"Lost" Diary: I Do

11/9/2006 2:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Welcome back to another edition of the "Lost" Diary. Tonight is the final episode of 2006 and everyone has their "this better be good" face on tonight. Thirteen weeks is a long time between episodes!

Wednesday night also happened to be the same night as TMZ's one-year anniversary party, so I am writing this slightly hungover on Thursday morning, and I didn't watch it with my usual posse. And that kinda sucks. If the "Lost" Diary is about anything, it's about watching this show with your peeps. "Lost" isn't my favorite show, but it's my favorite show to watch. I hope some of you out there have started your own "Lost" night with your friends. Good times.

Enough with the sentimental BS, on with the show!!!

10:00 -- Kate flashback time, and I can't say I'm excited that it's her turn tonight. So she was going to marry a cop, huh? Odds he survives the episode? -- I'm at 50/50 right from the get-go.

10:02 -- Henry Gale flashed Jack the weirdest little half-smile I have seen from him -- a sign of worry, almost.

10:03 -- "I didn't say I was going to do it; I just wanted you to understand how you're going to die." -- Jack. His brain is fried. Would you want him operating on your spine at this point?

10:04 -- "At least you won't have to be disappointed for very long." -- Jack. One word: Ha!

10:08 -- Two things about the Kate/Monica flashback; first, the cop looks like Jason Bateman. Second, when Kate said she had to hold her breath to get into her dress, I'm guessing that every woman watching the show threw something at the screen and muttered something like, "Yeah right! What is she, a size two?"

10:10 -- A moment of silence for Eko. "What happened to him?" chimes in the new girl. For the love of the hatch, please make her shut up!!!

10:11 -- "I believe Eko died for a reason." -- Locke. Me too, my man. Me too.

10:12 -- Did Alex just attempt to break out Kate and Sawyer with a slingshot? Who is she, Dennis the Menace? And when Alex yelled out, "They're gonna kill your boyfriend," to whom was she referring?

10:16 -- Juliet vs Kate, the tale of the tape. I'll give Kate the hotness victory, but Juliet is far more conniving -- which I kinda dig -- and that's saying something. If it came down to a one-on-one fight, I think Juliet would find a way to pull it out. Not that I am suggesting some kind of wrestling match. Do they even have hot oil on the island? I'm just distracted now. So, they're gonna kill Sawyer...

10:18 -- Someone interesting better be at this wedding, otherwise, I do not get these flashbacks at all. Did she just marry Henry Gale's kid or something? It better be good.

10:20 -- "I'll give you some privacy." -- Juliet. No you won't. Stop lying.

10:21 -- Jack and Kate reunited. If Henry Gale's goal was to make Jack want to save his life, he's done the EXACT OPPOSITE. Jack would kill Henry if he had the chance. The way things are moving here, I have a minor prediction (which will, of course, be wrong): the episode ends with Jack saying something like "Scalpel" as he begins the operation.

10:28 -- Kate's calling the Marshall who is chasing her. It's all very "Out of Sight." And boring.

10:30 -- Not that I think they're going to kill Sawyer, but if they did, would every woman stop watching? Just asking.

10:31 -- "Lift up your eyes and look north." -- Eko's stick. Mildly cryptic.

10:32 -- "Because I wanted you to believe we had a damn chance." -- Sawyer. The Others succeeded in breaking these two, that's for sure.

10:34 -- Time for a little cage lovin'. Sweaty, dirty cage lovin'. Sorry, I'll be quiet.

10:40 -- Two tickets to Costa Rica, huh? Something tells me Kate/Monica isn't too keen on leaving the country. Seriously, the payoff on these flashbacks better be good.

10:42 -- Sawyer is a cuddler -- would not have guessed that. "I love you, too." -- Sawyer. The collective "awwwwwwww" from every woman in America must have been deafening.

10:44 -- Who let Jack out of his cage?

10:45 -- "Tomorrow." -- Jack. Dr. Shephard is gonna operate, y'all.

10:50 -- Kate's never actually seen Henry Gale, has she? (Ed.'s note: Of course she has, the damn breakfast on the beach! I am an idiot).

10:51 -- Kate/Monica confession time. Giving back the locket was a nice touch.

10:53 -- I haven't been this excited for a spinal surgery in an underground bunker on a hidden island in the middle of nowhere in my entire life. Ever.

10:54 -- "Whatever happens, everything will very different, won't it?" -- Henry Gale. If he dies, so help me ABC, you will feel my wrath. Wait, they took Alex "home last night" -- what does that mean? Why is he asking about her? Did Henry Gale and Rousseau get it on? Oh, and I was almost right about the scalpel thing. Damn. Half credit at least, right?

10:55 -- "Shephard wasn't even on Jacob's list." -- Pickett. Am I blanking here? Who is Jacob?

10:56 -- Jack is making his play. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

10:57 -- Is Kate playing Sawyer and Jack on behalf of the Others? It's all just a little too convenient. I don't know, maybe I am talking out of my backside here. I have had people tell me they think Kate is an Other and I don't buy it for a second, but now, I don't know.

10:59 -- "Kate damn it, run!" -- Jack.

Time to figure out what we learned here...

Kate doesn't like running... Um, I'm blanking here... Wow, this isn't good... Think McFly... Damn!!!!

These six episodes of "Lost" have been like a lapdance (or so I've heard). I have paid (with time, not dollars) for the privilege of being teased. Instead of lasting one song (unless I have a coupon, or it's a Tuesday afternoon -- wait Mom, don't read that) this teasing has lasted for six weeks. And much like a lapdance, there has been no real payoff.

Look, "Lost" can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that would make me stop watching. If the entire show were acted out with puppets, I'd watch. Actually, that would be awesome.

Anyway, I've invested over two years of my life into this show, and like it or not, I am seeing this thing through to the end. I give tonight's episode a D -- horrible flashback, no payoff on anything... nothing happened. Luckily, I got drunk last night, so there's always that.

Question of the week: "Lost" returns in February... will you be back? You know my answer. See you in 13 weeks!

Bo

The story Jack told Kate on the beach was about Fear. About how he was operating and made a mistake, he would only let fear control him for 5 (10?) seconds. He counted down, then fixed his mistake and saved the patient. Kate did the countdown thing when her, Jack and the Heroin Hobbit were being chased by ________. I believe that is the story Jack is referring too.

I agree with the D- rating, quite a let down for the "fall finale". But I will be back glued to the tube on Wednesday night in February. What did we really learn? Not a whole lot, Alex/Karl was hinted at already when she asked Kate about him. Lame flashback, not alot of plot movement, and now we have to wait a few months until the next episode.

Michelle LL

No, I'm not wasting me time on this show anymore.

LisaL

I actually really liked this episode besides the Kate flashback.
Seriously.. was there any point whatsoever to her flashback other than to show that she's the little lieing bitch we've all come to hate (or love if you're weird :P heh).
I just can't stand her anymore so was very disappointed when it ended up being her pointless boring flashback.

They better pick it up in Feb though. This season has been a bit dull compared to the others. If they wanna keep people watching the next season, they need to pick up the pace a little.

pixiebdg

I give it a D as well...they packed an hours worth of show into basically 3 minutes of secrets...secrets that I could have lived without knowing. Blah blah blah.

just sayin is all

what was up with new-guys weird looking scruffy beard? its like they were trying to make him look haggard and burnt out like the rest of them, but it just looked like some hipster trying to look hard-core. Those new people need to go! just think of all the current characters with storylines just dangling there, half-finished!!! and then to add more, completely-uninteresting people? ugh. and I TOTALLY agree with your statement from last week about their voices. Especially the girl. she talks like she just arrived there via private jet. Boo Newbies!!!

Brando

I think that Ben maybe took Alex to raise as his own. Russo said they came in the night and took the baby. I doubt that Alex knows that he mom is still running around on the island. She has probably been lead to believe that Ben is her .

DMHess

I really liked the episode. We're upset we have to wait until February, but we know we will be right there in front of the TV when it comes back on. Love the connection between Sawyer, Kate and Jack. I'm still sure that Kate isn't sure if it is Jack or Sawyer that she really wants. By the way - Sawyer's headaches were caused by him needing reading glasses..... And it will be interesting to see if Kate and Sawyer go get off the island, as it isn't the original island they were on in the first place, but of course, Jack doesn't know that, but Sawyer and Kate do.....

jfp

Ok.....I thought that it was really a bad idea and very deceiving for kirstie to come out in that size 14 bikini and tell us she lost a quarter of a ton. There is just no way she is convincing me she has lost anything...except me..she has lost me for sure. Lying bitch.

oh wait.....wrong post....let me start over.
There is no way that crook Corker could have beat out the cool young guy that actually likes football&women instead of young boys. I mean the guy is known for stealing billions from the State and his daughters are lesbians. There were thousands of reports of their voter fraud in a state that has always been democratic up until the Bush's came to power??? I'm lost and confused and.....

oh...wait.....Lost the TV show......oh..program about confusing flashbacks and twisting realities. Wow, don't see alot of that.. ok....yeah, I'm lost.

emily

I will keep watching Lost... Only because I have invested so much time in it. I need answers. We better get answers! Time to kill off the newbies and throw in Kate. I'm so sick of her character and her chicklet teeth! And can they actually surprise us and kill someone off without giving everything away in the previews?

jess

The person who let Jack out was Alex- well, it was her voice, anyway.

This episode definitely upped my confusion level-
Where the crap are Sun and Jin?
How does Kate not have an overwhelming amount of body hair since she is being kept in a cage all the time (and they probably don't trust them with razors)?
Why does that one Other guy want to kill Sawyer so bad?
Why has the black smoke not taken out the freakishly-annoying newbies?
Does anyone else think that Henry Gale was probably sitting in his little TV room pleasuring himself while Kate and Sawyer got it on?

...and I will be watching in February because I can't stop.

Michelle

I'll be back ... how could I not with the promise of 16 new episodes all in a ROW?!?

imdb.com has Michael and Walt only listed for up to this year, while the "regulars" are listed until 2007. Are they now offically off the show for good?

Patty

GEEZ..it just started the season and now we have to wait for what 13 weeks? what happened to the season ending in Dec.? these people get paid for how many episodes? very frustrating...its sure not like the 60'-70's...I have to come back...I'm hooked!!!!

Sassy

Oh the drama! Sheeeeeeeesh! The rain, the screaming, the intense faces, how much more can we take????
Where will Kate and Sawyer run to, are they not on another island? This show is getting a little stupid, conveluted and hard to follow. Such a pity.
But, of course, I am will watch again, mainly because they promised 16 new shows with no repeats and because I am now totally hooked on the "Lost Diaries!"

laura

Okay, I love you. Seriously. Okay, not really..but I love your lost commentary. I'm a 31 year-old mom of 2. And I'm going to ge drunk tomorrow with my hubby for the first time in like months when the kids go over the grandparents, and i will toast you. :)

Kate is not an Other, but I think she's working with them now. I thnk they wanted her to seduce Sawyer. And man, it was SO awesome to see Jack take some control and kick ass. I love Kate and Jack together. The whole sex scene was cheese, and something just seemed off......

I can't believe we have to go 13 weeks! Nothing will make me stop watching, but I do think this season has sucked compared to last's. Too confusing with the name dropping. I just can't keep it all together anymore.

Don't go 13 weeks without some Lost stuff thrown in, okay?

DeeDee

I ALSO will sto watching this show if they kill Sawyer. He is my favorite character and, as a woman, I would choose him over Jack in a heartbeat! (And I'm no longer attracted to "bad boys"!) I think there are far more layers to Sawyer's character and, in his heart, I think he's a good guy.

DON'T KILL SAWYER, LOST PRODUCERS!!! And if Kate doesn't really love Sawyer, she's a fool!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments