Kramer Uses the "Black Friends" Defense

11/27/2006 12:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a desperate effort to salvage what's left of his poisoned reputation, a "shattered" Michael Richards told Reverend Jesse Jackson that he "loves" black people, adding that some of his "best friends were African-Americans."
Kramer says sorry

Interviewed on Jackson's "Keep Hope Alive" radio show on Sunday, the former "Seinfeld" star again claimed that he harbors no racist feelings toward black people, and blamed his racist diatribe on months of pent up rage that, "has no color."

Richards explained that he should have recognized his problem, when his frustration with hecklers started affecting his comedy routine. "It's a rough and tumble environment," Richards claimed, "I've been noticing how aggressive my work had been getting."

Jackson was convinced that the problem had deeper roots, telling Richards, "You used the word nigger, and then the lynching scene ... have you been here before?" Richards responded, "No, no, no, no, no. That's why I'm shattered by it. The way it just came through me like a freight train."

According to Richards' publicist, Howard Rubenstein, the disgraced actor has already begun psychiatric counseling in Los Angeles to learn how to manage his anger and understand why he made the racist remarks.

Druscilla

Well all I have to say is that none of this would have happened in the first place if the negro men could have kept their mouth's shut.If they didn't like his comedy act they SHOULD have done the adult thing and left.But no they had to open their mouth's and act like fool's as alway's.I really do believe that you can't dress them up and take them anywhere without problem's.As for the people on here saying that the white women that date them are usually ugly,overweight,or poor I couldn't agree more.For all the negro men that are sooooo big,I'm sorry to burst your bubble but elephant's are way bigger than you.HA!HA! Does that mean that white women should go around screwing with elephant's?In my opinion no.I have never in my life seen an "attractive" negro in my life.I wouldn't want to get in bed with someone who the only thing I would see are the white's of his eye's and his teeth.Barf-O-Rama.As for the white women on here that are dating or married to them,you all should be hung from the tallest tree!!!!!Go ahead call me a "racist" I really don't care! And to all you negro guy's to stop trying to "hook up" with me! It's white meat (and better quality) for me ONLY!!!!!

Wicked

#122

I forgot all about that...YES, JESSE JACKSON IS A SCUM BAG LOSER.

FVCK HIM AND HIS HOMIES

EVEN MLK DIDN'T LIKE OR TRUST JESSE JACKSON

Wicked

OK...I JUST HEARD ON BILL O'REILLY THAT MICHAEL RICHARDS SAID HE WAS RAISED IN A BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD UNTIL HE WAS 11 AND THAT HIS FRIENDS WERE BLACK...

SO, HE IS NOT A RACIST.

NO MONEY FOR ANYBODY. PERIOD. END.OF.THIS.CONVERSATION.

RG

Artic Kat,
What is the point of bringing up white trash people not tipping well? I don't remember even mentioning white people but you just had to bring it up because you somehow thought I was making a snide comment about black people tipping poorly. I doubt most "white trash" (if any) tip well and I don't think anyone here on the board needed that explained to them. The only reason I brought that up was a response to someone (Jason) who thought it was totally unbelievable that black people would tip badly. In fact, everyone no matter what their race is capable of tipping badly. I should know... I also waitressed. And if we're going to get biased on the subject my worst customers were actually rich white people. They were usually the rudest and most demanding and never appreciative of anything you did no matter how hard you tried. But once in a while I would get a nice table of them and it would make me rethink how I looked at people. Many of your statements on here are ignorant (as I have read them all) regardless of your claim to a college education. That statement about black people barely ever saying "cracker" was laughable. You've obviously never listened to a Chris Rock CD. And I'm not hating on him as I actually own his comedy CD's. On "Bigger and Blacker" he says "cracker ass cracker" many times. That's just one example. Given enough time for research I'm sure I could find many more examples. Do I care if black people say cracker or whitey etc.? No. They are just words spewed by ignorant people just like Michael Richards with the intention of a easy joke or cheap shot. If you even bother responding you're just a fucking jerk looking for a fight because you've already posted five times on this one article. Give it a fucking rest you self righteous asshole...

lili

Drucilla,

You can spew what you want. It is clearly not educated nonsense. The FACTS about white/black sexuality are that white americans were highly sexually attracted to the black race. You may say what you please, however, the evidence is that white men LOVED SEX WITH BLACK, and MIXED WOMEN, and THEN THEY would get back into the bed with their wives. Think about what you say. THE WHITE males could not resist black women, and white women were ABUSED BY THEIR OWN white MEN BECAUSE THEY THEN WERE FORCED TO SEE THEIR CHILDREN'S HALF-SIBLINGS in their homes.

Open your eyes, you do not have to like black men, but I can GUARENTEE that prominent white males loved their black women. Yes, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, etc...etc...

Since you hate blacks so, just think about the thought of your white men inserting their d*cks into black women, and then returning home to the bed...That is the real insult for you, my dear, that is the real insult.

The problem, my dear, is in your head, and in your self-loathing.

p.s. I am white.

lili

Drucilla,

The problem, my dear, is in your head, and in your self-loathing.

p.s. I am white.

wondertwin

I think anyone who thinks this should just be forgotten and he should be forgiven is allowing him to get away with these comments. Yes we live in a free society that allows freedom of speech but at what cost? Going to speak to "African Americans" does not take away what he did to those men. He is a mess and he is upset because he just screwed himself. These words came out too easily for it to be a mistake. The mistake was allowing this to be taped and released to the public. If he was truley sorry he would have apologized to those young men prior to this video being released to the public.

Rachel

Trentlock- you are neither 1) white nor 2) an ivy league university graduate. Please people, if you're going to post here don't make up these ridiculous stories about yourselves. They're transparent and merely make you appear foolish. Either that or there is an ASTONISHING number of doctors, lawyers, harvard grads, ivy league grads, PhD's etc... on TMZ at all hours.
Don't insult our intelligence. It's laughable.

justme

I agree he really screwed up.

But I also hate how people take someone's apology and then milk it for all it's worth. I have no respect for the guy who won't just accept an apology and wants monetary reparations in addition to the apology. That is simply greedy and evil.

Another thing is that Anger Management is a total fraud. Going to see a shrink about anything will only make it worse. Next thing you know he's going to be strung out on med's, and as a result of all of the introspection about his "true" intentions he'll end up believing he really does hate blacks but has to bottle it up, until one day it explodes with a .45 or some such. Currently he only has a slip of the tongue in anger. Poor guy is really headed for a trainwreck now.

Hel

Hey can get a lawyer coz I was called a dyke?

ballstoyou

Puh der Baer, how many muslims do you know? I'm a ordinary born as muslim, and I pay more taxes and extract less out of the system, ratiowise speaking than dick cheney or yourself or any non-muslim around me.
so enough of your blanket ignorant statements, already.

paulie

What is next for Kramer? Holding hands with Michael Jackson, licking Denzel Washington's shoes,singing a duet with Aretha(may I suggest the tune "Respect", that something michael richards will never have again)Franklin....where will it end? See your shrink K-man...then go away. You have been "n"-outed for the world to see. Frankly, you shot yourself in the foot...and many of us wish you would just go away.

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

WWKKD?

What
Would
Kunta
Kenta
Do

ArcticKat

Yo Jim Crow-
In the united states, statistically, whites outnumber any other group of people when it comes to receiving public assistance, unwed mothers, and being in the income poverty bracket. Youre mom didnt tell you?

Check it out:

www.census.gov

The reason you dont see any blacks in education, is because youre probably not associated with any educational environment. Youre seriously boring man. You have a better chance of getting laid than you do of being witty. Douche

Looking down

Jim Crow

HAHA!

Thesis!? You should be on stage. It's apparent that not only haven't you gone to college but I scarcely think you graduated high school. Your spelling is REDICLOUSE!