PETA Wants Gator-aid From Beyoncé

8/29/2006 1:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

PETA is going after Beyoncé Knowles -- again -- after the singer told Arena magazine about her peeps taping a baby alligator's mouth shut during a recent photo shoot.
Beyonce
The shoot went down for Beyoncé's upcoming album, "B'Day." She told the magazine, "There was a shot where I held an alligator. (It) had (its) mouth taped -- that was my bright idea." Beyoncé added, "He was really cute, but since his mouth was taped, he didn't have any way to defend himself. He was upset, so he peed on me. That was an experience."

PETA thinks it was a bad experience -- for the gator. The animal rights organization contacted one of the world's leading biologists, who wrote Knowles a letter saying, "As a specialist in reptile biology and welfare, I'm concerned about your posing with a terrified baby alligator for your new album cover." He added, "Humans and alligators are not natural bedfellows, and the two should not mix at events such as photo shoots. In my view, doing so is arguably abusive to an animal."

Beyoncé has not responded to the letter. This isn't the first time PETA has gone after her. This past June, Beyoncé and her mom were confronted by PETA members at a fancy New York restaurant over the singer's use of fur in her fashion lines.

SOUND OFF: We want to hear from you - LITERALLY! Call TMZ's toll-free number 866-895-8877 and sound off (but not for more than 30 seconds)! Start with your name and tell us where you live.

CoCo

THX #134, IT IS GOOD TO SEE NOT ALL PEOPLE IN HERE ARE HEARTLESS. I LIKE BEYONCE BUT THERE ARE CERTAIN THINGS THAT YOU JUST DO NOT DO. SOMEONE MENTIONED EARLIER ABOUT THE CROCODILE HUNTER BEING WORST, IT'S CALLED RESEARCH SO THAT MOOREONS LIKE MANY OF YOU IN HERE CAN READ BOOKS AND NOT STICK YOUR HAND IN GATORS MOUTHS, NEVERTHELESS MAKE IT A KODAK MOMENT WITH THEM.
P.S.
I LOVE THE WAY SAY DO NOT SAY & FRIZBY GIRL RESPONDED.....
THEY PROBABLY CHOKED ON A BONE LAST NIGHT.

SZ

she wears furs, tapes baby animals mouths shut. Good god someone needs to wake her ass up..she's evil.

yoyoluv27910

I don't think that B is curel to animals.PETA needs to worry about there own problems.how curel are they to animals killing them then dumping the dead animals in my town.they need to check their employees out carefully and clean up their own mess before getting into other people buisness leave B alone. keep doing your thing and god bless you.

Curtis

Beyonce' sucks. She goes out of her way to hurt and disrespect animals. She ought to be ashamed. Doesn't she understand that this is BAD publicity? No one likes animal exploitation.

Lori Ann Bryant

I believe that PETA are a bunch of over zealous fanatics who are
little touched in the head. Most of the animals they are trying to
"save" are treated better than humans. If these people are so concern about animals' right, they need to join the ASPCA and help those animals who are in need of protecting, like the many
pets that are abused and neglected. Most of the wild animals in circuses and in care of wildlife are in the best care and are respected due to the animals' dangerousness. Hey, PETA, if you want to save animals, go to animal shelter and do your part to help these truly abused animals!!!!!!!!!

Dawn McFerren

Yea she is redicules. Obviously she uses them alive and dead. How nice.

Cara McCouwsiner

SHUT UP oh my gosh she taped the mouth close so it wouldn't bite her its not like she stomped it or cut off a leg you would probally do the same thing to protect yourself.
and yall out there sayin that it should have bit her in her trot can shut it she can sing don't be mad cause you can't

Dee

F**K PETA! The gator's mouth was TEMPORARILY taped shut--who cares?? There was no bodily harm done to the animal---- that's how they are handled by trained professionals who care for and rescue them! 'B' rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever

Beyonce is a spoiled rotten little bitch that treats animals like playthings. Karma sure is a bitch.

FOX

I RARELY VISIT THESE CHATS AND DON'T EVEN LISTEN TO HER MUSIC...BUT....GET A LIFE.....PEOPLE WILL WRITE ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONE THEY ENVY.....LET THE GIRL LIVE HER LFE....AND GET ONE YOURSELVES....LIKE YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING PEOPLE MIGHT FIND QUESTIONABLE........LOL

MARK

Why don't we have all of the PETA PANSIES hold an alligator without taping it's mouth shut and see how long the stay worried about a reptile's mental health when they fling it across the room to get it off their hand and then stomp on it to get even.
What a bunch of anal retards. I guess they forgot about all of the people alligators have attacked and killed.
They all need a gator's mouth clamped across their stupid lips to keep them shut.
Better yet, just feed all of them to the gators. Then all of the gators will be happy, and so will the rest of us. Morons!

PEPPA

GOOD FOR THE GATOR.... AT LEAST HE/SHE HAD TO WHERE WITH ALL TO PISS ON BEYONCE>> IT SHOULDAIMED DIRECTLY AT HER FACE , AND PISSED ON IT !!!! .... I NEVER FEEL SORRY FOR ANY..... AND I MEAN ANY !!!! ( S0 CALLED ) HUMAN , THAT THINKS IT'S A GOOD THING TO TAKE ANY CREATURE .... AND USE IT FOR THEIR OWN ENJOYMENT. FROM THE POOR BULLS.... TO THE GREYHOUNDS.... TO THE COCK FIGHTS.... TO MAKING THE NORMALLY KIND PITBULLS INTO MONSTERS......ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC. :0((

Shimmy

I believe spud's remarks on 8/29 to be highly offensive with a not-so-subtle racial overtone that is dispicable. I pray for your soul and your ignorance.

I'm not necessarily pro-Beyonce's-actions. Maybe there was a way to get the shot that they wanted without having to tape the mouth of the gators shut (I don't know, maybe there wasn't) but the remarks of this blogger are unjustified and a poor testament of his character and beliefs. I am a fan of Beyonce's music but definitely not a fanatic!

I believe she should come out with a statement of apology to save face only if its genuine. Other than that, every other comment on here is pure "hating"! Can't be mad at the girl for being beautiful, rich and famous.

Ya'll be sweet and have a blessed day! :)

Laursie

Peta has no credibility anymore. Remember the dogs in the dumpster put there by Peta. They are a bunch of blowhards looking for easy money. It is pure blackmail. I hope she doesn't give in to them.

GINA

A GREAT BIG HUGEEEEEEEEEE YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ