Reports that Britney Probed for Partying are Bogus

12/6/2006 6:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears with no panties onReports are circulating that the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services has paid a visit to Britney Spears because of her recent hard partying. I'm told that is simply not the case.

Reliable sources in the world of Britney tell me DCFS never questioned the panty-challenged singer about her late-night clubbing. I'm getting a sense that the agency may have questioned Spears in the recent past as a follow-up to the seat belt incident earlier this year. Of course, Brit aficionados remember that DCFS went to her Malibu home after learning that Sean Preston was a passenger in the car she was driving and he was not strapped in. No action was taken in that case.

When I was a reporter at the CBS affiliate in Los Angeles, I did a year's worth of stories about DCFS and how foster children were dying because of abuse that was never detected by the agency. DCFS is an understaffed county department that can't investigate all the truly serious allegations of child abuse. Even though Britney may be trading lullabies for Hyde, it's a safe bet she's got help at home. If DCFS investigated Britney's partying and at-risk kids were ignored, department officials would be skewered. Period.

liz

Twelve years ago during a period in my life when I was drinking heavily as I see (and I see only through the media) Brittany has been, Children's Services took my 3 small children. Speaking from personal experience, they investigate if they get a call that a mother/father is drinking abusively, period. If there is imminent danger they will take the children immediately (day or night), if not, which looks at least today there has not been yet in Brittany's case, they will put forth a 6 month investigation where they will watch mom/dad, conduct scheduled and random face to face interviews with not only the parent/parents and/or family and friends. If the parent either a) has been drinking before an interview (which was the case with me) or b) there is suspicion that drinking is still going on, the children will be taken. Full-custody will be given to either the other parent, family, or foster care, in that order. The drinking parent will have scheduled hours to visit or have visits with the children under a court-appointed monitor. I do not know the situation at all with Brittany, although I suspect that this is one of the reasons she has purportedly entered rehab (I try not to listen to media news about it although I do listen to reports I hear on KROQ in the morning driving to work, reputable source that I am there...) As Harvey says, DCFS is only concerned with the safety and welfare of the children. I believe that having them become involved in your life is one of the most painful things a parent can ever experience, yet for me they were the best thing that ever has happened after the birth of my own children, for they saved them from me during that time. Brittany, I'm sure, loves her children just as much as any mother and her actions of late have nothing at all to do with that love.

Semantha

WHY IS SHE ALWAYS DOING THE WRONG THING???

mom of two

mothers are allowed social lives too. Her children are healthy and taken care of. Give the woman a break!

TMZ SUCKS!!

I feel sorry for those angels!!!

Nee

She young and dumb and has no guidence. Her parents let her do whateva she wanted when she was a teenager so she doesn't know any better. Hopefully, someone who CARES will help straighten her out and get her back on track.

amy

O.k. She is VERY lucky that she didn't get into a car accident that day. I am glad that she didn't. I mean, really glad. But when she was on Dateline and said that her dad use to put her on his lap. She is not in driving in Louisiana.

Rick

All those a**hole that are making up sh*t about Britneys cluubing are just that....dumb f***s...this woman has enough money and the sense to make sure her children are taken care. She has a right to a life....without Fed-Ex, and it seems that she was pregnant the last two years and could not party. So anyone of you asswipes out there critizing her.....youre just two faced a**holes cause after a terrible marriage your asses would be out there partying too.

Charlotte

Her kids are being taken care of. Let DCFS tend to the children that really do need their services.

Buster

Who gives a crap? Everyone should be concerned with their own kids. There have been many successful people that are the products of loser parents. Do you remember the days when you would see a big black mama spanking her kids in a K-mart and not give it a second look? Seriously, if people paid more attention to their own kids rather than how others are raising theirs, then there would probably be less crap going on in this world. Not everyone has had the best parents in the world, but they go on to lead successful lives.

Buster

Hey Yeah I said it,

That was funny.

Kim

Its called Nannies people! Not saying its correct, but those children are well taken care of! Get over it already!

Gavin

Who cares if she is too busy getting drunk to raise her kids properly? When my parents were doing that, nobody gave a crap that I was neglected...guess my parents weren't rich and famous enough.

acg

Okay, as inappropriate as it was, Yeah I Said It, that totally cracked me up. I about fell off my chair when I read your post. Thanks, I totally needed a laugh today.

FIRST ONE!!

I agree with #5!! She is a worth a 150 million $$. Her kids are being well taken care of, with or without her!! I agree she is partying hard, but you know what who cares!! She will get over it!! thats just some peoples ways of getting over sh*t!! let DCFS take care of those other children who are in need, like the ones that are being abused and sexually hurt. Period.

LOLA BEBZ

LETS FACE iT..BRiTNEY NEEDS TO GET OUT THERE..AND FREAKiNG PARTY. i MEAN LOOK HOW MUCH SH!T KFED PUT HER THROUGH. SHE DESERVES A FREAKEN BREAK. SHE'S COPiNG..JUST LET HER GO.i'M SURE HER NANNY OR MANNY OR MOM iS TAKiNG CARE OF THE KiDS. JUST LET BRiTNEY BE.!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments