FOX Cuts and Runs on OJ

11/20/2006 5:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OJ SimpsonCommon sense and good taste seem to have prevailed: FOX has decided to pull the plug on both its planned OJ Simpson book and television interview special, "O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened."

Good.

News Corporation Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch said today, "I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project. We are sorry for any pain this has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown-Simpson."

2cnpla

If the book is cancelled, he'll make even more money for underground copy. Tax evasion would be a good thing for him.

drcocks

Hey Jiggy, no one here gives a shit if you are "first". You must think you are on PerezHilton. STFU now.

Jason

It’s too bad that Fox’s decision to axe OJ’s special wasn’t driven by ethics; it’s obviously a financial decision.

Nic

I'm so glad that this was pulled from the lineup. I felt so bad for his family.

texasbush

Well, now that you can't see O.J. confess, check out this other public official make a confession of his own.

Keepin' It Real

For crying out loud... even the publisher considered the book his "confession". Why FOX, even for a minute, entertained doing a book, let alone a TV special, with this COLD BLOODED KILLER was in itself insane. I am just as curious as the next guy, but I wouldn't have touched the book or the TV special with a ten foot pole. KILLERS should not be able to profit from their crime!

coco puff

The book is not cancelled moron, only the interview. It has broken #20 on Amazon and will be released on Nov. 30th. I can't believe the out-right racism on here. You people need help.

Sandbox

Can someone please explain to me how he has been able to ignore the civil judgement against him? He was ordered to pay those families over $33 million dollars and has openely said he will never pay them a dime. He (wrongly) escaped lethal injection, but how can he legally REFUSE to obey a court's decision against him?

Alice

I'm glad Rupert Murdoch woke up to what an incredibly f'ed up idea this show was, and that his network won't be able to use this incredibly cynical ploy to boost sweeps ratings to increase commercial advertising costs that we'd all have to end up paying for in a way.

Zoe

Everybody is saying "good" and I agree, but the sad thing is that this only happened because so many of us complained relentlessly to the channel. Had we not, they would have run it anyway. Good taste and good sense doesn't mean anything to news channels or magazines, ratings and profits do. When they found out how angered people were and that people wouldn't be watching it, that's why they pulled the plug.

william

Thankyou Fox. Maybe Republicans arent so bad afterall..

pinupcutie

Just got off a great website that shows the trial and all evidence!

OJ KILLED THEM FOR SURE! Ah hello. There was so much evidence what happened at the trial to make the jury give such a bull shit verdict.

OJ will have his day in God's court! ROT IN HELL OJ!

Not a Britney Fan

Even though he is walking around this earth a free man, he appears guilty. It's nice to know he will walk around with a scalet "M" on his chest forever. It is sad to see what this does to his victims families and his own children.

Matt

I hear that Webster Dictionary is updating it's publication to include the word NIGGER, and next to the definition will be a picture of O.J. Simpson. He's a worthless piece of crap, and for those of you who are thinking that I am a racist, hold your horses, because I am not. I think people like Ted Kaczinksi and Jeff Dahlmer are scumbags as well.....but I think that O.J. is the only man in America that I can truly say is Nigger. I hate that horse's ass.....he deserves to be shunned by society. If you think he is innocent, just because you are Black as well, then you are a very stupid person who doesn't even have a clue. That piece-o-crap did it.....don't forget that Christopher Darden is Black, and he knew O.J. did it.

Black Sheep

Hell must've frozen over. Murdoch finally did the right thing!