Last Known Photo of Steve Irwin

9/14/2006 5:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Below is the last photo taken of Steve Irwin before his tragic death last week. He is posing marine biologist Chris Jones on his boat, Croc 1, just two days before his death.
The last photo of Steve Irwin
Irwin died last week after his heart was pierced by a stingray's poisonous barb while filming on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

Family and pals held a private funeral at the zoo on Saturday and there will be a public memorial service at his 60-acre Australia Zoo wildlife park next Wednesday.

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36

s kelly

i dint know steve but im sure in my heart that he wouldnt have wanted all this name calling so please just rember him as a truly loyal person and terri i hope you know that the world grieves with you and bob i just would like to put my arms around you and tell you that you are loved and to give bindi and little bob a kiss i hope yall would respect what steve wouldve wanted for us to be united for the good of all animals and humans im sorry steve is gone. my heart will hurt forever i cant go too the zoo although i have always wanted tobut my thoughts and prayers are all with you terri ,kids father bob and the staf f at the zoo

Erik

It's sad that people need to use profanity to express themselves. It only
proves my theory and that of others. By these individuals using profanity it only
proves one point. LACK OF VOCABULARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor pathetic lost souls.
We should pray for them. For they don't know what they say or do. So lets
not give them any more attention. They probably had a hard life and are unhappy
with their own LIFE. Rest in Peace Steve............And God Bless the Erwin Family.

Gramma Boo

The loss of Steve Irwin devastated alot of folks & rightfully so...But it was Bindi that eased the pain more than I can say...Terri Irwin & her children, Steve's parents & all who loved him were devastated too,
but her spirited outpouring of her love for her daddy & the stength she has from being a part of this wonderful family...Steve's not far away & he's so proud of his whole family & their courage through this terri-
ble time I know he's just beaming...as he always did...
I love you all & send all my thoughts & prayers & best
wishes now & forever...God Bless & God Speed...Sincerely
from the bottom of my heart...Gramma Boo...:)(that is my real name...I felt I needed to let you know since it is October & I wanted you to know my thoughts are genu-
ine & so am I)Thank you Father for holding these people
in the palm of your hand & keeping them safe from harm..
in Jesus Name...Amen...

DOMIANO

GONE FOR NOW BUT WE WILL SEE YOU AGAIN
GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY

thepedalshop@aol.com

People like him come once in a lifetime. He was as good as it gets

Tammy

ME AND MY BOYS LOVED THIS WONDERFUL MAN, HE WAS THE BRAVEST PERSON IVE EVER SEEN!! THIS IS STILL A SHOCK TO MY FAMILY.. TERRY YOU HAVE A BEATIFUL FAMILY, KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!! WE LOVE YOU!!

Lisa

It's really too bad that people have to say really cruel things about the dead. It makes me think how they really are the ones who needs our good thoughts. I want to say how great I think the man Steve Irwin was. I am also a member of PETA and although I agree that everyone has to think about our actions toward people and animals, we have to do it with respect for all creatures. Chief Seattle once said, "If all the creatures were gone, man would die of loneliness of spirit-for whatever happens to the beast happens to the man." Steve tried to personify this verse edusating people on wildlife. Steve, I will miss your contagious enthusiasm! May God's Blessings be with your soul, your family, and to your fans who miss you!

Catherine

Steve was a great, great man, who died doing what he loved. If I could go back in time I would, if someone had to die it would be me. I love that dude like he was my own flesh and blood, even though I'm not even related to him. I wanted to take by kids there when I was older, you will always remain in my heart, Steve, I will miss you mate...Terri if your reading, lots f people are counting on you to continue his work!!!
I Love the Irwin Family!!!

angel

to parasite- I can't believe you would be so shallow to come onto this page and say something like that. If you didn't like him, at least be considerate to others who did.
to the Irwin family, I pray for you, terri and bindi and robert. everynight before I goto bed. Let God be with you.
Rest In Peace, our friend....

Debi Englander

I am in shock over Bill Maher's Halloween costume. I think it was the most horrible & insenitive move anybody can do especially a celebrity that is in the news. I wasn't crazy about him before and I certainly don't like him now. I felt so bad for the family. I now we have rights and freedom of speech..............but come on.............people can be so stupid and mean.
Thank you.

crazredneckwoman

It was a terrible tragedy that we lost Steve Irwin, he left us too soon. May he smile down on everybody that loved him, and may those kids grow up knowing how much their daddy loved them and loved what he did.

crazredneckwoman

I cannot believe that there are people on here using this avenue to be so vicious. A man died, whether he deserved it or not, that is for God to decide, not by jerks on here who have nothing better to do than to spend their time online looking for people to bash. Parasite, I am shocked and disgusted by how you are bad mouthing this man. And for you PETA Member... My kids grew up learning about animals and now have a bigger love for animals because of this man. Both of my kids have nothing but the most utmost respect for animals. My youngest daughter is a vegetarian and she loved watching Steve Irwin. It gave her a bigger sense of respect for animals.

Andrea

First off, I would like to say to all the people who came on here badmouthing a legend, especially that parasite, literally, I hope you all die, a lot worse than Steve did... Now, what I came here to say is that Steve can finally rest. He died doing what he loved best, getting too close to one of the animals he dedicated his whole life to protecting. This is my message for Steve in heaven...
I watched your memorial service, and I can honestly say I never cried over someone's death before the way I did over yours. That's how great of a person you were in every way. And what really made me ball my eyes out was at the end of the ceremony, your utility vehicle, packed with camping gear and his favorite surfboard, was driven from the stadium through an honor guard of your crew... And as if that wasn't bad enough for me to watch, I saw your wife speak for the first time on television about all of this. You don't know how bad I mourn for her. I wish you could come back for just one minute to see her and your two kids, rather than meet me, as much as I love you. This terrible, terrible tragedy happened over two months ago, and there hasn't been one day that went by where I haven't thought about you. And I think about you more than once each day. And I never even met you. What's really weird, is that before you died, I never really paid that much attention to you. Now I know for sure that saying is true. "You never know what you got until it's gone."

the woodpecker

Are you robots serious? The f'in Crocodile Gooser?!!!

Andrea