Doogie:

The Doctor is Out!

11/4/2006 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DoogieConfronting rumors that have been swirling for weeks, Neil Patrick Harris -- aka Doogie Howser, MD -- says he's gay, in an interview with People magazine. Rumors about Harris' sexuality have been circulating with some frequency (and especially stridently on PerezHilton.com), and he -- like 'N' Sync-er Lance Bass -- thought it was time to address them.

"Rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," he says. Harris has kept a relatively low profile over the years. "The public eye has always been kind to me, and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life," he admits. "Now it seems there is ... interest in my private life and relationships."

Oh, Really? Sir Paul Wants "Dignified" Divorce

In his first interview since he and estranged wife Heather Mills announced their intention to divorce in May, Paul McCartney says he hopes a "certain dignity" will be maintained throughout the divorce. "I don't hold grudges against anyone. I don't blame anyone for the sadnesses that have happened to me," he tells BBC radio. "Even through difficult moments, I like to try and look to the other side and think there'll come a time when I'll feel better." The former Beatles' lawyer said last month that the musician was ready to defend himself in court against recent accusations that he abused Mills.

Russell Crows About Injustice

Russell Crowe thinks Americans are overreacting to his phone-throwing tantrum at a New York hotel last year. He calls the assault charge stemming from the incident a misuse of the legal system, according to People. "Where I come from, a confrontation like that, as basic and simple as that, would have been satisfied with a handshake and an apology," he says. He says he regrets the incident and blames it on his notoriously bad temper, which he tells "60 Minutes" on Sunday is a hereditary thing -- and not necessarily a bad thing, because, according to Crowe, it'll catch up with you one day on the street, "and you'll pop."

Party Favors: Double O Diddy?...Chelsea Clinton Climbs The Corporate Ladder...York Duchess Launches New Jewelry Line

Sean "Diddy" Combs wants to be the first black James Bond. During the MTV Europe Awards (where he's pictured, left, with current Bond Daniel Craig), the rapper proclaimed that "one day the time will come for a black Bond, and hopefully I can audition for it. It's a dream of mine to play a great role like that."... Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton has accepted a job with New York-based hedge fund Avenue Capitol Group ... Britain's Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, launched her first jewelry collection featuring Moissanite rings, necklaces and earrings. A portion of the money will be donated to her foundation, which benefits poor chilcren around the world.

Wicked

Chelsea Clinton is butt ugly. I don't know what the 'smokin' comment from the poster above says...but he must be smokin' something when he types those comments.

Mad Balls

Yes P. Diddy you would make a great Bond cause THEANUSGUY says so
And I will be your " Bond girl " cause I love " Bonding " with men
Have a bone to chew on ? visit THEANUSGUY.com

Smart,Handsome and well endowed

#17 Erica

"You ignorant Slut"

Chelsea Clinton used to have a face only a mother could love but she has grown to become a major piece of ass, you my beauty challenged friend look like the brown applesauce that sinks to the bottom of the toilet bowl after my famous Firehouse Chilli.

kaz

Doogie Houser handled his coming out with dignity and courage. Maybe HE should be the next James Bond; it wouldn't be the first time a gay man played such a macho role. and it is always a good thing to have the truth on the table. If every gay man and lesbian came out of the closet society would have admit "we are everywhere."
As for Russell Crowe, he maligns his compatriots by claiming that assault and abuse are so common Down Under that his violent, premediitated tantrum would have gone unnoticed. Really Russell ... it's time for anger management 101. And,in the future please unleash your hissy fits alone in a padded room.

kaz

Dear Perez Hilton,
Please do us all a favor and push Tom Cruise out of the closet while you're at it.

kaz

Chellsea Clinton has grown into her own and she deserves to be taken seriously enough to be left alone. I wish her and her family well.

kaz

kaz

Is it my imagination or does Doogie suddenly look devilsihly gay? Who took this photo anyway? A picture is worh a thousand words, etc etc etc.

jennifer

I really wish people in this country (USA) would stop being so homophobic. How is Neil's (or anyone else's for that matter) being gay affecting anyone's life but his own? I think what homophobes need is to have a child of their own, or someone they really care about "come out", and then maybe they'll realize how incredibly cruel it is to be so judgmental. And no, I am not gay, I'm married with two children. I've just learned to live and let live.

Kevin Keckeisen

That Mitchell Anderson from Doogie Howser, M.D. also came out of the closet a decade ago. I wonder if they ever fooled around w/ that Vinnie guy. hehe

Wicked

#22 you dumb ass
it is not Mitchell Anderson...it is Anderson Cooper
Stupid sh*t

Kacee

I don't care whether he's gay or not. But Perez needs to stop acting like he's the hottest thing in the world and outing people. Until he brought it up, I had never thought old Doogie was gay. He the one who needs to have respect for gays - let them come out if they want, but stop harrassing them and forcing them out.

Lenn K

First, who really cares if Doo Doo Howser is gay other than Rosie. Just keep it to yourself like Jodie Foster has. As far James Bond, It has sucked since the true James Bond left back in the 70's and thats Sean Connery. Sean Coombs wouldn't make a differents, although he makes me upchuck. Now Chelsea Clinton, I remember Chelsea looking like her fat thighed mother unless she has had a face transplant. By the way Jennifer, people are not homaphonic they just don't like the act, you know. It this God thing we were taught. I could be wrong, but I not.

SP

I agree with Crowe 100%. In this country we want to sue everybody for every little thing. Even in school if a kid gets into a fight they are suspended, sent to counceling , charged with a crime , and sometimes sued. Things used to be if you got into fight you were punished to a point and told to shake hands and move on. I think in a lot of cases people try to get others into a position so they do go off and can sue them. I do not approve of his action and attitude , but I think it was not as big a deal as if he beat the crap out of someone. We are such a politically correct country now it is makes me sick. And it is a lot better than holding it all in until you go into a school, busines or other place and start shooting innocent people. Maybe we all need to throw a phone every now and then to release all the stress build up in our lives.

Nathan Burnbaum

Diddy how about showing some CHOPS/STREET CRED as a RAP artist first.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments