For Sale:

Kelly Clarkson,

Taylor Hicks

12/17/2006 9:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kelly ClarksonDreams really do come true. If you can meet their price, you can party with your favorite "American Idol."

According to the New York Post, the going rate for the reality show's castoffs, finalists and winners ranges from pocket change to big bucks. It all depends on whether you want them to sing their little hearts out or just show up and pretend they care.

So who makes the most? Ruben Studdard gets anywhere from $30K-$75K for three songs; Taylor Hicks sells his soul for $150K; and Kelly Clarkson is worth $300K. Meanwhile, a lowly castoff like Kimberly Caldwell -- wait, who? -- only charges $2,000.

Ed NortonThanks for Nothing, Ed Norton

There'll be no swanky swag at the Oscars or Golden Globes, courtesy of altruistic Edward Norton. The awards have scrapped giving out gift bags -- which are usually worth up to $100K -- because the actor complained so much, and the IRS got wind of the extent of the freebies. Norton tells New York magazine: "Picking through $35,000 gift baskets is disgusting and shameful. My suggestion was to have the Academy commit to [charitable] contributions in the name of the winners." Yeah, right. Look for Ed sitting alone during this year's festivities.

Martha StewartMartha Dishes Dirt With Stern

How does he do it? Howard Stern had Martha Stewart talking dirty during his show last week. The usually stuffy domestic diva told Stern she owns a $1,200 vibrator, which she called "a very good tool," reports the New York Post. She also dished on her short-lived relationships with New York mayor Michael Bloomberg and actor Anthony Hopkins. "I couldn't get past the Lechter thing," she said. "Do you want someone eating your brain while you are sitting in your beautiful dining room in Maine?" Fair enough.

Party Favors: Steven Spielberg and Christy Turlington Team Up for Fashion Show ... "Apprentice" Champ and E! News Reporter Engaged ... Michael Jackson's Japanese VIP Party

Steven Spielberg is jumping on the reality TV bandwagon. The Oscar-winning director is developing a show about the fashion world featuring supermodel Christy Turlington ... PEOPLE reports "Apprentice" winner Bill Rancic and E! News' Giuliana DePandi are engaged. The couple met when she interviewed him on E! two years ago ... Michael Jackson is charging Japanese fans $3,500 a pop to shake his hand and snap a photo. The "Premium VIP Party" takes place March 8.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

We, are not amused.

It say somewheres in the bible that a "workman is worth of his hire" you want a celebrity to preform at your gig, pony up: what's wrong with that.
Ed Norton is right and I hope it won't cost him, careerwise.
Martha Stewart with a $1200.00 "fuzz-a-bumper"...oh...my...gosh!
I would by that DVD!
MILF RULES!

liz

Good- Hollywood needs more people like Ed Norton. It is a waste- and giving to charity is an excellent idea. I like him I think hes great

We, are not amused.

"... and actor Anthony Hopkins. "I couldn't get past the Lechter thing," she said. "Do you want someone eating your brain while you are sitting in your beautiful dining room in Maine?"
I don't know about 'eating' your brain, Martha but snacking at the "Y"?
I would spend that long weekend at your 'Bed and Breakfast'

JM

Good call, Norton. Celebrities already get paid too much, anyway.

Whatever happened to the "starving artist"?

dms

I knew there was a reason I liked Ed Norton for more than his acting. I'd like to know which celebrities are against him and this decision- probably greedy D-listers. And of course TMZ- shame on you, you've been spending way too much time with Parasite Hilton. You've copped her attitude.

Brother Harold, S.J.

WHAT A PLEASURE TO READ OF SOMEONE TRULY GOOD, ON TMZ. A NICE BREAK FROM ALL THAT TRASH YOU REPORT ON DAILY. BRAVO ED NORTON! YOU ARE THE DIRECT POLAR OPPOSITGE OF THAT TOM CRUISE WEASEL.

Standards are badly needed.

Edward Norton is guilty of saying the emporer has no clothes on.
I doubt he'll sit alone; a few renaissance woman might vy for the honour.
If he does find himself alone, it will be with his head up, and after being
able to look at himself in the mirror in the morning. That's what counts.
Look how the lemmings said nothing and the subsequent Repub. legacy.
It's always a slippery slope, and tho unrelated, makes the point. I guess
Edward Norton is a bit of a whistleblower; but a man of courage and principle,
and guys like that are not afraid to sit alone.

muffin

Go Martha Stewart!

Lola

That is very honorable of Ed Norton. I thought it was truly sad that these celebs had the nerve to complain that they had to pay taxes on gift bags worth over $100k, they make millions per film. By the time they pay the taxes they still make out like bandits. Not only is he a wonderful actor, he is a decent person and that is very uncommon anymore in Hollywood.

Marquis

TMZ needs a serious bitchslap for thinking that celebrities somehow have a 'right' to award freebies. Eddy's got a good heart. Apparently, being humble isn't praised in Hollywood. It makes me sick to see someone like him being looked down upon because he's the only sensible one in a town full of crazies.

I tip my hat to thee, Sir Norton.

Bonnie

You are the BEST Ed. I wish other celebs would get a clue and give up all of this "stuff" and give the money it is worth to charity!!! They don't need any of it and so many people are suffering!! You go guy.

Sarah

There Ed Norton goes again, making Baltimore proud. Kudos to him for saying what any reasonable person was thinking. And shame on anyone who actually thought $30,000 of free stuff for celebrities was in any way appropriate.

Cyndi Wyatt

I don't see where these "idols" get off charging so much for singing at parties when its the very people that voted for them that put them where they are in the first place especially Ruben. I mean, 30-75k is a bit too much for a wash-up, don't you think?

greytalli

Giving print time to Michael Jackson is the same as giving giving it to O.J., They are both scummy abd lowest of the low.

lauratab

Just to comment on Michael Jackson charging people to shake his had...thats such bullshit!! He was INVITED to japan by some leaders for a party held in his honor--he didnt put this shit on in ANY way! Just attending it!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments