Kanye To MTV: You Suck!

11/3/2006 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West was so miffed at not winning the award for Best Video last night at the MTV Europe Music Awards that he stormed the stage and went on a bizarre, expletive-filled tirade to protest.

Even though he'd won the award for Best Hip-Hop Artist earlier in the evening, West jumped out of his seat in Copenhagen when Justice and Simian (no, we haven't heard of them either) won the Best Video prize for "We Are Your Friends," and crashed the award presentation! He told the stunned audience that he should've won for his "Touch The Sky" because it "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it, I was jumping across canyons." And, he added, "If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility."

Elsewhere at the awards, Justin Timberlake, who hosted, won two awards, while the Red Hot Chili Peppers won Best Album.

Mel: I've Got a "Gringo Gut"

Mel Gibson can't handle his booze – and apparently not Mexican food either. He told an audience of Latinos who were actually honoring him for his "Apocalypto" that he has "the gringo gut" and that, during shooting in Mexico, he was "crawling around on [his] hands and knees some days," which, as the AP icily notes, was met with "trails of laughter."

The actor, whose DUI arrest and anti-Semitic tirade will be fictionalized on "Law & Order" tonight, picked up the Chairman's Visionary Award from the Latino Business Association in Beverly Hills. Gibson told the audience that casting unknowns for "Apocalpyto" was like "being at the Super Bowl and getting your quarterback from the audience." He says he cast one actor after seeing him in a juice bar.

For $13 Grand A Month, "SNL" Star Gets Bedbugs for Free

You know that saying about not letting the bedbugs bite? "Saturday Night Live" star Maya Rudolph "Boogie Nights" director Paul Thomas Anderson found out why people say it after their $13,000-a-month Manhattan loft was infested by the tiny creatures. According to a $450,000 lawsuit filed in New York, the couple and their baby moved into the loft last month and immediately found themselves being chewed at night. "The plaintiffs were bitten over portions of their bodies by bedbugs," say the court papers. What's worse, alleges the couple, the elevator in the building was broken so they couldn't escape the infestation easily. The family has moved out -- and have stayed out. The building management had no comment.

Busta Rhymes Busted Again

Yo, Busta: Best not to break the law right in front of the police station. Trouble-prone rapper Busta Rhymes (real name: Trevor Smith) was driving past the Midtown North police precinct in New York last night, reports the New York Daily News, when cops there spotted him talking on his cell phone without a headset while driving, which is a violation of New York state law. The rapper was given a ticket for the offense. In August, Rhymes was charged with assault for allegedly beating up a Bronx man who he says spat on his car.

Party Favors: Cruise's Next Film "Maguire"-Esque ... Streisand Heckler Was – What Else – An Aussie ... Geffen May Have Sold Pollock Dripper for $140 Million

Tom Cruise, newly installed at United Artists, will be making a "dramedy" for UA in the vein of "Jerry Maguire," says FOX News, which adds that MGM has suggested that rather than an action megamovie ... Barbra Streisand's heckler unmasked: The man who threw a drink at Babs during a recent concert was an Aussie with no "political motive or message." Instead, he had just had "one or more too many beers," according to Streisand's flack Dick Guttman (via Page Six). ... Hollywood supermogul David Geffen has sold a famous drip painting by Jackson Pollock for $140 million, believed to be the largest amount ever paid for a painting. Geffen may use the money to buy the Los Angeles Times, says the New York Times.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

trish

Why don't each of us tell eveyone we know not to waste our hard earned dollars on a**holes like him. Do ya'll know how much damage we as a united people could do if we suck together? WOW that would be so AMAZING
There should be no tolerance for artist who think that their form of art is better than someone else's. Prime example: Kanye and that country singer a few years back. Besides Kanye is not even original, isn't he known better as the SAMPLE KING!!!

Couldn't believe it

I think that people like Kanye West are the ones that give the decent black people or African Americans or whatever the politically correct term is now, a bad name. All the white people that aren't around decent black people think that they all act like him. He is such a racist it's sickening. What I want to know is, Did he even vote at election time or is he just one of those people that wants to cry about what's going on in this country but not get off his butt and vote. As far as the award goes. He has probably lost alot of his fan base after the slam on the President. I don't agree with everything Bush has done and I sure don't like the fact that Americans are dying in Iraq but I will support them through it all. And that is what any REAL AMERICAN would do.

Danny JG

For Freddy Jr. #12, #32.....I found a website, "God Hates Ignorant Bottom-Feeder Trailer Trash A**holes". com.....and guess what ??? It's all devoted to you & the rest of your A**hole Clan...Next time you show your low-life selves in public, there is a plan to hit you all with high-powered hoses blasting out raw sewerage....ALL the SH*T you deserve, RIGHT BACK AT YOU.......see you in the "news"....( you'll have to get someone to read this to you, you know what I mean)

Caroline

Hey nuggy-
The government has a RESPONSIBILITY to HELP people rebuild their homes. I never once said they were responsible for private property. But there are departments in place that are funded by taxes that are there for just that purpose. I guess the government and President can just turn their heads away if people in this country are left homeless and hurt from a natural disaster? I think you'd be singing a different tune if it was YOUR property.

lenagirl!!

kanye ur giving black rappers a bad name!!!! stop the ghetto sh*t!!!!!

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Well, I used to respect Kanye, but DAY-UMN ... WTF?

nuggyt

Caroline
Those homes are private property. As I said the govt DOES help but not required. I live in earthquake country myself. If my home is destroyed I surely aint gonna wait for Uncel Sam to help me. Yes, the govt CAN turn it's head. It's up to people to house themselves not Uncle Sam.

Cindy

Hey Freddie, Post #32

In your rant, you forget THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY! Oh damn, I forgot, they are a cult, kinda like yours.

Keep talking though because I love it when people like you show their stupidity.

You are an IDIOT!!!

Brittany

I am so sick and tired of this NO bull. I live in Florida and a few years back we were hit by 5 hurricanes and in total had more damage and death then NO. You never heard everyone crying and whining like in NO. The first response comes from the local and state government, the national government does not get involved unless asked. So if you want to point fingers, point fingers at Mayor Nagin and his staff for not properly evacuating the residents of NO. Everytime I hear people blaming national government I just laugh and think those poor little uninformed people. It was a an act of God, a horrible event, but it's not like we didn't know it was coming DAYS and DAYS before it came and the Mayor really should have evacuated more people instead of trying to play the race card.

Cindy

Ellis, I would give you an "award" for that!

Sand In My Crack

Ellis, I think I love you.... :)

in the know

Kanye you idiot, thats what you get for spending a million on a video which was all about you and your ego, when you profess your love for Jesus and how he guides you each day to be a better person. Apparently he has not guided you to donate your million to feed half a third world country for a year. At least you would have won the approval of thousands of hungry families and possibly the approval of jesus himself!!!!!!!!! That has to be better than a stupid statue anyday.

in the know

Please Freddy jr this not a religious or bible thumping website, stop tying up the space with BS. This is a website for postings about celebrities...you must have gotten kicked off your normal website or just got lost.

SMASH

what bible comment did kanye make??? i havent even heard about that one.....

E-BOMB of OZ

FREDDY JR--

You're aiming for some kind of "shtick" genre Sasha B. Cohen, right?

RIGHT?