Man Busted

After Allegedly Threatening to Kill Duff

11/5/2006 9:14 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

hilary_duff_stalker-1Hilary Duff's alleged 18-year-old stalker has been arrested and sources tell TMZ the bust occurred after the man threatened to kill Duff this weekend.

Manhattan Beach cops arrested Maksim Miakovsky, an 18-year-old Russian emigre, at a Residence Inn last Friday. He was booked on charges of making criminal threats and stalking.

TMZ first reported last month that Duff and her boyfriend, Joel Madden, were terrified that Miakovsky would do harm to them. Duff and Madden asked for a restraining order, alleging that MiakovskyStalker gallery: click to launch "has stated his intention of 'removing' his 'enemies' (i.e., those who prevent him from being with her), has stated his intention of purchasing a weapon, and has threatened to kill himself and to engage in dramatic actions to get her attention."

Sources tell TMZ that last Friday, a private investigator from Sunset Protective Services contacted Miakovsky at the Residence Inn and Miakovsky stated his intention of killing Duff on Sunday at an event she was scheduled to attend.

According to legal papers filed by Duff, Miakovsky came to the U.S. "for the sole purpose of meeting and becoming romantically involved with Ms. Duff."

Miakovsky is currently being held on $200,000 bail at the Manhattan Beach jail. He's scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday.

Christine

Hey, #3! Forty-one years ago my husband took me to White Castle on our first date. (Burgers were 12 cents each back then.) We're still together and we still love our White Castles!

Sadilicious

#12..JdJ.... how can someone with a heart say some foolish sh*t like this?
Don't u have any sisters, aunts, a mother, niece(s), a girl friend let alone a daughter?
I believe that the celebrities are humans just as we are, true sometimes they make the worst decisions and most rediculous mistakes but that doesn't mean we should want them dead. You just made me realize something. I think u grew up Hilary and now she's making much more money than u are and that's killing u inside, so u figure if she's dead then u'd have one less person to think of being compared to u.

Mary

I feel very sorry for her, it must be so frightening! Have you all forgotten poor Rebecca? She was a teenage star, minding her own business and just beginning to enjoy stardom when a stalker brutally murdered her. It was for her that stalking laws were created.

I agree that these guys are uncurable. They never stop. If not her, he'll find someone else to obsess over. He should be institutionalized for life, but unfortunately, our legal system worries more about the rights of the criminal, than about the rights of the victim, so that would never happen. Hillary should hire a good bodyguard, one that is licensed to carry and use a weapon. She has my prayers.

CatnipASAP

I Hope he is deported immediatly. Also,they should put him on the watch list of people not allowed in this Country. Hilary or anybody for that matter should not have to live in fear of there life. This man should be in an institution.

LongJohn69

What does "Whore-lary" expect.? She sluts up her image bigtime and then wonders why weirdos want to fill every cavity she has worse than a crazed dentist. C'mon girlfriend, don't advertise if you ain't selling anything.

Katrena

The court system is a joke they will let this idiot back out and he will be free to pursue her. My three year old son was enticed by a woman to go outside by grabbing his bubbles and saying lets go outside and blow them. I was in the hospital we had just had our third child by way of a C-Section and my husband had taken them to a family birthday party. My husband caughter her before she got out the door with him but the courts they gave her two years probation told her to pay a 300.00 fine then suspended that. The great USA and it is something when the perpetrator is smarter than the judge and prosecutor of the case almost makes you glad to live here in the US huh.

hate the lips

This one is easy. Just deport him. Duh.

JM

From Russia with Love...

Pete

This is the usual hollywierd stunt to get publicity..........she's done 0 lately anyway, and a little press will keep her in the limelight.

Chrissy

Some people are fucking ignorant, Hilary could of seriously of got hurt and you have the nerve to sit here and make jokes and say to bad they caught him ,WTF is wrong with you people?? I am so fucking sick of the people in this world, more then half of of them are ignorant and cold hearted bastards who are so pathetic they think it is funny or when someone's life is threatened well lets see how fast your idiot asses laugh when your the ones being stalked and threaten.

I am not even a fan of Hilary but by what I have seen she is a very decent girl I mean she is what, 18 or 19 and has yet to strip her clothes off for publicity. More then half these idiot females who reach 18 immediately take their clothes off and some even before 18, look at Lindsay Lohan. She did not wait a second after turning 19 to start getting half naked in her videos and same goes for Jessica Biel, as soon as she hit 18 she did Playboy.

Hilary is one of the very few stars left that is actually a good role model for children. You people need to grow the hell up and start respecting people and acting mature, if you can not do that then do not post. THAT SIMPLE or are you to stupid that you can not even control yourself, I get so sick of kids using the net sometimes and I know it is kids making the ignorant comments because no adult would be so self centered and be suck a dick. It is sad that so many kids have to be looked down upon on the net because they have several kids doing bad things and people assume every kid on the net is a ignorant idiot because of the ones being bad.

Eric R. Luna

Restraining orders do nothing - if someone wants to hurt you they will, then when the police show up it will only mean an added bit of time on a sentence. But if you are dead that will mean nothing to you...

Get a gun and LEARN how to use it... Take garbage like this out of the gene pool and send a clear message that you will NOT be victimized. then people will think twice about stalking.

Eric R. Luna

david jenkins

HILARY SHOULDN'T HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO HER BUT MAYBE SHE BROUGHT IT ON HERSELF BY TALKING TO JOEL HE IS SO MUCH OLDER THAN SHE IS MAYBE JOEL SET THE WHOLE THING UP MAYBE HE PAID THE MAN TO STALK HILARY AND TO THREATEN HIMSELF JUST TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD

SaintX

A case of sell-ebrity obsession and stalkarazzi and the vaste wasteland of television , where attractiveness goes a long way .

It's a long way to the top if you want to rock 'n'roll

ChickEpoo

Well......as one who has had her own personal stalker/harrasser for the past
4 years......I can say with experience that the court systems and judges are
much more protective of 'celebrities' than they are "Jane Doe". The laws do
not protect me on my jobsite. Some judges are CLUELESS as to the total
consequences of being stalked/harrassed. The last 4 years have cost me my
health, my job and I am hanging onto this house for dear life til I can sell it
and MOVE AWAY !!!!!!!!!!! I am tired of looking over my shoulder when I get out
on the road to see who is coming up behind me (we only have one road in and
one road out around here....so there is NO way to lose him).......I am tired of
scanning parking lots of small places to make sure he is not there before I pull
in, but I can guarantee you that if he sees my car in a lot, he will whip right in.
I pretty much hide at my house which is fortunately way way back in the woods.
He is afraid of me back here. I am legally allowed to defend myself by whatever
force necessary and I WILL. And he knows this. I am safe here. If I go out
and run into him there is an absolute probability of a confrontation and I try to
avoid that at all costs. But alas......I am not a celebrity, so I don't get the perks of
being one and that INCLUDES being protected from stalkers. Any directors or
writers out there feel free to contact me and I will tell you of some of the most
idiotic legal crap I have ever seen......and I used to work in law enforcement and
have NEVER seen anything like this......and hope to never again.

anna

I don't have any personal feelings for or against Hillary Duff, however the person making the comment in respect to ridding society of Hillary Duff referring to her as "this nuisance to society," might want to do society a favor by seeking professional assistance.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments