Apologies

To Matt Damon ...

9/15/2006 6:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For reasons we can't explain, yet find completely hysterical, Jimmy Kimmel has made a tradition of closing out episodes of the third season of "Jimmy Kimmel Live" by saying something like, "Apologies to Matt Damon, but we ran out of time" -- when Damon was never scheduled to be on the show.

Well on Wednesday's primetime special, "Jimmy Kimmel Live's All-Star Salute to Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Damon finally got his chance to appear on the show -- only Jimmy's introduction ran a bit long, so Damon was cut short once again.

And as you can see in the clip, Damon (quite the good sport for going along with the joke) didn't take the news too well. Maybe next time, Matt!

Chantalle

Well, if you want my honest to god opinion, Matt should have really seen it coming and decided not to do the show. Also, his reaction was completely immature. He should have just taken the joke and just black listed Jimmy.

Silver

Jimmy is an A$$

That was WAY rude!

Bob

Um...I think Matt was in on the joke. You guys know that, right? It is kind of obvious that Matt is acting.

You're right, I have noticed Jimmy saying it too and it has been funny, but mot of Kimmel's shows are funny.

It also shows what a class act Matt Damon is for going on Kimmel's special.

Bob

"mot of Kimmel's shows are funny" I meant "most of Kimmel's shows are funny"...from his uncle to Sal to Guillermo, love the most unneeded censorship bits, keeps me up way too late.

CoCo

HEY!! isn't that Ben Affleck's ex-boyfriend?

itsnotabout.us

IT WAS A GAG GUYS. Good lord. I can't believe the amount of people who think this is real. Have you seen it on the news??? NO. It was staged. All in fun. Get it?? Matt is an actor, hence the good acting!

Michael

It was hilarious. It was also a joke. And they are both probably still laughing their asses off thinking that people bought it.

Lulu

I heart Jimmy Kimmel....and Matt...actually I love Matt more now....yummy!

candice

Dude, you guys it was a JOKE. Matt was poking fun of himself and the fact that Jimmy Kimmel never has time..duhhhhh

RYAN

What an ass! I can't believe Kimmel did that! I find it hard to believe that Damon would embarass himself like that. I will never watch that show again. Is he that hurting for ratings that he needs to pull a stunt like that. You would not see Leno, Letterman or Conan do that, even it was a joke.

SICK N' TIRED OF HATERZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DEFINATELY THINK THAT THEY WERE KIDDING GUY'S! I LOVE MATT DAMON.............EMILIO ESTEVEZ SHOULD HAVE HAD HIM PLAY BOBBY KENNEDY IN "BOBBY", HE FAVORS HIM A GREAT DEAL.

We, are not amused.

Harry Sez: "Isn't (this) an old bit from "the Larry Sanduers Show where the Late Bruno Kirby was the one getting bumped?" I miss Jimmy and Adam from the piss-yer-pants-funny 'Man Show"

Takeea

I think it was a gag too I thought it was really funny but the ending made me believe that it was a joke

bella

Holy Crap!! I really hope that was a joke and Matt was acting, cuz he looked pissed!!

bella

holy crap!!! I really hope that was a gag, cuz Matt looked PISSED!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments