Peter Boyle Dead at 71

12/13/2006 1:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Peter BoyleActor Peter Boyle, most recently seen as the father on "Everybody Loves Raymond," died at New York Presbyterian Hospital, his publicist said today. He had been suffering from multiple myeloma and heart disease.

Boyle was nominated for seven Emmys for his work as Frank Barone on the hit CBS show, but never won. He won an Emmy in 1996 for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for an appearance on "The X Files." He most recently appeared in the Christmas comedy "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause" playing Father Time.

According to IMDB, John Lennon was the best man at his wedding back in 1977. He is survived by his wife Loraine and two daughters, Lucy and Amy.

ManBearPig Huntress

Are you serious, Special-K? What a moron...maybe your mama never told you, but just because people have the same last name does NOT mean they are related! Idiot...

Rachel

Ummm Special K, Lara is not his daughter. They merely have the same last name-DUH

We'll miss ya big guy

dj

who the hell cares about this jerk-off!! so what, he died. big freaking deal. we're all going there anyhow, so save your drama when you see them after you die too. this guy was joke; he wasn't funny at all.

Ava

Only he could pull Racist comments with panache and not malice, Show us that o people from different age group have opinions right or wrong..only he could represent his generation with pride,humor and not pity. Only he could play a father in law saying all those lines and still come out so lovable. Just last night I was laughing at my fav line"what competition in hell did i win" watching a rerun. God bless you.

Jacki

Sad! He was one funny dude and will be missed!

Kevin Keckeisen

lol You were lucky that you made it through the entire run of ELR, Petey my boy! ;-)

Karen

Post #43 is disgraceful and uncalled for. Peter Boyle was one of the most talented sitcom actors as well as a comedic movie and dramatic actor.
May he be welcomed at the pearly gates by the likes of Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau as well as so many others. A true gentleman and so respected by his peers. RIP Peter.

ManBearPig Huntress

Hey "who the hell cares" - thanks for your comment, you pus-filled blister on the ass of humanity. What's a matter, did your welfare check not come today, so you've got to spew venom in some anonymous forum? You know, I hear McDonald's is always hiring, but you probably can't pass the drug test.

You're right, we're all going - and hopefully you're going sooner than later. Here's hoping you get hit by a bus today!

sal lamantia

Very sad news. He was an intelligent,classy ,talented man
who will be missed. My condolences to his family.

Sam

Redd2Go2

I will miss Peter's humor and his comedic style which is a rarity these days. He was truly a gem and we as fans are lucky that he will still make us smile and laugh on tv for many years to come. My condolences and prayers to his family.

Grandma of Four

Rest in Peace Mr. Boyle! I am watching Larry King Live with a very nice tribute to this talented gentleman.

I am not sure how many of you are familiar with multiple myeloma. I had never heard of it until my now 64 year old husband was diagnosed with IgG MM in the summer of 2004. It is a very painful form of cancer and the meds are very hard to tolerate....many folks cannot work. It is a constant race against trying to get the cancer "numbers" down, adjusting the meds, and praying things stay status quo for as long as possible. Very difficult for the patient and sad for a family to watch this happening!

sean

"fire is your friend." "grrrrrrrrrrrrrr." loved him. he and madeline kahn were in a class by themselves.

Rick

Not many people know that he was a monk for four years. Imagine , a man that funny in a monestary. He was a great talent. We are not too slowly losing all the old time actors. Peter, you made me laugh...and that was enough for me. God Speed...

Melissa Turk

I watch Everybody Loves Raymond faithfully, the show is great, no one can ever replace Frank that's for sure!!!! He did a great job playing the Father... :-)
He made me laugh *OUT LOUD* so many times!! I was shocked to hear of this news and wish warm symphathies to his family during this time.
HE will definitely be missed tremendously!
Melissa, in GA

Melissa Turk

WHAT?? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE A MAJOR ASS TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!
YOU'LL BURN IN HELL I AM SURE, YOUR THE JERK! KEEP YOUR RUDE ASS COMMENTS TO YOUR BRAINDEAD SELF!
ON THE CRACK PIPE AGAIN DUDE?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments