No Faith in Underwood

11/7/2006 1:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Pitchy" Carrie Underwood better watch her twangin' back.

At last night's Country Music Awards, the "American Idol" warbler took home Female Vocalist of the Year -- and nobody was apparently more shocked than fellow nominee Faith Hill, who was shown waiting backstage when the announcement was made; looking angry and yelling "WHAT?!" into the camera before storming off!

Her manager claims she was just joking around. In a statement, Miss Hill tells TMZ, "The idea that I would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me. For this to become a focus of attention given the talent gathered is utterly ridiculous. Carrie is a talented and deserving Female Vocalist of The Year." Ain't she country?!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Penelope

It is said that Faith Hill (she got that last name from her first husband Dan Hill, married 6 years but she pretends that never happened) had an affair with the very married Alan Jackson, father of 3 young girls. I wonder how Mrs. Alan Jackson felt about that? Probably as good as Carried Underwood did, when she was crapped on by the phony Mrs. Hill, with her phony last name, left over from a previous husband she wont admit existed.

Duncan Macleod

I think that faith hill showed her true colors , she is self centered and no better than kelley rippa,low life bitch, I am no longer her fan..

Georgia Peach

David - you are a complete embicile if you think for a moment that Faith's reaction was a "joke". First, she is NOT that great an actress that she is able to pretend that well. And to the idiot who keeps using her joking around with Tim as a comparison - get real you fool!!! Joking with your husband is one thing, but her reaction was about someone she does not even know. Not a joke, just poor sportsmanship and poor taste. She acted like a two year old having a fit, and deserves to be treated as such.

Elusive

I've always loved Faith Hill...but she made me lose at little of what I think of her. If that was a joke, it was a very bad one. And Le Ann Rimes should keep her mouth shut...she has no business saying that Carrie has not "paid her dues", if I remember right, LeAnn was about 14 when she hit it big with "Blue"...(and she didn't have to work her way up competing against anyone to win)......go figure!

libby

FAITH HILL STOP INSULTING AMERICA'S INTELLIGENCE, YOU WERE PISSED, WHY DON'T YOU WOMAN UP AND APOLOGISE, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TIM MGRAW MARRIED A COWARD. CALLING WHAT YOU DID A JOKE, INSULTS US AND SNUBBS CARRIE. YOU WERE UPSET I DON'T DISAGREE WHY EITHER, BUT YOU ACTED LIKE A TODDLER, ADMIT IT ,APOLOGISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebony

If that was a joke she should be doing more then bit parts in Stepford Wives!

get a life people

Leave it up to somebody to try and make something out of nothing...Faith Hill knew the camera was on her...Do you really think she meant something by what she did...

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Faith's a nut. Go, Carrie!

SICK IGNORANCE

Faith Hill forgot she was on camera. She meant it! I can understand why. Carrie Underwood is pitiful. But I really don't listen to country music.

Jay

She was joking. Must be a slow news day.

Ebony

Yes I actually do. It's natural human reaction. As she's walking off, you can actually see her start to say oh as in 'oh shit'! It was an accident, she should just fess up instead of saying that it was just a joke.

Maddie

Well, I can understand "if" Faith Hill was upset.. Faith knows that she and all the other singers "except Carrie" had to come up the ladder the long hard way and it took them all many, many years of hard work and singing all over the world to get to where they are now and then Miss Carrie goes on Idol and basically "cheats" and gets pushed up the ladder in one year, I'd be irritated too, I bet Faith just wishes one of the other gal singers would have won as they have been doing this far more longer and working far longer and harder than Carrie OR it was that she was aware she was on camera and thought she would act silly.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Sorry, but talent is talent -- you don't win the CMA award without having it.

Pieta

Bitch!

Ebony

So when Leann Rimes won best new artist when she was like 13 she was cheating? I'm not a country music fan myself, but you're going to have to come up with something a little better then that.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments