Reese and Ryan:

They're No Hasselhoffs

10/31/2006 10:17 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

reeseryan1-1Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe may have parted company, but any bitterness seems to be in check.

TMZ broke the story Monday that the couple is separating and that Reese has already hooked up with prominent celebrity divorce lawyer Robert Kaufmann. Sources tell TMZ that the decision to split was made weeks ago but that their overriding concern before it became public was to protect their two children. Reese and Ryan were all too aware of the media onslaught that would be triggered by the split. One connected source calls their relationship "civilized" at the moment.

No doubt Hollywood took notice of the nuclear divorce between David Hasselhoff and Pamela Bach and the apparent collateral damage it did to their two children. TMZ is told that the problems in the Witherspoon-Phillippe relationship were "cumulative" and that no one incident triggered its demise.

Tom: Women Everywhere Hate You

That wacky ol' Mr. Redstone isn't finished hurling invective at Tom Cruise, and he definitely isn't sorry about his public humiliation of the "Mission: Impossible" star when he booted him and his production company off the Paramount lot this summer. "The explosion was good," says Viacom overlord Sumner to Vanity Fair magazine (via Page Six). "It sent a message to the rest of the world that the time of the big star getting all this money is over." What's more, Redstone says that it was indeed his much-younger wife Paula that got him thinking about giving Cruise the axe. Paula, says Redstone, "like women everywhere, had come to hate him ... He just didn't turn one [woman] off. He turned off all women, and a lot of men." Redstone adds that Cruise probably cost the studio $100 - $150 million because of his couch-jumping antics, and that was just on the third "M:I" alone.

Keira Opens Fire on Lindsay's House

Look out Lindsay! Keira Knightley's going to be pelting your house with machine gun fire and a hand grenade – in your next movie together, that is. Variety reports that the freckled phenom has joined the cast of "The Best Time of Our Lives," the true story of the relationships between Welsh poet Dylan Thomas, his wife Caitlin (played by Lindsay), his childhood friend Vera Phillips (Knightley) and Phillips' eventual husband. The plot centers around an incident in which, like most childhood friends tend to do, Phillips and Killick unloaded on Dylan and Caitlin's house with a machine gun and other weaponry. It's Lohan's next project after "Bobby," which opens this fall, and "Georgia Rule."

Ivanka's New Man? Topher, Not Lance

The suddenly ubiquitous Ivanka Trump has a new guy, and, no, he doesn't ride a bike for a living. Page Six tells us that it's "That '70s Show" star Topher Grace, and that the pair spent Ivanka's 25th birthday at Las Vegas' Pure with the curtains closed around their table for a full half-hour, after canoodling on the balcony during dinner at Social House with friends including Wilmer Valderrama. The newly ensconced couple "never left each other's sides" all night.

Moakler Loses Weight, Not Stretch Marks

Shanna Moakler's going through a lot – an impending divorce from estranged husband Travis Barker, getting booted off "Dancing With The Stars" – but she's still managed to lose most of the baby weight she put on after she had her third child, Alabama, late last year, as Celebrity Baby Blog's Danielle Friedland tells us. She hasn't exactly lost the evidence of her pregnancies entirely, though; she admits that she still has stretch marks, and that those little blemishes as well as her C-section scar are usually airbrushed out of photos. "Our babies are worth it," says Moakler.

Party Favors: Mick Makes Hillary Prez ... Kenny G Best Saxinet-Playing Golfer Ever ... Soderbergh to Make Not One But Two Che Films

Mick Jagger played Bill Clinton's 60th birthday concert at the Beacon Theater Sunday night, and he wasn't shy about poking fun at the former Prez and talking up his wife's political ambitions. "I'd like to welcome President Clinton," said Mick to the crowd, deadpan, according to Rush & Molloy. "And I see she's brought her husband ... Kenny G is the best golfer amongst musicians, says Golf Digest, with his better-than-par handicap. The curly-tressed horn-blower beat out such musical-golfing luminaries as Vince Gill, Bob Dylan (#63 on Golf Digest's list), and, um, Snoop Dogg (#44) ... Oscar-winning director is on board to make a biopic of Latin American revolutionary Che Guevara, says Variety, and he's got so much material apparently that he's going to make two films. Benicio Del Toro will play Guevara.

Susie Bush

Soph, I totally agree with you, noone should talk about something they know NOTHING about, I for one think that if someone suffers from something, and has been medically proven that they suffer from it, then they should take the medication, especially if it could easily put the child/children and or family/person in danger. Scientology isn't even a real religion, it's just a cult that people made up o.O Tom Cruise needs to keep his mouth shut about things he doesn't know about. How would he like it if Katie got PPD? and ended up killing herself/the child?

Rachel

for those who you who agree tom is a washed-up has been check out the website tomcruiseisnuts.com. it will have you in stitches!

Susie Bush

LOL!!!

maya

I never like Reece, the stuck-up little bitch. I bet she was hell to live with.

Cruise is a fag who is using Scientology to try and be straight but I like Kate.

A

If you think TC is a "great actor" then your opinions DON'T EVEN COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maya

Oh, and Moakler is a stinky whore!

Susie Bush

hey Dee? it might help if you spelled the name right if you're going to make fun of someone o.O and maybe be a little LESS childish while doing it. Reese is far fom being stuck up, Ryan looks like one of those richy rich snobs

Sandy

Sumner does'nt speak for me, I can speak for myself. I don't t hate Tom Cruise. I've always liked him as an actor. I still do. I have'nt heard of anyone killing their child because they listened to what Tom Cruise said, so that "What if" does'nt really matter. Unless you've heard of something, if so please share.

gena

Who is "mr Redstone"? Is that stupid olddddddddd man who got a lot of money with Tom's movies? I'm an italian catholic woman (sorry for my english) : I suffered of PPD 6 years ago . My doctor prescribed an antidepressive for me ; I HATE MY DOCTOR, NOW! NO TOM CRUISE! I'm not the same woman and my daughter is an unhappy child with a bad mother .

Rachel

Biba- sounds like you could use a good chuckle. Go to the website I mentioned, might help you lighten up.

Susie Bush

Tom Cruise knows NOTHING!! about PPD, unless there's something he's not telling us? I'm sorry you suffered from it but I'd rather have the medication and my child be alive then not be on the medication and have my child dead, wouldn't you? Tom Cruise just needs to focus on his "acting" career (what's left of it) and not worry about OTHER peoples problems

Ok

Isn't funny how Ryan and Reese waited until after his movie opened? For the children? YEAH RIGGHT! More like for the movie .

Rachel

my point was... I don't know if anyone hurt their child because of what he said but someone with his fame can have a great deal of influence over people, especially if they're vulnerable or depressed. Cruise has stated himself that he would like to see the end of pyschiatry. Is this "actor" the person you would choose to make your mental health-care decisions for you? Do you agree with Cruise that PPD can be treated with vitamins and exercise? He is an actor, period. And he has turned off the majority of the movie-going public with his ridiculous remarks. If you want to continue to see his movies go right ahead, but you might as well hand that money directly to the church of Scientology because that's where it ends up. As for Sumner he is a very shrewd businessman who knows Cruise can't put the asses in the seats anymore so he fired him. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Susie Bush

Sunny, you can't predict when you're going to have a child o.O besides Ryan's movies arn't all that great in the first place

linda dulinsky

i tthink reese and ryan have been apart while living together you at least 2 years. it was no suprise to me. People magazine has been reporting the fueds for about 2 years

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments