Angelina Involved in Car Crash

10/12/2006 7:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fact: Angelina Jolie can stop traffic with just one look. Unfortunately, that look was one of shock after the car she was riding in swiped a passing motor biker in India yesterday.

According to the 19-year-old who was struck by Angelina's car, the collision occurred as Jolie's driver desperately tried to avoid a group of swarming photogs. Angelina, however, reportedly remained cool, calm and collected following the accident, reading a book in her dinged-up ride as police investigated the scene. No one involved, including Angelina and the the biker, was seriously injured.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are in Pune, India shooting "A Mighty Heart" about the life of American journalist Daniel Pearl.

Kim

To post #7: your words are in regular type, mine are in CAPS

7. Driving into a motorist to avoid photographers is a bit excessive , isn't it ? THAT DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION - DID A PEDESTRIAN PHOTOG JUMP IN FRONT OF JOLIE'S DRIVER? OR PERHAPS A PHOTOG IN A VEHICLE GOT TOO CLOSE TO HER CAR? I'LL TELL YOU WHY THAT MATTERS......

7.I mean he could have just slowed down and driven in a straight line. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO CONTINUE DRIVING IN A STRAIGHT LINE IF SOMEONE JUMPS IN FRONT OF YOUR CAR. WHEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPENS SO QUICKLY, YOU JUST REACT. IF I WOULD HAVE "JUST SLOWED DOWN," I MIGHT HAVE KILLED A LITTLE KID WHO DARTED INTO MY PATH. IN MY CASE, IT WAS ONLY LUCK THAT THE OTHER CARS ON THE ROAD WERE ABLE TO AVOID GETTING HIT AS I SWERVED INTO THEIR LANES. I THANK GOD THAT NOBODY WAS SERIOUSLY HURT. BUT I'LL TELL YOU - I WASN'T FOCUSING ON AVOIDING OTHER CARS, I ONLY WANTED TO AVOID THE CHILD WHO WAS DIRECTLY IN THE PATH OF MY CAR, AND THE POLICE AND THE OTHER DRIVERS AGREED THAT I DID THE RIGHT THING.

7.So the guy takes a few pictures . What's the big deal.? I think the guy over reacted. What's more important.? Avoiding an accident , or running from a photographer who wants to snap a couple of pictures. I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT THE DRIVER WAS SIMPLY RUNNING FROM A PHOTOGRAPHER. I'M BETTING THAT ANYONE WHO DRIVES FOR JOLIE IS ACCUSTOMED TO BEING FOLLOWED BY AGGRESSIVE PAPPARAZZI. THAT'S WHY I THINK THAT, BY SWERVING, THE DRIVER WAS AVOIDING ONE ACCIDENT - WHICH IN THIS CASE, UNFORTUNATELY RESULTED IN CAUSING ANOTHER. I'LL BET THERE HAVE BEEN MANY MANY TIMES HER DRIVERS HAVE HAD TO SWERVE TO AVOID PAPPARAZZI CRASHES. I THINK THE ACCIDENT HE WAS AVOIDING THIS TIME WAS ONE INVOLVING THE PHOTOGS (PROBABLY ONE WHO DROVE WAY TOO CLOSE TO JOLIE'S CAR). BUT THAT'S ONLY ASSUMING THAT IT WAS HER DRIVER WHO HIT THE BIKER -- IT MAY HAVE BEEN HER SECURITY ESCORT WHO SWERVED TO AVOID GETTING SIDE-SHAVED BY AGGRESSIVELY-DRIVING PAPPARAZZI, OR IT MAY HAVE BEEN A PAPPARAZZI SO FOCUSED ON TAKING PICS THAT HE DIDN'T WATCH FOR OTHER TRAFFIC ON THE ROAD.

7.You always have to think of the consequences when you decide to do something. AH, BUT SOMETIMES, YOU JUST HAVE TO REACT -- THERE'S SIMPLY NO TIME TO THINK (AS WAS THE CASE WHEN THAT LITTLE KID DARTED INTO MY PATH - I'M SURE HIS MOTHER IS THANKING ME FOR NOT STOPPING TO THINK).

7.The worst thing that could happen if he slowed for the photographer.....is the guy gets a picture. YOU'RE JUST ASSUMING THAT THE PHOTOG IS POLITELY ASKING FOR A PIC. IF HE'S JUMPING IN FRONT OF THE CAR TO FORCE IT TO STOP, THERE'S A LOT WORSE THAT COULD HAPPEN. IF HE'S DRIVING HIS CAR TO CLOSE TO OTHER VEHICLES JUST SO HE CAN GET A CLOSE SHOT, THERE'S A LOT WORSE THAT COULD HAPPEN - AND THE BIKER MIGHT STILL GET HIT, OR EVEN KILLED. IN OTHER WORDS, NO MATTER HOW YOU SPIN IT, IT BOILS DOWN TO BEING THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S FAULT.

7. The worst thing that happens if he tries to run....is he KILLS someone by accident. I think he should have gotten his priorities straight. They should have some kind of law that gives boundries for people to follow in this kinds of a situation. THEY DO HAVE LAWS THAT GOVERN TRAFFIC, EVEN IN INDIA. WITHOUT KNOWING THE WHOLE SITUATION, YOU CAN'T SAY WHAT SOMEONE *SHOULD* HAVE DONE. FOR ALL YOU OR I KNOW, JOLIE'S DRIVER OR SECURITY ESCORT DID HAVE HIS PRIORITIES STRAIGHT, AND DID EXACTLY WHAT THE LAW REQUIRED, OR AT LEAST, WAS NOT ACTING OUTSIDE THE LAW. AROUND THE WORLD, TRAFFIC LAWS PROTECT PEDESTRIANS AND BIKERS MORE STRONGLY THAN DRIVERS IN OTHER VEHICLES, BUT SOMETIMES, UNFORTUNATELY, DRIVERS ARE FORCED TO MAKE SUDDEN DECISIONS TO AVOID ONE ACCIDENT EVEN IF THERE'S A POSSIBILITY OF GETTING INTO ANOTHER. MAYBE WE SHOULD TALK MORE ABOUT MAKING DIFFERENT LAWS WHEN SWARMING PHOTOGRAPHERS START RUNNING MORE PEOPLES' CARS OFF THE ROAD.

#7 Posted at 7:00PM on Oct 12th 2006 by this is better than gossip

MINE WAS

Kim

to #71: First, how do you know that they do nothing charitable in the U.S.? just because they choose to use their built-in papparazzi-appeal to focus attention on the rest of the world doesn't mean they do nothing here.

Second, if there are children starving in Los Angeles, for God's sake why aren't the courts removing them from their parents' custody? We have so many food programs that Americans just don't die of starvation unless they're anorexic or refuse to go to the soup kitchens ... or they're completely dependent on abusive/neglectful parents.

Becca

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have no class and are such white trash. Money doesnt buy you class which is clear with these two. I dont care for the both of them and am SICK of them being all over the news. Who cares?!?!!! They should just go off somewhere NEVER to be heard of again. I got it! Bradd go back to Oklahoma and take Angelina with you!!!

vicki

this is a perfect example of why her bodyguard got physical with a photog. they do not understand boundries and accidents such as this happen b/c of their dangerous behaviour.

Vain

Well i'm glad to hear she wasn't hurt cause those babies at home need her!

the wise old owl

Driving into a motorist to avoid photographers is a bit excessive , isn't it ? I mean he could have just slowed down and driven in a straight line.

You always have to think of the consequences when you decide to do something. The worst thing that could happen if he slowed for the photographer.....is the guy gets a picture. The worst thing that happens if he tries to run....is he KILLS someone by accident. I think he should have gotten his priorities straight. They should have some kind of law that gives boundries for people to follow in this kinds of a situation.

sam

I too am glad no one was hurt. And I agree with what "wondering" said practically word for word. And of course #1 is a dumb ass. But I don’t have to tell you that, he did a great job.

sam

Happy everyone is alright. Too bad they didn't run over a photog.

Ok

I've read numerous articles abut this and they all say something different. One says it was Angelina's car, some of the others say it waas the paparazzi car that hit the guy, and another says it was her security teams car.

Whatevah! She looks beautiful in that video just sitting there reading her book.

GrumpyGirl

gee, she didn't even look like she cared - just sitting there reading her book, with a dirty look on her face. good lord. at least show some remorse! she coulda killed someone!!!

Mia

These sort of people have no remorse. They expect everyone to take notice of them and the only reason Angelina donates to charity is for popularity.
It's funny how you hear about famous people passing away then you hear about all the good things they did that you weren't aware about - because they didnt want the publicity. Well Angelina does want the publicity - she wants everyone to think she is F@#$$$$&*& Mother Teresa!!!

kathleen

Driving around over in INDIA--it is a different world over there--You have to be cautious!! Don't even think about driving in China!! I hope that they wrap up filming over there quickly...

the wise old owl

Post #8 petals : In all fairness Angelina Jolie wasn't driving the car. It's evident that she was emmersed in her book and oblivious to what was going on around her. She does this so much it's common place for her.

To think she would should have remorse for something she didn't cause is not rational. Besides no one even got hurt. The driver is the one that reacted without thinking,,,,,,,,, not her.

Ms Kris

What a piece of trash!!!!!

Oh, everyone thinks she is God's gift to the world.

A Liar, twice divorced at age 31, commited adultery (if I spelled that right) won't have anything to do with her father, lied to the world about her relationship with the Arm Pitt, BUT THEN HIRES POND SCUM EMPLOYEES WHO TWICE IN 1 WEEK HAVE HURT INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Hope she is proud of herself!!

vicki

angelina want awareness for the plight of others, she wants the spotlight on people in need. she is in the spotlight so we do know the good she does b/c of that. don't be jealous. you are probably some dumb ass aniston fan who mopes around b/c her ass got dumped. hater.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments