My High Speed Chase with OJ

11/15/2006 3:24 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OJ Simpson composited with a bloody handOJ Simpson will appear on a FOX special, hypothetically describing how he could have murdered Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. First of all, strike the word hypothetically -- he's a killer. Second, I have a theory on how he killed them, and that theory led to a bizarre chase that was anything but low speed.

Rewind to 1994. I was the investigative/legal reporter for KCBS, the CBS affiliate in Los Angeles. The case consumed my life for nearly two years. Between wall-to-wall live coverage, live shots for other affiliates and everyone in my life wanting the latest dish, I was a one-note guy -- with a theory.

I think what happened on June 12, 1994 is that Simpson was in a rage after Nicole rebuffed and embarrassed him at a restaurant earlier in the evening. I believe Simpson sought revenge with a knife, a cap and gloves, but he didn't intend to slaughter anyone when he left his Rockingham residence sometime around 9:30 that night. I think Simpson planned to slash the tires of Nicole's Ferrari. Nicole would drive around town in her sports car looking hot and it drove Simpson crazy. The tires had been slashed a few weeks before the murder, and Simpson all but admitted to Nicole that he did it.

Simpson was insanely jealous of Nicole, and slashing her tires would temporarily clip her night wings. I think Simpson went to the condo, saw the lights on inside and started peering through the windows. When he realized Nicole was taking a bath and saw candlelight, that's all she wrote. Either he rang the bell or she heard something and confronted him at the front door, and then he nearly cut her head off.

That was my theory. So one Saturday night after dinner, maybe two months after the acquittal, I drove a friend who wanted to see the murder scene. I drove to the alley behind the condo, where the garage was, to explain my theory. As I rolled up, an older black limo was stopped in the alley. I wouldn't have thought much of it -- lots of curious people were always there -- but I noticed the limo driver make eye contact with me through his sideview mirror and then gun the engine.

I was stunned. Just like in the movies, OJ Simpson returned to the scene of the crime. I began following the limo and things got crazy. The driver was weaving through the neighborhood, making turns that made no sense. Simpson hated me, so I can only imagine how pissed off he must have been at his bad luck. The limo got to busy Sunset Blvd. first and crossed to the other side. I was stuck for around 15 seconds. When I crossed, I took a shortcut to Simpson's Rockingham estate. When I arrived, the limo was stopped, the gate was open and I saw the shadow of a man running up the driveway. No doubt in my mind, it was the killer himself.

By the way, in case you take issue with my calling him a killer, he may have been acquitted of murder, but a civil jury sure felt he slaughtered Nicole and Ron, awarding their families more than $30 million. They definitely didn't die running with scissors. He's the guiltiest man I've ever seen. And I saw him that night, in all his guilt.

dory

if everyone who saw oj the night of the murders...or on many other nights where he exhibited bizarre behavior...(yep, that's bizarre to sit where you murdered your ex-wife, then run from a reporter)...or heard his many coked out "confessions" all put their stories together, NOW THAT WOULD MAKE QUITE A BOOK!!...and give 1/2 the proceeds to the browns and the goldmans....really....mr. investigative reporter....do the book, make yourself some money, make the victims' families some money..and maybe do a tv movie...now THOSE THINGS would be things people would buy and watch!!!!!!!!!!

les

I agree, he is a killer...

mark todd

If there is a single person who has read the facts and does not believe he is quilty is either black and playing the race card or a freaking MORON. There was enough blood evidence, from his car, his gloves and in his house to convict anyone. The Lawyers are the ones who played the "race" card, not anyone else. Hope the idiot rots in hell. If I was Mr. Goldman, OJ would be dead by now.

mark todd

mark todd

Reggie, you fit my profile exactly. A moron with a sixth grade education at best. Your use of the english language is pathetic. I know, you are used to speaking in Ebonics. Get a life and finish high school..........Jeez, idiot!!!

Julie age 39

I have always wondered who nicole seemed to be expecting to come over that night, lighting candles and bathing for??.....I doubt it was OJ or Ron....maybe a possible witness or a killer.......

but the blood evidence, the cut on his finger etc... leave me know choice but to believe..... OJ KILLED THEM!!

kirk

His black ass is Guilty and he knows it. His day will come when he stands before God. I hope Ron and Nicole are the ones who kick his ass down the stairs to hell.

Who Cares

O.J got away with murder. Just a bunch of stupid people on the jury. They wouldnt know DNA and are too dumb to understand what it is. I wonder how they feel today knowing they let a murderer go FREE. Dumb-----ts.

Dave

Anyone that believes he didn't kill those innocent people is a complete idiot, yeah you if you think he didn't do it ........

Melanie

He is guilty, guilty, guilty!! OJ makes me sick to my stomach! He will get his in the end...

funeralgirl

the guy is guilty, everyone knows it, stop making everything about race.

M

I think he should hang like sadam!!!!!!...Bring back town hanging I bet alot of this sh*t would stop!

Caroline Schmidt

I wonder what happen to O'J's intention of using his own money to TRACK down the killers?

I guess he woke up one morning and saved a ton of money when he looked in the mirror and said "Gotcha!"

I feel sorry for his children who to have to live their life with such a demented father!

Robert

Well, Im impressed by all the Constitutional experts on this site. Point blank....OJ was foundnot guilty in the criminal trial, so his is free and clear. Blame the prosecuting team for being as inept as humanly possible. They botched what should have been an easy case. OJ MAY have commited the crime, but if he did-- he got away with it.! To be found guilty in a civil trial afterwards is is just a hunger for money!!. Somebody should consider suing the DA's office in civil court for being the reason hes free, NOT Oranthal. And while you're at it, go to Boulder, CO and sue THAT DA office too. Poor John Bennet was accosted and murdered by her parents....
People (SHEEPLE) Stop 'feeling' your way through life! Use your heads and make wise decisions.

jan wisconsin

I didnt think he was guilty THEN and i don't think he is guilty NOW! I never missed a day of the trial on TV and it was clear case of planted evidence all the way thru. White, black, green, or blue , OJ I still support YOU