Exclusive: Horrifying Death of Reality Star's Baby

9/26/2006 10:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joseph SimmonsA rapper's wife gave birth Thursday, but the scene quickly turned to tragedy after their newborn girl was pronounced dead.

Rev. Run, a.k.a. Joseph Simmons, shocked fans last year when he announced that his wife Justine was pregnant on his MTV reality show "Run's House."

Justine's pregnancy was the cliffhanger on the MTV show last season. It generated intense interest among viewers who have been anxiously following the pregnancy and awaiting the birth.

Simmons, a member of the legendary rap group Run-DMC, was at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ Tuesday for the birth of his child. Doctors delivered the baby via c-section, revealing a cruel twist of fate -- the baby girl was born with organs outside the body. The newborn died a short time later.

TMZ has learned that MTV cameras were inside the hospital at the time of the birth, though we do not know if they were in the delivery room.

lalala

I watch the show too and this is sooo sad - they were so looking forward to that baby!

alison

So sorry for the family's loss. They must be devastated. God Bless the baby, she will always be an angel now with the Lord

Sha

I have cherished the show b/c it shows a positive role model for families today. However, I am deeply saddened and shocked to hear of this devastating news. To the Simmons Family, I am so sorry for your pain. We will all keep you in our prayers! May God bless you through this challenging time!

shatelle dickerson

I am truly sorry for you loss. Even though it may not seem like it but everything happens for a reason and the Lord always has a reason. Be strong and I will be praying for you and your family. God Bless You!!

MICHELLE

I am truly sorry to hear about the loss of your child, that has got to be the most tragifcul even any mother can handle. I send my thoughts and prayers to u and your family GOD BLESS!!

Mia

God Bless their family. I prayed for them as I read this. When all is said and done God is in control and I know the family knows this. I pray that they are able to grieve in private and continue to love and enjoy life!

Shawnee

I am an avid fan of the show. I was probably just as excited as the family when I found out Justine was pregnant! I would never in a million years expect something like that to happen - and i am keeping the family in my heart and mind...definitely...!

and futhermore....
i am pretty sure that they didn't know about the baby's condition before hand - or else the family would have stopped it immediately...and if not - then i am sure they were going to use this to teach some kind of lesson. I wonder if they will air the footage already shot, or if they will continue taping.

Poetic Expression

Wow.. this is very sad! I know how bad Justine wanted another baby especially a little girl. Although I'm surprised that this wasn't detected earlier in the the pregnancy through ultrasound. My prayers go out to Justine and the family. It's hard losing a child and I know that everyone is praying for the family and that they will be able to get past this sad time in their lives. Everything happens for a reason and that baby girl is in heaven with Jesus now.. she didn't have to witness the horrors of this earth.

Jennifer

Truly sad, it is a horrible thing for anyone to go through. Much less in the public eye. My thoughts are with them.

mcarter

I watched the show, and I know how excited the family was about having a new baby. My condolences and prayers go out to the family during this sad time.

crystal

I am so sorry for the lost of the simmons baby.I watch the show and I could not wait to see the little one.My prayers are with them.

K.W.

This is really devestating. I watch every episode of this show and I felt like I was apart of the family. I am truly sorry for your loss but with all the love and support that the Run Family have for each other, I am sure everything will work out fine. Hang in there....Evetything happens for a reason, we may not understand it but God never makes a mistake.

deaf

Dang...I was so happy for Justine and the family... have been down with the Kings since 30 days.. it as if they are an extended part of everyone family because Run is so likeable...

I truly enjoyed the run's house show.. it is reminsce of the Cosby's but deal with real people.

May God continue to bless you and cover you in this trying time in your family.

Is there an address where we can send donations/words of wisdom/consoldences to?

KEISHA SANDERS

MY HEART AND PRAYERS GOES OUT TO THE SIMMONS FAMILY. I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS AND JUST LET GOD HEAL THIS FAMILY.

ktp

Sorry to hear about the lost a still born baby is devastating. I had a miscarriage in the 2 trimester and it was hard to me to get over that. Please pray for their family everyone. Love his family and the show. Also pray for the kids to cope with this. They prpbably was looking forward to having a little sister also.