Ed Bradley Dies of Leukemia

11/9/2006 2:21 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary CBS newsman Ed Bradley passed away earlier this morning at the age of 65.

Sources connected with CBS tell TMZ that several days ago, as a result of leukemia, doctors removed Bradley's spleen and subsequently his body shut down.

Bradley, who won 19 Emmys during his 25-year stint with "60 Minutes," had been ill for some time and underwent heart surgery about a year ago.

Bradley first joined the staff of "60 Minutes" in 1981 when Dan Rather left to replace Walter Cronkite as the anchor of the "CBS Morning News."

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Ed Bradley was a class act -- a true gentleman.

MommaT

To Post #45, well said. I apologize for my outburst (post #40). I totally understand where you are coming from and what you said.
After awhile, it gets really really old having to "explain" that family.
Sorry........... :(

gustavia

Please correct the story - I am assuming this was written by the staff of TMZ:

Neither Rather or Cronkite anchored the MORNING news.

mary poppins

It is nice to see something in here about a decent man, instead of reading who is partying, divorcing, or feuding. Oh, I'm sure the next story might be one of these..

To Freddie, all I can say is keep reading and meditating on Gods Word, and stop harassing people on the net.

BC

Bless Ed & his family--I stopped watching 60 Minutes a long time ago but always thought he was the most dignified & best of the bunch. What a loss all the way around.

Celia

I have grown up learning about the worlds events from Mr. Bradley. The world has lost a truly good man and my heart felt sympathy goes out to his colleagues and most of all his family-God Bless!

Wicked

#49

knockers that has to be you.

OT

Rachel

ANYONE FILING FRIVOLOUS LITIGATION AGAINST WBC WILL BE NAMED IN A LAWSUIT FOR VIOLATIONS OF CIVIL RIGHTS INCLUDING THEIR ATTORNEYS AND ALL MEMBERS INVOLVED!!!

Please stop flattering yourselves, nobody cares enough about you to sue. Now go suck your daddy's dick.

Chris Jacobson

He will be missed.

Oscar Dahl, BuddyTV

Ed Bradley was one of the gerat ones. He was always my favorite on 60 Minutes. We're all going to miss him.

TRW

I as well thought he was one cool brotha! He exemplified professionalism and integrity. I will find it hard to be able to watch 60 minutes with his passing. May God be with his family and colleagues. You never know the day nor the hour, "Be Ye Always Ready."

lynnz

Godspeed, Mr. Bradley. One of the most compassionate journalists our country has ever been blessed with.

Trinity

.....gone too soon....RIP Mr. Bradley...

kadengirl

He was the best -I watched him all my life. I will miss him.

Gina G.

Ed Bradley was a great man and a great human being. He broke down racial barriers and was a role model for the human race. He was the first black White House correspondent and he won 19 emmys in his 25 years on 60 minutes. God Bless his family.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments