Ellen/Portia Injured in Porsche

9/2/2006 10:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and girlfriend Portia de Rossi were injured Friday when a woman suspected of drunk driving caused a chain collision.
Portia de Rossi and Ellen Degeneres
It occurred on Sunset Blvd., just before 4 p.m. DeGeneres and de Rossi were in a 2006 Porsche Carrera, stopped at a light. TMZ is told that two men in the Buick behind them were paparazzi in pursuit of a shot, though that car was stopped as well. Suddenly, a 2002 Porsche Carrera, driven by 52-year-old Jeanne Werber, slammed into the Buick, which in turn slammed into DeGeneres' car.

An LAPD spokeswoman tells TMZ that Werber was arrested and booked on suspicion of drunk driving. A source at the scene says Werber was belligerent after the crash.

We're told DeGeneres complained of neck and back pain. Portia de Rossi complained of back pain as well. The force was severe enough that the airbag in the paparazzi car deployed.

Curious

Is she ever going to have a story to tell on her show! I hope they are both OK. Ellen is a treasure, her honesty is refreshing and her dancing is great. My thoughts and prayers are with them. I hope they sue the drunk bitch that caused the accident.

Rene

I'm glad they're okay... I love Ellen, and it seems like Portia makes her happy. I can't wait for the new season of her show to start! It's been boring all summer without Ellen! I like to drink, too, but drunk driving at 4:00 pm? That's pretty extreme! At least wait until 5:00, and then call a cab! Don't drink and drive!

sickened

Our prayers go out to Ellen and firend. I hope they are both o.k. This goes to show you, whats even worse, than paparazzi out on the roads,,,, is stupid, drunk people, driving!! I hope this dumb woman pays for her dumb mistake. We love you Ellen- hope all is well,,,,,,,,,can't wait till your new show begins....

imitalian

I hope they are okay. Those rear-end crashes are really hell on the back and neck!

Julie

good lord - that person was drunk at 4pm....sheesh!

alissa

i hope the drunk driver loses her license for good. here on cape cod ,massachusetts they are really cracking down on this. drunk drivers scare the crap out of me. you never know where and when or who their next victim will be. beware of the idiots.

Tuna

This has got to be the most ironic story ever... I guess in this case it paid to be a celebrity. If the Paparazzi wasn't sitting behind Ellen she may have been in worse shape. Kudos to the Paparazzi...I'm sure we'll figure a way to blame it on them anyway!

Donna Mercer

I think that Ellen is the greatest and I hope she and Portia are well. I have loved her since she first came out on her sitcom. Best wishes!!!

Shari

There is no excuse for people to drink and drive. I hope this woman has the book thrown at her for choosing to get behind the wheel after drinking.

My son has a drinking problem and has also chosen to drink and drive. He (was only 19 at the time) did major damage to his car. I told him that he needed to sit back and think about it because if he killed himself for his stupid choices that was one thing but he had no right to possibly kill someone else for his choosing to drive after drinking. I asked him to think about the feelings of that possible victoms family and also how he would feel knowing he took the life of another person. I hope that really made him think. At least as far as I know he hasn't driven while drinking since.

I wish the best for Ellen and Portia.

the wife

Damn drunk drivers.... Ellen is funny as hell and I am glad she wasn't hurt worse. I hope that drunk lady gets the proper punishment for her selfish and careless decision.

DESERT RAT

ITS A GOOD THING THE PHOTOGS WERE FOLLOWING THEM.
THE IMPACT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE IF IT WERE NOT THERE.

SO THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS THE PHOTOGS ARE GOOR FOR SOMTHING......THAY MAKE A GOOD BUFFER.

ebombay

wow shari, thanks for the story....not

Tuna

Hey 10)
you ought to lay off the drinks while your online, it's not a goor thing to drink and type!!!! You have a good point though, at least the Paparazzi were helpful for once huh?!? I hope Ellen and her girl are ok and feel better!!!

Salvatori

Wow Bob looks like you had a couple too.lol..goor..?. Yeah hope they are ok.

Whatever

Good thing they weren't hurt too seriously!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments