My High Speed Chase with OJ

11/15/2006 3:24 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OJ Simpson composited with a bloody handOJ Simpson will appear on a FOX special, hypothetically describing how he could have murdered Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. First of all, strike the word hypothetically -- he's a killer. Second, I have a theory on how he killed them, and that theory led to a bizarre chase that was anything but low speed.

Rewind to 1994. I was the investigative/legal reporter for KCBS, the CBS affiliate in Los Angeles. The case consumed my life for nearly two years. Between wall-to-wall live coverage, live shots for other affiliates and everyone in my life wanting the latest dish, I was a one-note guy -- with a theory.

I think what happened on June 12, 1994 is that Simpson was in a rage after Nicole rebuffed and embarrassed him at a restaurant earlier in the evening. I believe Simpson sought revenge with a knife, a cap and gloves, but he didn't intend to slaughter anyone when he left his Rockingham residence sometime around 9:30 that night. I think Simpson planned to slash the tires of Nicole's Ferrari. Nicole would drive around town in her sports car looking hot and it drove Simpson crazy. The tires had been slashed a few weeks before the murder, and Simpson all but admitted to Nicole that he did it.

Simpson was insanely jealous of Nicole, and slashing her tires would temporarily clip her night wings. I think Simpson went to the condo, saw the lights on inside and started peering through the windows. When he realized Nicole was taking a bath and saw candlelight, that's all she wrote. Either he rang the bell or she heard something and confronted him at the front door, and then he nearly cut her head off.

That was my theory. So one Saturday night after dinner, maybe two months after the acquittal, I drove a friend who wanted to see the murder scene. I drove to the alley behind the condo, where the garage was, to explain my theory. As I rolled up, an older black limo was stopped in the alley. I wouldn't have thought much of it -- lots of curious people were always there -- but I noticed the limo driver make eye contact with me through his sideview mirror and then gun the engine.

I was stunned. Just like in the movies, OJ Simpson returned to the scene of the crime. I began following the limo and things got crazy. The driver was weaving through the neighborhood, making turns that made no sense. Simpson hated me, so I can only imagine how pissed off he must have been at his bad luck. The limo got to busy Sunset Blvd. first and crossed to the other side. I was stuck for around 15 seconds. When I crossed, I took a shortcut to Simpson's Rockingham estate. When I arrived, the limo was stopped, the gate was open and I saw the shadow of a man running up the driveway. No doubt in my mind, it was the killer himself.

By the way, in case you take issue with my calling him a killer, he may have been acquitted of murder, but a civil jury sure felt he slaughtered Nicole and Ron, awarding their families more than $30 million. They definitely didn't die running with scissors. He's the guiltiest man I've ever seen. And I saw him that night, in all his guilt.

JennyJugs

No doubt this man is the killer. How this crime went unpunished is beyond me. I only hope he gets what he deserves in this life or the next.

girly

He is truly a waist of skin! He got away with murder now he's bragging about!

Shannon

He is indeed a killer - props to you for sharing this story.

christina

What a real A$$ this guy is. He's just trying to cash in.

JennyJugs

ALSO, WTF is up with him writing this book? He is straight out of the loony bin. Did anyone ever see the interview where he had a camera crew following him around and some person came up to him and said "Hi OJ. I really want to shake your hand" he was like "oh sure" and extended his hand. The person then said I always wanted to know what it feels like to shake hands with a killer". You should have seen OJs face. He laughed and smiled at the guy and shook his hand!! SCUMBAG!!!

JEB

F*** OJ Simpson. He got away with murder. Now he just needs to go away.

coco puff

Mark Furman is a racist cop. He planted blood evidence and tried to frame the juice. 12 people found him not guilty because he wasn't. The media had him guilty from the start and that's why he lost the civil suit. I'm tired of everyone knocking the juice, get over it and move on.

angie

i cannot beleive the american people will watch this idiot. I mean who writes a book about a murder he claims not to have committed but if i did , this is how i did it. He's crazy. I hope his kids dont watch this, how sick

Kitty

The man should die !!!! How DARE he write a book and say, well if I did kill them this is how I would do it.

He's a KILLER !!!!!! I hope he rots in hell !!!!!

And the jury that set him free.........................they should be locked up !!!

AnneA

I love you Harvey -
:-) OJ SIMPSON IS A PIG AND SO ARE ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORT/SUPPORTED HIM.

lisa

Yes, that EXACTLY was my theory also.

Marvelissa

It is a SIN and a SHAME that there is nothing that can prevent him from opening his murderous mouth on TV all these years after HE MURDERED TWO INNOCENTS and get even more notariety. He is sick. I really hope NO ONE will give him the satisfaction of tuning in to watch. Let's all get together and boycott the interview, hell, lets boycott the whole freaking network that shows it. Let's make his sorry ass go away.

andraya offutt

Karma never forgets....he'll get his....just a matter of time....

linda

This guy really sucks. He wants to be famous, to bad he is infamous. It is all over or him. I can hardly stand it.He will get his one day. I think he is paying right now. What a looser.

linda

Marvelissa

Terrell, do us a favor and do what OJ will surely do when he dies, GO TO HELL.