What Garrison Did

Before Fatal Crash

12/5/2006 2:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lane GarrisonTMZ has learned that "Prison Break" star Lane Garrison has hired powerhouse defense attorney Harland Braun in connection with last Saturday's fatal car accident.

Lane was at the wheel in his Land Rover on Saturday night when it crossed a median in Beverly Hills and crashed into a tree. A 17-year-old boy sitting in the backseat was killed and two 15-year-olds were injured.

Braun tells TMZ that Garrison had never met the three teenagers before the night of the accident. Braun says Garrison was at a local supermarket earlier in the evening when the trio recognized him in the checkout line and asked him if he wanted to go to a party. Braun says Garrison went to the party and had one drink. Braun says Garrison also had one margarita at a Mexican restaurant that night, but that was the extent of his alcohol consumption. Braun tells TMZ that as Garrison was leaving the party to meet a woman at his apartment, the three teens asked to accompany him. According to sources, the boy was an only child and was extremely well liked by his peers.

Braun says Garrison has no recollection of the accident, which Braun says rendered him unconscious. In fact, Braun claims Garrison's first memory was waking up at the Century City Hospital emergency room with a taxi coupon on his lap that had been given to him by hospital staff so he could get home. Braun says he was not told by hospital personnel that someone had died. He learned of the death later from a friend, Braun says, and was "totally despondent."

Braun says a sample of Garrison's blood was taken at the hospital, but it could take several weeks before the results are in. Braun says he doubts Garrison was intoxicated, but also says, "Who knows if someone put something in his drink at the party."

Braun also says Garrison's Land Rover had been experiencing alignment issues as of late and had been pulling to one side, and added that the SUV had brake problems. Braun says he is forwarding repair receipts to the police.

According to Braun, "Nobody knows what happened, it's a mystery."

sofia

If he was drunk he should of course go to jail.

I dont buy his story but I also dont buy the story of angel and amazing teens..

If he was so drunk and there is so many eye witnesses why didnt they tried to stop him?

Mia Foxx

WHY IS A GROWN MAN HANGING OUT WITH TEENS, ever heard of the law "contibuting to the delinquency of a minor" punishable by 15 years of federal time w/ out parole, ....sad thing is he has a TV show to do so he'll most likely get a slap on the wrist, pay the family off.... worst case probation and still have to pay the parents off... SO SAD THAT THIS IS EXCEPTABLE... let me find a grown man drinking with my KID......oooh

sam

He needs to be in jail for as long as the 17 year old remains dead. Fair is fair after all. I don't care if doesn't remember anything past the day he was born. He was driving drunk, someone is dead, he should pay the maximum price. If he had killed my son, he'd be lucky to be in jail.

CJ

I agree this sounds incredibly fishy. More tragic is the fact that there is a 17 year old boy that won't be spending Christmas or any other day on this earth due to the neglect of the driver. If it's true the vehicle had problems why did the driver decide to dangerously give them a ride. Despondent? I guess it's better than dead now isn't it?

cindy

Why was he with two 15 year old girls and a 17 year old boy? Where I am from that would get him in alot of trouble.

J

How many times will the question,

"What is he doing with two 15-year old girls and a 17-year old boy?"

be posted?

MaryMac

My deepest condolences to the friends and family of V. Please don't let him die in vain. This should be a very unfortunate lesson to you all about the real dangers of drinking and driving.

If you want to really get a good conversation going regarding the legal implications of the incident, you should all log onto www.courttv.com. They have an excellent message board that's free to sign up for and have people participating that have a lot of legal knowledge.

Once on the message boards, you can go under "Hollywood Heat" and there is a thread on there about the accident. I know people there can really help you all determine how you can help.

Good luck and may this holiday season bring you healing.

MaryMac

just the facts

Garrison is at fault in this and there will most likely be a trial to decide to what extent that fault is. It is a terrible shame that a 17 year old boy died but to call him an angel is not exactly true is it ? He was at a house party where they were all drinking (Where were the parents who own this house at the time of the party?). I realize people will say that he was to young to realize the danger in his actions but at the same time some 17 year old kids are tried as adults in this country and given the death penalty. You can't have it both ways.I feel sorry for all the families involved but lets be fair and not let emotions rule because thats no what justice is about.

Jodi

I hope that this um....*mystery* is solved soon and that if he was drunk-appropriate steps are taken. The kids were naive and very young, but Garrison is still responsible. Don't want to read about him going in and out of rehab. Hope the judges don't play by the special Hollywood rules. God, what a tragedy.

MaryMac

I'm sorry...but I don't think my previous post worked...

Basically, I wanted to send my condolences to the friends and family of V. I hope his death is not in vain and that if there is something to be learned from this, it's the real dangers of drinking and driving.

Anyway...I thought any of the Beverly Hills High School students who would be interested in discussing the case should try to get onto the www.courttv.com message boards. They are free and have many people on there with a good understanding of the law. It might be a very good place to start if you are looking to make a difference.

Best of luck!

LaLa

I think the truth will come out ... who cares if the student was legal or not, who cares the reason behind why he was with minors (although that is a good question), who cares how much he drank, who cares how many times his car was in the shop with problems ..... the only point that matters is that the stupid f*** crashed a car and killed someone.

I can make excuses for everything but I dont! If the car had problems before, he had NO business driving it, if the boy was illegal ... who cares, does that mean it is OK for us to vacation in Mexico, Italy, France but if someone from there kills us while we are there, it is OK. His lawyer is just a scum sucking piece of sh*t like him and they both should be put under the jail!

It is time people started taking responsibility for their own actions and quit blaming everybody else for their problems!

zebulon

wow, at my little hospital in podunk kentucky, we can have a blood alcohol for you in about an hour. and a legal blood alcohol in 24 hours. i guess things don't go as well in california.

Jo Blo

I love Lane and I can't wait til' he gets off with no charge. That will be a joyous day indeed. I live to watch dumb teens bite it and sh*t their pants.

MaryMac

I am having such a hard time posting...hope this goes through.

TO THE BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS POSTING HERE:

If you would like to participate in a more productive discussion, try visitng the Court TV website at www.courttv.com. Although most posters here are respectful, it seems many are just complete trolls. The Court TV site has rules that need to be followed for a respectful conversation. If you are looking to make a difference and learn what you can do to follow this case, there are a lot of knowledgeable posters on the site.

Try www.courttv.com. Hope to see you there!

I'm sorry for your loss.