course), Sean and Maggie settle into marriage and Franco takes his test for a promotion (and finally re-connects with his daughter -- the show's only real "swing and a miss" storyline this year).

In an incredibly moving scene
from Sunday's finale, the crew gathers around the real life, recently-unveiled 9/11 monument built on the side of "10 House," the home of Engine Company 10 and Ladder Company 10, across Liberty Street from the World Trade Center.

Season three of "Rescue Me" comes to an end Tuesday night at 10PM on FX.

AMD

I was never much of a Denis Leary fan, but this show has changed my mind. This is the best show on TV in a long time. Just as the article says it balances drama and humor. I think Denis Leary is excellent in this show, as is the rest of the cast. I will definitely miss it after Tuesday night!

kat

I agree with AMD. Never much of a Leary fan until Rescue Me - love him now. This is the best show on TV and I'm glad it's catching on. Too bad it wasn't nominated for an Emmy. Hope Denis wins - he deserves it.

Kat Tracy

RESCUE ME WILL BE BACK! WITH AWARD WINNING DENNIS LEARY & THE GANG- DOES THAT MEAN THAT CHIEF JERRY DIES???

Travis Bickle

Rescue Me is a brilliant show. I wouldn't say that this season was it's finest season but still very watchable and funny. The Shield is also another great FX show and it will interesting to see what happens in it's final season.

JFR

This is an amazing show. I have watched all seasons and I am hooked. Rescue Me has really pulls in the watcher and keeps you there. I cant wait for Tuesdays to come for another episode. There has not been a show like this on TV for a long time. Its real, emotional, and has comedy. Everything anyone could want. Hopefully with some of the guys leaving the firehouse it wont hurt the show or worse ...end it anytime soon. I would love to see it stick around like Friends (10 yrs). Now Nip tuck needs to star stepping up to the plate!

JLS

This is without a doubt the best show on TV. Too bad it's a "summer" show, I'm sure many people have missed it. Who knew Denis Leary could act? He deserves the Emmy for his portrayal of this sometimes funny, sometimes pathetic character. What a talent he is!!!!!!!

get a life people

love love love this show......can't get enough of it.......now i am ready for nip tuck

shawty

I just love this show, even when you hate it you have to love it, The story lines are great and its not like any other show on TV now and that is what makes its so great, Denis has done such a great job in acting, I just love the cast they have on here. I will be sad when it goes off but, I cant wait till the next season. It was sad that they killed johnny off. But im glad that it wasnt the chief, I just hope that Franco gets his daughter back, I liked him more as a daddy then a playboy although he plays it good lol.

Lou

Looks like they're taking a wiz break.

sassiern

I also LOVE this show. I love Tommy, Lou, Sean, Franco. Jerry, and everyone else. What a great cast. I vote for Denis to get the Emmy. Can't wait till next season. THIS IS THE BEST ON TV.

L. Martinez

I live in Japan and alas, have to stick to Rescue Me DVDs. The things I miss most from the U.S. are tacos, salsa and Rescue Me tuesday nights. This really is the best show on T.V. and raised the bar for the F/X network. Shows like Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me bring HBO-type quality to the masses. RESCUE ME is indeed the best thing going on TV these days.

Tina M

Great, great show. Other than the dangling storyline of Franco's missing daughter, all roles are written well & kept to the character's personality. Bravo to Dennis Leary & his partner for executing with near perfection, the daunting task of writing such great scripes & storylines for all the characters. Can't wait until next season!

karin klag

i love this show. it is even better than the Sopranos. denis leary is great.

J. Cleary

My husband and I are big fans of Rescue Me. Denis Leary deserves the Emmy tonight. We have always been fans of his. But this is his best performance yet. FX gives us the shows we need in the summer, fall and winter. We love NIp Tuck and The Shield as well. Thank you FX for giving us television that is interesting and great to watch. Tuesday nights on FX are the best night of TV.

alex cutter

This show jumped the shark a looooong time ago.

And Leary is playing himself.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments