So, HOW Do You Know

Tom and Katie Again?

11/17/2006 7:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Who knew that TomKat and J.Lo were such bosom buddies? Not us -- maybe not even them.

TomKate and their Guests!
Given that we thought the guest list at the Cruise-Holmes nuptials in Italy seemed more like a Fellini film, or an episode of "The Surreal Life" -- Marc Anthony? Jenny McCarthy? Jenna Elfman? -- we tried to break down exactly what some of these people were doing all the way over in Bracciano, so far away from home. It should make for some awkward moments during the dinner hour.

Several of the guests -- John Travolta, Elfman and her husband Bodhi, and Leah Remini -- are members of the Scientology tribe, so that makes sense. But what about J. Lo? It turns out that Lopez and Remini are close pals ... and remember that Remini was the first celeb to cop to a Suri sighting, so we know she's in the inner circle.

Now we're pretty sure that Jenny McCarthy and TomKat haven't worked together on anything recently, but J-Mac's squeeze, Jim Carrey, used to go out with Renee Zellweger, who, of course, was Cruise's co-star in "Jerry Maguire." No word from Carrey's rep on whether this rather tenuous connection is the precise reason for his attendance.

Perhaps J.Lo's husband Anthony said it best in a toast he reportedly gave last night in the bar at the wedding hotel in Rome: "To life, to the occasion, and to new friends." Or, as the case may be, complete strangers.

melissa

who cares jim

ccoweyes3

Have they found the Biological Father of Suri yet? I would love to see some DNA test results.

Cheryl

Tom and Katie......you look so happy and so much in love......treasure it ! and surround your beautiful child with the love you two share! your life together will be forever beautiful.....a true fan in Terre Haute, Indiana.

t

ok, I like that song brad paisley sings.."when your a celebrity it's adios reality! I don't know about any-body else but...I'm tired of all of them. They're all up on there pedestools. high horses and they need to be knocked down a few notches(quite a few actually)

tattoo

NOBODY GIVES A SH*T ABOUT THERE WEDDING. WRITE ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE. THIS IS OLD NEWS.

Drew

I pray to the almighty evil lord Zenu that the video will be distribued on TMZ soon!

On the couch with Drew and Marcus

monalisa13

I think it's fantastic, Tom is a romantic to the ninth degree, and he and his Scientology group know how to throw a celebration! A castle in Italy....wow.
Tom and Katie: Congrats and many happy years together.

Mimi

I think the TomKats just wanted to float as many celeb names out over the entertainment media as possible, so as to make it seem A List people actually want to come be part of the gigantic spectacle, instead of all the has-beens, fellow cult members and B & C listers.

Perhaps no one who might actually get more attention than TomCat was even invited. Oprah, anyone?

elaine

HAHAHAHAH i just now noticed the alien. HAHAHHAHHAA. Classic.

Mimi

I take it back... Will Smith is not a has been or B lister, unlike the others in Rome for the spectacle.

monalisa13

Get a clue, Mimi! Will Smith & Marc Anthony has-beens? I don't think so. Sounds like sour grapes to me. And really, why would he invite Oprah, when she dissed him & his relationship to Diane Sawyer? He surely must have noticed that, I would have.

irishk

am i the only person who wondered why tom and katies little girl wasnt crying and didnt even pick her head up to look at all of the flashing lights and photographers?

Waukisha

I hope they last, because this would be an utter embarrasment if they divorced in the next 2 years. This has gotten more press than the royal weddingyears ago. That's pretty sick.

libraesque

"irishk" I was thinking the same thing when I saw that clip! Another thing I thought was really really sad is what a hideous frenzy for this poor kid. I mean they don't take the thing out at home in L.A. so she's even remotely used to people and the outside world. Then they whore her at this media spectacle. What's PATHETIC is the excuse they gave to the media was $cientology teaches that babies shouldn't be exposed to loud noises, and basically a lot of commotion. What a crock of SHIT, they didn't take her out becuase they didn't get the price they wanted for her pics The whole thing is just disgusting, they are just WRONG, there aint NUTHIN' right about these two

Beth

This whole thing is getting a little old. For god's sake, theres a war going on, children homeless in the world, people going hungry this holiday season, and this is all people wanna talk about. I find it just discusting that the skinny b****h spent 3 grand on underware. For the love of everything holy in this world, go to wal-mart and buy your underware there like the rest of the free world.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments