Happy

Purple New Year!

12/15/2006 3:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

PrinceCan't wait for the Super Bowl to see Prince perform? You can spend spend New Year's Eve at the Rio in Vegas with Mr. 1999 himself ... for a cool thousand bucks.

What will you get for $1,000? You'll begin with a six-course meal, including "Sake Cilantro Cured Salmon complemented with Wasabi Cream and Salmon Pearls, and a tantalizing Center Cut Filet Mignon & Pine Valley Ranch Organic Lamb Chop, Corn Bisque with Diver Scallops, Petite Asparagus, Pomme de Terre" ... oh, it goes on and on.

Then you move to the highlight of the evening (if you can still move after that meal) -- to see Prince. You'll enjoy the petite purple one from a VIP table, ringing in the New Year with a set of commemorative champagne glasses and a bottle of commemorative champagne, whatever that is.

As for the show itself; one TMZ staffer saw Prince's opening night performance, and Prince took the stage around midnight and played for over two hours. The club stays open until 4:00 AM, so you can party there into the wee hours ... like it's 2007.

jennifer

Omg prince for superbowl?! Omg I need a trash can, I can't believe the trash on the super bowl all because of Janet and Justin. The rolling stones sucked ass Last year how about some new age, no not when doves cry hell why not go all out then and get monkey boy I mean Michael Jackson and some kids on there and they can heal the world. I am so sick of junk like that. They really need to rethink superbowl.

spin sycle

ummm...no.

anthonysdreamgirl**

God, I LOVE Prince! What I wouldn't do to get those tickets for Christmas! ;-)

amy

I so can't get why people thinks he is sexy. I should see him next to Vin Deisal. He looks like a shrimp. When he was standing to Beyonce, he looked so small.

girly

Size doesn't matter in this case I would take Prince over Vin Deisal any day!

anthonysdreamgirl**

A person of class - size has nothing to do with it. Prince is a sexy m-f'er! He is such a GREAT musician!

Whatever

Prince is a damn tool.

amy

You guys don't feel like you would crush him??

p1tey1

I was IN LOVE with Prince when I was in high school.......many, many years ago!! At that time, all of his music was about sex, and I hadn't had sex yet. He was the man!

Dark Knight

That's exactly what football fans want to see at halftime, this little fairy dancing in the middle of a field where real men just got done punishing each other. Thanks a lot Janet.

Laura

Why can't people just enjoy his music and his skills as a musician.

char

A quote from Prince that I found interesting at his IMDB website: "Cool means being able to hang with yourself. All you have to ask yourself is "Is there anybody I'm afraid of? Is there anybody who if I walked into a room and saw, I'd get nervous?" If not, then you're cool."

char

I wonder what they would serve to vegetarians at his dinner. Everything else reeks of meat

002

I LOVE PRINCE. But this show is a big disappointment. His opening act is hideous (and that's being kind). His show is really just a jam session of whatever he feels like doing. He is the Prince o, of course, but you have to be drunk and or drugged to enjoy this. I am so sorry.

Carmen Greta

Prince is a great show, Super Bowl stage is perfect for him. Have you seen the commercial? It's great!!!!!! Here it is: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YBgJ4gpA3uQ

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments