Miss USA Dethroned?

12/14/2006 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miss USATMZ has learned that officials from the Miss USA pageant will make a "major announcement" today and may strip reigning Miss USA Tara Conner of her title due to inappropriate behavior.

Sources tell TMZ that executives from the Miss USA organization and NBC (which broadcasts the pageant) met Tuesday to discuss Conner and alleged incidents of her inappropriate behavior, including her conduct at New York City bars. While no one from the pageant would comment on the rumored troubles, several sources tell TMZ that a big announcement is expected some time Thursday. According to these sources, officials are extremely unhappy with the current Miss USA's conduct in public.

Pageant rules say that if Connor is removed, first runner-up Miss California Tamiko Nash will assume the duties of Miss USA and complete the remainder of the beauty queen's reign. When TMZ contacted a rep for Nash, we were told they could "neither confirm nor deny" that she would be taking over the title.

Tara Connor: Click to watchTwenty-year-old Conner, who hails from Russell Springs, Kentucky, was crowned Miss USA in April of 2006. As part of her duties Connor often takes part in high profile media events. She recently boarded the Black Pearl for a "Pirates of the Caribbean" promotion in Baltimore.

UPDATE: Donald Trump, who owns the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants, told CNN that "Reports that Miss USA is being 'dethroned' are absolutely not true." He then said that Conner is "going through some personal problems and difficulties right now which could affect her ability to reign. We are right now looking into what we can do to work with her and what we will do about her reign going forward."

UPDATE: The Miss USA Organization has issued the following statement: "Miss USA Tara Conner has not been dethroned. The Miss Universe Organization and Mr. Donald J. Trump will be evaluating her behavioral and personal issues to see what we can do to work with her, and what we will do about her reign going forward. Mr. Trump will make a determination and announcement within the coming week."

JMoulin

She better behave herself because there are alot of gay men just waiting to take her place and wear that crown.

amy

#64. I think you are mistaken. You are acting like you are talking to me? Check the numbers again. This is a person of class. Who were you talking to?

Crazy, maybe not

This is all about censorship. After all, censorship is becoming America's favorite past-time. The US gov't (and their corporate friends), already detain protesters, ban books like "America Deceived" from Amazon and Wikipedia, and fire 21-year tenured, BYU physics professor Steven Jones because he proved explosives, thermite in particular, took down the WTC buildings.
Last link (before Google Books caves to gov't pressure and drops the title):

Patsy

Are you guys stupid.....
1. Were in the f*** does it say she went to a bar got drunk....inappropriate behavior could mean alot of things. What makes you guys think is about a bar and drinks.
2. Milatary...nobody asked you guys to join the Army, Navy, Marines, the Force or anything if you do it is for either "you need money" believe what says in that commercial and Army or one".HA!..but it was your decision and nobody else. Just because you are there I should consider you a hero...BS!!! I do not want to say you are stupid for joining but don't want to give you a high five cause I don't care!!!!
People in Iraq are not at fault for The Terrorist attacks....is the President/Goverment. Bush can suck dick for all I care is because of him that we are still in war loosing all that money and soldiers. Now if you soldiers think we should worry about this....I think we should worry more about getting Bush out of the white house by not voting for him so that his revenge of years back when his father was alive stops!
3. Pagents....is just for intertaiment and I do agree with some of you, alot of young girl who look up to her may see the inappropriate behavior and is a real bad role model....as to who gets the crown who cares. But I do believe if she broke the rules she has to be out, if you agree to something stick to it.
4. Freedom of speech...yes!!! Everyone here is entitle to say, type, scream what they believe..but do not abuse STUPIDITY!!!!! We were all young once and did dumb, illegal, and inappropriate things I was once 18 and got drunk at a 21 and over bar so what....I was once drunk got on top of a table at a club and started dancing, but you know why you guys can say sh*t about me "bcz I was not on the spot light, I do not have a contract, I do not come on on TV. So all of you talking out of your ass bcz she did wrong....Stop acting o as if you're inocent.
5. And about the respect to Women we have respect but if you do not earn it then you aint nothing but a hoe...Yes I do agree that most men look at a women as a piece of ass and all they want is to f***...but is all up to you to say yes and no, you cannot blame all men for our behavior and decicions. I'm hispanic and my grandmother always said...Men will go as far as the women let them reach. So if you let buddy grab your titts on the first date expect your ass on the next.

Jo Blo

Stop posting your f***ing comment over and over again, ROBERT.

AMT

Weird, my reponse was to Jason Mayfield which is now #67. But when I posted it was #51. How did he move his comments? Strange things at work here.

Sorry, A Person of Class, my comments were not directed at you.

Jo Blo

MISS USA SHOULD NOT BE DANCING TOPLESS ON A BAR. THAT'S IT.

Keets

PS

TMZ.com managing editor Harvey Levin told FOX News on Thursday that Conner, who is under the U.S. legal age limit of 21 for alcohol consumption, had been "drinking too much, among other things ... I don't want to say too much."

amy

Get Real- Thank you for being real. haha. It's all good. Thank you.

amy

It's all good APRIL!!

Bjorn

She is young and she is HOT....any women who looks like Tara and has the world at her fingertips should have some fun and get crazy for awhile. The trick is keeping the crazy fun out of the spotlight! I hope she is taking full advantage of her moment in time. You are only young once! Any man (and a lot of women too!) would love to get together with this delicious babe.

Keets

where the hell is the anouncement! com'on

Patsy

Bongo!! Bongo! your so stupid.

I asked were does it state she was drunk you imbesile!!!!! read mutha f***er. It must be you from the hills thinking other sh*t, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OTHER THINGS SHE COULD HAVE DONE? DID YOUR MOM EVER TELL DO NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY IT"S TITLE?

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!
And if I was from the hills what?!? you ignorant idiot!!!!!! it does not make less of a human. You need anger management classes, you so funny getting mad at a post. GEEZ! Get a grip.

concerned

What the real question is who carded her and what is she doing in places that she needs to be over 21? Or is this one of those turn your heads and be blind to a "celebrity". I hope this to be unfounded gossip but somehow I suspect where there is smoke there is fire. Tara if that crown means so much why dont you keep the image of Miss USA sparkling like the crystals in the crown. You are to be a role model for young girls everywhere. You have tarnished your own dream as well as future generation wannabes.

Jim

Who really cares..... just another ploy by the media to promote sales and announce to America more usless news!