What Garrison Did

Before Fatal Crash

12/5/2006 2:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lane GarrisonTMZ has learned that "Prison Break" star Lane Garrison has hired powerhouse defense attorney Harland Braun in connection with last Saturday's fatal car accident.

Lane was at the wheel in his Land Rover on Saturday night when it crossed a median in Beverly Hills and crashed into a tree. A 17-year-old boy sitting in the backseat was killed and two 15-year-olds were injured.

Braun tells TMZ that Garrison had never met the three teenagers before the night of the accident. Braun says Garrison was at a local supermarket earlier in the evening when the trio recognized him in the checkout line and asked him if he wanted to go to a party. Braun says Garrison went to the party and had one drink. Braun says Garrison also had one margarita at a Mexican restaurant that night, but that was the extent of his alcohol consumption. Braun tells TMZ that as Garrison was leaving the party to meet a woman at his apartment, the three teens asked to accompany him. According to sources, the boy was an only child and was extremely well liked by his peers.

Braun says Garrison has no recollection of the accident, which Braun says rendered him unconscious. In fact, Braun claims Garrison's first memory was waking up at the Century City Hospital emergency room with a taxi coupon on his lap that had been given to him by hospital staff so he could get home. Braun says he was not told by hospital personnel that someone had died. He learned of the death later from a friend, Braun says, and was "totally despondent."

Braun says a sample of Garrison's blood was taken at the hospital, but it could take several weeks before the results are in. Braun says he doubts Garrison was intoxicated, but also says, "Who knows if someone put something in his drink at the party."

Braun also says Garrison's Land Rover had been experiencing alignment issues as of late and had been pulling to one side, and added that the SUV had brake problems. Braun says he is forwarding repair receipts to the police.

According to Braun, "Nobody knows what happened, it's a mystery."

Jo Blo

It's the kids fault. Good riddance.

gettheboysawayfromher

nobody knows how the accident happened? can't someone figure it out. he hired a big shot lawyer. his lawyer said something was wrong with his vehicle and he has the receipts. so why did he drive the car.
well on entourage, the guys went to a teenage party which was odd
so maybe he did the same thing too. who said he is going to jail? but i am sure there will be a big investigation for sure. what a shame that boy died, and maybe the girl, oh no. no matter what he is in trouble, so was he drunk or not? his lawyer is playing it down.

Lenn K

Sometime in life you get that chance after a tough life and they help you, just blow to it. The long list of people helped by others, given a break, work hard and have things in the palm of their hand. Then dumb decisions, foolish moves and lies to try and coverup the truth. You were drinking with underage youths and driving probably reckless trying to impress your young friends. Here a thought, just take responsbility for the accident and ask the family and God forgivesness.

MaryMac

BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:

Please visit Court TV's website for a more productive conversation. Many people there know the law and would be williing to provide you with feedback on how you can make a difference (without being pummeled by some of the morons on here.)

www.courttv.com

Jo Blo

HE WAS WITH THE TEENS BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO BANG THEM OUT AND THEY WOULD'VE LOVED IT. MORONS. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Jo Blo

When will you morons learn that these teens who were all friends with each other (and probably screwed each other, sharing their nasty STDs) weren't really friends with each other? These a**hole teens just want to see Lane die or whatever, yet they won't do anything about it because they are all bark and no bite. They couldn't give two f***s about the law because they were all out drinking and f***ing each other too. Get real. It's 2006.

Amy

Please stop all racist remarks, it's actually disgusting and embarassing that people still talk that way in 2006. Please go back to school and learn something, ie what world you live in today. No matter what nationality, color, sexuality, etc. this kid was, he is a human being first and foremost. In terms of what these kids were doing at a party where underage drinking, and that their parents are to blame. Every parent who thinks their kid is not drinking and is commenting, trust me they are. It does not make it a smart decision for those kids to get in that car, but they are still 17 and 15 year old kids and they do make mistakes, no matter who their parents are. I do not know the facts, no one does at this point, but if this 27 year old man was partying with high school kids, and then drove them somewhere drunk, I don't care where they were going or how they met, he killed that kid. Even if he wasn't drunk, and the kid didn't have his seatbelt on it's still vehicular manslaughter. As I said though, I don't know what happened at this point, I just wanted to say no matter what that my thoughts and prayers are with this 17 year old's family. From the postings I have seen on blogs from some of the students in his high school he sounds like quite a person. To those students I apologize for all of the ignorant people on this blog who are not understanding the grief you all are going through at this point, and my prayers are with you also. No matter what happens, the truth will come out, and if someone needs to be punished or not, it will happen, but no matter what remember a child has lost his life...

duh...totally !

yes, there has to be more to this strange story.....

this guy is toast, he will serve time and be sued....

has Gloria Alred been hired yet ????

Georgia Peach

I am sure no one believes for a moment that he was anything but intoxicated behind the wheel of a car that crashed killing one, and injuring two others. That is the bottom line. He should pay, and I mean pay dearly, for the lives he destroyed by making such a stupid, self-centered decision. Driving under the influence of ANYTHING that impairs your judgment or ability to operate a vehicle is against the law, PERIOD. Anyone who defends his actions has never seen the results of one of these accidents. I have personally seen four. And somehow, almost always, the driver walks away almost injury-free. Where's the justice in that? All four of the accidents I am talking about were head-on collisions because the people were too intoxicated to pay attention and concentrate enough to keep their cars where they should have been. One involved my cousin and his friend who were on their way hunting. An intoxicated driver traveling almost 100 MPH crossed over the center line and hit them head on. My cousin survived because he fell behind the driver, who was killed instantly. Even though he survived, it took him almost a year to recover physically from the accident. The second one I came upon was again on a country road, with two elderly people killed in another head on collision with a drunk driver. It was horrible to see something like that. And, of course, the driver was sitting out on the side of the road with only a few bruises and scrapes. The third was my sister-in-law who was only one month pregnant at the time and was hit head on by teenagers drinking and driving (they crossed over a median on an interstate and hit her head on). Fortunately, she survived and so did her baby with the help of an airbag. And the last one I saw, which affected me the most, was on a main road in my hometown when I was just 16 years old. I was out with friends, and a drunk driver, confused about the the lanes, hit another car which was just sitting in a turn lane head-on, killing both women in the car. My friends and I just happened to be approaching that same intersection when the accident occurred, and I saw this woman DEAD in the front seat of her car, with the steering wheel embedded into her body. As a matter of fact, I could not tell if the deceased was male or female at the time, and only found out the next day it was a friend of my mom's and someone she had worked with for years. At 16, this was devastating to me, and I realized then that I would NEVER drive a vehicle after drinking, and to this day I have kept my word. I am now 43 years old.

My point is this - drunk driving (or even driving under the influence) means you are TOO IMPAIRED to be behind the wheel of a 2000 +/- lb. weapon. That is what it becomes when you drive drunk - a weapon. I will pray that justice is done in this case and that celebrity does not preclude him from paying a price for what he has done. He has ruined the lives of those who love and care about that young boy. And most importantly, it is something he can never, ever take back.

Georgia Peach

Jo Blo

Nobody cares. tl;dr

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

Cindy and Tony Soprano - you should be thanking your lucky stars that Garrison did not run into you or yours while he was driving drunk. somehow i'd think you'd soon be 'singing' a different tune.

all these things that you say will come back to you in the end.

Jo Blo

He will not go to jail.

Just ask Matthew Broderick and Rebecca Gayheart about how they got out of killing people via running them over.

Jo Blo

I don't believe in karma. Moron.

And Gloria Allred is a dyke who only represents women.

Amanda

He should be in jail right now!! What 26 year old man hangs out with kids; and promotes them drinking! Thats 2 laws broken there at least. The things that these famous people get away with now-a-days, well, its MURDER. I hope he goes to jail for a long, long time.