Robin Williams -- Sadly, a $1 Mil Man

10/16/2006 2:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Williams
Attention Hollywood -- You can get Robin Williams to star in your movie, for cheap!

TMZ has learned the funnyman was paid only $1 million for his starring role in "Man of the Year." The movie, which ranked third in box office this weekend, earned $12.6 million.

Check out this contrast -- Williams reportedly raked a cool $20 mil for "Bicentennial Man," released in 1999.

Williams won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for "Good Will Hunting" in 1997, which could explain the ginormous paycheck for "Bicentennial." But a string of clunkers, including "One Hour Photo" and "Death to Smoochy" hurt Williams' status as an opener.

As for "Man of the Year," industry insiders tell TMZ the $12.6 million weekend take is respectable. So it looks like Robin may not have to take that trip to Target anytime soon.

Laury

Robin is a very talented man, he just doesn't make good choices when it comes to movies. But I'd rather see him star in low budget films with good scripts such as One Hour Photo than in big budget stinkers like RV. Of course, 1 million doesn't seem like much by Hollywood standards, but I'm pretty sure Robin Williams won't be receiving any welfare checks any time soon.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

10 million for what - to make so so movies? Cant justify that paycheck.

A

whatever, he's not funny anymore

Mike

I was an extra for this movie and was blown away on how Robin took the time to actually talk to us like we were real people and not props. His generosity and kindness is well known and should be reflected in his paycheck. He is one of the funniest men alive. Just wished I had a chance to tell him thanks for making the world a better place with all the laughter he's given us.

the wise old owl

You can't stay at the top of your game forever. Nobody continues to make 10 to 20 million for every film they make. Once you make it to the top ....the only place left to go is DOWN. I would say 1 million dollars for 3 months work is good wages. There will come a time where Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Ben Affleck and the rest of them will stop earning those wages too. I don't think Harrison Ford is making the same $$ for his pictures that he did when he 1st started either. With how fickle Hollywood is I am sure that Robin is happy just to be working.

Mohamed

IT SHOULD KEEP THE COKE FLOWING FOR ROBIN, HAHA.

kevin

Who is Robin Williams?

NY

Robin Williams has NEVER been funny to begin with. I say he should definitley be paid scale. Same goes for Jim Carey.

Stephen

Robin Williams is a very good actor who should be revered for his comedic genius. His movies may not be box office smashes every time but he is still one of teh best actors out there. So what if he isn't an action hunk, he is a comedian first and foremost. As for the person who "claims" he was NEVER funny, you must be 15 and still watching Barney and Power Rangers television.

Cathy

I love Robin Williams. His work has made me laugh, cry, think. Even if a movie has flaws his presence in it elevates it to a higher level. I saw Man of the Year this weekend and really enjoyed it. It's not only really funny but brings up some interesting political issues and issues around computer voting.

Get over it

One Hour Photo was a fantastic movie. I also enjoyed Mrs. Doubtfire, Hook, and Bicentennial man. All of those movies were great, but they are also older. I think he should be getting paid around 4-5 million a movie.

lundy

we should all be so lucky.i do not think any star is worth more than 1 million dollars.they are all overpaid!! coal miners and other dangerous jobs-those people should be paid the big bucks.they risk their lives everday!!!!!!
lundy

tya

Scarry, but he looks kinda like G.W. in that pic.

Dave

Like the old saying goes... laughter is the best medicine, and Robin Williams is still one of the best cures for what ail's 'ya! For the people who do not have a recognition of who the man is? and for what he has accomplished and given back to the public in time, as a comedian, and actor on the big screen. I believe its time for "Reality what a Concept" Robin stands among some of the best comedians of our time, George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Jonathan Winters, Bill Cosby to name a few. If you can't find laughter or amusement in something he says or does, then my heart of pity goes out to all, for they may lack the knowledge of... or have been neglected the human trait of a funny bone. Since his early
stand-up comedian days, his character debut into television on Happy Days, then television series of Mork and Mindy, his movie stardom as many different characters, Jack, Toys, Good Will Hunting, etc. Robin Williams was born with a Gift and has shared it with the World, and it respectfully should be returned. As a key actor in a movie he should be paid 5 or plus million, maybe... a little less as a
supporting actor. Hey! we pay much more than that to have a player stand in center-field and not catch a BALL!! You have filled my life with laughter Robin!
Thanks! for all the Good Times... and Never Stop!!
- Dave