Sheryl Crow's Golden Inspiration

12/16/2006 3:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sheryl Crow woke up Thursday morning to news that she got a nod for a Golden Globe, and TMZ has video of her in studio recording the nominated song.
Click to return to TMZ.com
Crow received a Best Original Song nomination for her performance of Try Not to Remember from the film "Home of the Brave." Crow says she was moved after seeing a rough cut of the movie, saying "It was really inspiring, I really felt compelled to write about it."

The movie tells the story of returning Iraqi war veterans who have to adjust to life again. "It strikes a cord, a familiarity with the Vietnam War, where you come home from a war and you can not figure out how to fit back into society," says Crow, "you've seen too many images that are too disturbing." Suffice to say, it's definitely a heavy song.

"Home of the Brave" opens this weekend. Golden Globes will be handed out January 15.

We, are not amused.

And to think that Lance Armstrong started "catching" for the other team, instead of banging this one so hard, her ears would hurt!

Rachel

Sheryl rocks. Note to Britney: This is what true talent looks like.

My two cents

I sure hope she nabs this one! She is a great talent. Good luck Sheryl!!!

JLT

Sheryl Crow's a survivor and all those "pop" tarts should take a good long listen to what real talent sounds like. Not only does Sheryl write her own songs, she can play almost any instrument and has stood the test of time. I have nothing but the utmost respect for her as both a person and a musician.

TheseDays

She is truly an American inspiration: if she can make it, anybody can. Her vocals blow beyond belief. The other day one of her songs got stuck in my head from watching a TV commercial, I tried everything to rid myself of that horrid song. For the CMAwards, she was on the opening act w/various other musicians and as she was being announced, I knew for sure she would jack up the song -- sure enuff, everybody in the room just ragged on her.

Mad Balls

She has an uncanny knack for creating catchy tunes . Combine that with a strong voice and a strong sense of timing and you have one of the finest artist around . Kid rocks stuff dropped off drastically when he gravitated away from this wonderfull lady . I only hope one day she'll write a tune with me . Keep us entertained Ms. Crow and we'll love you forever .

joyce

Cancer or not, dumped by the very gay lance or not, this one is the skank of all time. Puleeeze. No more Cheryl Crow. She is disgusting.

Rachel

ha ha, joyce would give an appendage to look like her or have her talent and money. joyce is a 350 lb. pig sitting at her computer in her mumu stuffing herself with bon-bons. Go back to your blow-up doll Joyce, you have nothing to contribute to this dicussion.

the fuzz

What 70's song did she rip this one from?

Ian Thorpe

I noticed Australian actor Helen Mirren was nominated for three Golden Globes. But I always liked the two she's had for years.

We, are not amused.

Dear Ellis:
Come closer...
yeah, right there...
I got a present for you!
oooo...eeehahaha...ououou!
(Translation: Duck, highly evolved biped!)

Lisa

Love the song. Can't wait to see the movie. Sheryl is a multi-talented singer/songwriter with an amazing collection of songs. She's the real deal, not like the majority of poseurs out there today.

akjfdlasjl

Any award with "original" in the name shouldn't be given to this hack. The last straw for me was when she did a "tribute" to Johnny Cash at...ummm....was it the Country Music Awards? Not only did she sing "Hurt," a song that was NOT written by Johnny Cash, (although it was his final single) but she messed up the last portion of the song. She disgraced two amazingly talented artists in one less-than-coordinated swoop.

But let's face it, awards don't mean anything anyway. Ever since the day of the music video started sh*t has floated to the top of the music industry. On second thought, give her the award.

LMFAO

Sheryl puts so many of the so called "musicians" of today to shame!!!!! The riffs in her songs are some of the best that have ever been put to record!!!!!!

This ladies and gentlemen is the real talent...... Britney who????

We, are not amused.

Ms. Ellis:
I read that there Darwin book...it says white people like you are decendent from devils.
Any comment?