"Dog" Breaks Ratings Record for A&E

9/21/2006 4:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Duane "Dog: The Family Speaks," an A&E special about the recent arrest and possible extradition of Duane Dog Chapman, was seen by 4.5 million viewers Tuesday night. The show tied the network's previously most-seen program -- a "Dog the Bounty Hunter" special about Chapman's wedding.

The broadcast set the record among viewers 18-49 for the network.

Chapman was arrested last week by U.S. marshals and released on bail. He faces possible extradition stemming from a 2003 case in which Chapman captured fugitive Andrew Luster, who was wanted on rape charges at the time, in Mexico -- where bounty hunting is illegal.

The A&E special included exclusive interview footage of Dog and his wife Beth that was shot just after his release.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Mark Jones

Dog did what out government didn't. Now as a taxpayer and voter I would like to know what is really behind all this. There are many questions that the US Attorney for Hawaii and the DOJ need to answer.

Also, if bounty hunters from Mexico want to come up here and haul back criminals in our country illegally from Mexico I say it is about time!

Brandi

#71 I too am from Huntsville....I pass the accident site almost everyday on Research Blvd. My step daughter also plays softball with the officer's daughter. I am with you to send them back to Mexico.

Karen

Thank you Sunshine, and Chapman Supporter for bringing the "sanity" back to the thread. My god people. I know that you are all as upset as the rest of us, and as far as I know, we are all entitled to our opinions..for the time being.. But nails? And hatred for whoever is handy to blame? This falls square into the hands of two governments, ours and the Mexican government. And of course, our own Condeleeza Rice and I am not sure, but I think Gonzalas(the torture king) ..And infinetely our president, which ironically, it seems that Dog is a supporter of, but that doesnt matter..I just hope that it pans out well for him either way.

IF you care about what is going on with the Chapman family, Tim, (Yes, You keep your head up!) and Leland, the lot of them, follow the links, donate what you can.

As far as us..really..trashing eachother? Urinating on eachother if we were on fire? Holy moly! There are so many other places to go for that. It truly isnt my business, but it's just really messed up when trying to get to the heart of the matter. Or, how the rest of us are feeling.
And as far as Iraq, one would hope that at least half the energy spent here would be spent trying to help our soldiers get home, (the true "support our troops") but again, the wrong forum, dont you think? Let's all try to be good to eachother? Remember the kindness after 9/11? Do we need buildings to fall on our heads to wake the hell up??

Keep your heads up, I dont know if it's God's will, or if there is a God, but I do know that if enough people put their good energy together, something good will come of it. It happens all of the time.

bill

Hey Duane Chapman ( The BADEST Dog around )

bill

Duane Chapman is top DOG dont mess with him or youll get Bit

Ann Prince

I THINK WHAT THE DOG &HIS CREW DONED WAS IS THE RIGHT.THEY TOOKED A VERY SERIOUS CRIMINAL OFF THE STREET.WE SHOULD BE THANKING THEM,NOT GIVING THEM SO MUCH GRIEVE ABOUT PUTTING THAT CREEP BEHIND BARS,WHERE I BELIEVE HE SHOULD SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE THERE.GOD BLESS DOG,AND HIS WHOLE FAMILY.OUR THOUGHTS &PRAYER ARE WITH YA"LL... HANG IN THERE YOU GUYS.WE LOVE YA'LL. KEEP UP THE TERRIFIC WORK.......,,,,,,,,,,

Ann Prince

I'M JUST LETTING DOG&HIS FAMILY KNOW THEY'RE STILL IN MY HOPE&PRAYER!I ALSO WANT THEM TO KNOW ,EVEN IF THAT CREEPS FAMILY IS RICH,MONEY NOT EVERYTHING. THEY GOT MONEY,BUT TO ME YA'LL GOT SOMETHING WAY MORE VALUE THAN MONEY.THATS FAMILY&FRIENDS THAT LOVE YA'LL,WAY MORE THAN THERE MONEY CAN BUY,&MONEY CAN'T BUY GOD NEITHER,&THEY GOING TO FIGURE THAT OUT WHEN IT'S THERE TIME TO LEAVE THIS WORLD!
HANG IN THERE GUYS !!!
WE ARE ALL ON YOUR SIDE!!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,CAUSE NOBODY CAN KEEP THE CREEPS OFF THE STREETS LIKE THE DOG&HIS CREW!!!THANKS,ONE OF YA'LL BIGGEST FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANN PRINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melissa

GO DOG AND HIS TEAM... THEIR GETTING IN TROUBLE FOR DO THE RIGHT THING COME ON USA STICK WITH DOG HES BETTER THAN FBI OR POLICE WILL EVER BE LALALALA ICEHEADS GO BETH I WATCH EVERY SHOW EVEN THE RE-RUNS MELISSA

emma

ii love dog********* hes show is great

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6