Joy To Mel: "Go to Hell!"

10/12/2006 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Normally on "The View," at least in its current incarnation, it's Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck who take up the extreme positions on any given issue.

But today, it was Joy Behar who took up the fiercest verbal arms -- on the topic of Mel Gibson, no less. At this morning's Hot Topics table, Behar proclaimed, "I can't stand him," and suggested that Barbara Walters do a special called "The Ten People You'll Meet in Hell" featuring the actor, who recounted his DUI arrest and its anti-Semitic aftermath to Diane Sawyer this morning on "Good Morning America."

And she didn't stop there. Behar added that Gibson "needs to be taken out of show business," even simply for being a father of seven children driving drunk with an open bottle of tequila next to him. Oddly, Rosie, while not exactly taking Mel's side, adopted a softer position on the troubled star, saying that stars "are just normal people" and that they have their lapses. Elisabeth and Barbara, for their parts, were generally muted on Mel.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Josh

Joy is not Jewish, but she only dates Jewish guys. Its interesting that Joy has taken on a Jewish last name because she is filled with self-hatred. She is really Italian, and I doubt she would go out of her way to defend catholics if they were insulted in the same way. To me, she seems very hateful and impulsive.

Michael Gluck

Someone ought to stuff a fake penis in Rosies mouth to shut her up.

ed

Why is it that everytime I see someone on the tube who is totally repugnant, and type their name into google, along with jew I get a hit 99% of the time? Just got a hit on Behar the Evil. Ed

miz

Because we all can't be as perfect as Joy...

ROBIN

All of you people that agree with Joy Behar's opinion are irrational, angry, unforgiving people that need to take a good look at your own life before judging others!

Marcia

A Simple Guide for Behavior
"Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbor's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own. Do you have the nerve to say, 'Let me wash your face for you,' when your own face is distorted by contempt? It's this whole traveling road-show mentality all over again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your part. Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face, and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor.
Matthew 7:1-5 The Message Bible

monica

If Behar is Jewish that would explain her attitude. Am I ever fed up of those Jews accusing, talking endlessly about the so-called Holocaust, defending Israel no matter what. Give us a break for Christ's sake, enough is enough

Monica (not Lewinski)

Merlin

Someone needs to duck tape her mouth shut, in fact how about her entire head. Now that would be entertainment.

DJc

I guess it was more offensive to Joy, because she is Jewish. If I were Jewish, It would have offended me. I wouldn't want to be blamed for all the worlds problems just because I am jewish. There are lots of Jews in Hollywood, and I guess each one of them will have to decide whether or not they will forgive Mel. Mel grew up with a father who hated Jews, so even though he was drunk, he very well could have meant what he said. I think forgiveness is a good thing, but if I were Jewish I wouldn't associate with him in business. He's not stable at this point. I think it will take longer than 2 months to prove he is sorry. Actions are louder than words. Lets see what Mel does next.

SICK IGNORANCE

I would like to know what Joy would say if a member of her family made that mistake. He made a mistake and is WELL paying for it. What he did and said wasn't right by no means. But he is getting help and he has said he was very sorry. I have heard some other celebries made racial comments about others and no one made this much stink over it. Black people get callled names all the time. Get over it Joy and FORGIVE. Life goes on till someone else says something stupid. Then you will pick on them.

RebeccaBBBBBBB

joy behar is a bitch.
i dont kno what ppl expect from her.

cant wait for her to make antisemitic rants. lol

swanee

mel is completely crazy here the rant response

Christie

Joy Behar needs to SHUT UP!! She is a complete twit whom no one had ever heard of until she started on "The View". Mel Gibson on the other hand, is an EXTREMELY talented, giving, and (I know this has nothing to do with the topic at hand) gorgeous guy!! Everyone when they drink says stupid things that they may regret later. He made a mistake, he's owning up to it, and people need to look past it and forgive him! I love ya Mel!!

Pieta

I am with Merlin - funny image - double wrap her though. She is a judgmental bitch.

ROBIN

Who cares "LOU" You are disgusting if that is your source of entertainment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments