Star Jonesing After Oprah

12/20/2006 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Star Jones gallery: Click to launch photosStar Jones is admitting to the world what it already knew – that she's been a diva with a capital D – and it seems that she may be using her pal Oprah Winfrey to help her shed that image and get back on her professional feet.

Miss Jones told "EXTRA" that this New Year's, she's going with O and Gayle King to South Africa as Oprah visits the girls academies she built down there. Though the two aren't bosom pals like O & G, Oprah and Star have appeared on one another's shows, and Star could be looking to use some of the Queen of Daytime's reflected glory to land a new gig.

Meanwhile, Star says her only correspondence with her former colleagues at "The View," which she abruptly exited over the summer, was in the form of "sweet, wonderful" cards from Elisabeth. "I've gone on with my life," said Jones to 'EXTRA.'

Tara Conner gallery: Click to launch photosTara Keeps Tiara

Tara Conner got a last-minute reprieve from Donald Trump yesterday, but it might not be too long before the bad-girl beauty queen really gets the boot from the Donald.

At yesterday's press conference, Tara was a tear-streaked picture of contrition. But just a few hours later, in a phone interview with MSNBC, Tara already seemed to be pooh-poohing her boozing, saying, "I wouldn't say that I have a big drinking problem." What's more, as the New York Daily News points out, Tara verbally shrugged her shoulders at the treatment program the Miss Universe organization is providing her: "Anytime anyone gives you free anything, like therapy or rehab, you take it."

Still, no matter what her urges, Tara will find it difficult to cavort without getting caught. As one veteran paparazzo told TMZ, "That girl won't be able to hit the pavement [in New York] without cameras watching her every move."

Britney Spears gallery: Click to launch photosBritney Kicks K-Fed When He's Down

Britney's having her man-cake and shoving it in her ex's face too. According to In Touch Weekly, Spears called the Fed-Ex to ask him if he'd seen pictures of her kissing music producer "J.R." Rotem and then bragged about a sexual escapade she'd just had. What's more, Britney, according to In Touch's sources, has been taunting Federline about his newly-reduced financial status. "It was really bad," says an eyewitness. "[Brit] just started pushing his buttons ... he started screaming at her."

Eminem gallery: Click to launch galleryParty Favors: Eminem Divorced From Same Woman Twice ... Babwa To Talk to Fidel? ... Nas Wanted to Use "N-Word" in Title ... Scarlett and Josh – On Again?

Rapper Eminem and his high school sweetheart wife, Kim, divorced yesterday for the second time -- less than a year after they remarried. According to a judge, they "are a fine couple to deal with." They will share custody of their 10-year-old daughter ... Barbara Walters might be getting the last interview ever with Fidel Castro, if reports of his failing health are to believed. According to Jossip.com, Walters will meet with Castro alongside another rabidly anti-U.S. dictator type, Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez ... Rapper Nas wanted to call his latest album "N****r" because, he tells Rush & Molloy, "I don't care about sales" but had to rethink and called it "Hip Hop is Dead" instead ... Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson, rumored to be on the outs, were spotted last weekend getting cozy at a Manhattan eatery, says Page Six.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Whatever

Britney needs to not give k-fag one red cent more. All the guy is going to do is buy pot and hookers with it. Eveyone thinks Britney has gone wild k-fag is 100 times worse!

Lea

Britney really has some serious issues. She goes from one extreme to the other. Pantyless one day then wears lace over undies to prove she does wear undies. She is just an immature girl who has been setting up her own scandals. Just wait until the next time she has that emotional break down.

Sriaknt

comments may be removed

We, are not amused.

It has been my experience that you can't "force" someone into rehab or along the "happy road of destiny." If she thinks that her drinking wasn't that bad she still got a long way to go before she hits bottom.
Oprah, Gayle and Star...my, my, my! That's a whole lotta BBW: I guess Gayle would be the "meat" in that lezzie sandwich!
I am convinced that this Britney Spears person has Fu*cking lost her mind!

Afiya

I'm sick of the Tara chick already.

Star...REALLY...you were never a DIVA...just a wanna-be diva.

BritNit...you are about the dumbest air-head on earth...get a grip of yourself tramp.

Em...when will you re-marry Kim?

Nas...use the freakin' N-word...everybody else does.

Maxum

I have a name for Britney's biography: ALL THE WRONG DECISIONS AND THEN SOME.....

amy

I think that Tara has made herself more famous. I haven't watched Miss America since I was a kid. I guess that sometimes bad publicity is good publicity. I think she may have a reality show in the future. I am tired of hearing about Britney. It seems that the older she gets, the less attractive.

Whatever

Hopefully they will rehab her damn eyebrows.

amy

notafan- That's funny.

Seriously

Star Jones is scary looking.

Linda

Britney is STUPID and a SLUT and a whore.

I hope they take her babies away. I used to like her but she is a creep trying to show off anything (fake boobs and all) just to get int he press like parasite.

She makes me sick. Im already sick of hearing about her.

Ms Urban Legend

Star Jones is EXTRA. I havent heard so much uproar about Miss USA since.....well... ever. I really can't wait till Tara's 15 minutes are up, but i'm sure she'll be hosting some entertainment news program or better yet land a spot on Surreal Life. I wonder if Em recycles his wedding rings..

Brother Harold, S.J.

All of this crap about Tara and The Donald is simply The Donald seeking more publicity for his miserable beauty contest nonsense. The man is scum. (But I do think his wig is quite fascinating, I undersatand it's something he shot one night in Central Park.)

The Flying Finn

Dear TMZ, I'd like to point out that Hugo Chavez got a landslide victory in the recent presidential elections. The fact that you dislike what the US is doing or it's policies does not make you a dictator.

Rachel

Can you imagine any woman having sex with the Donald? I don't care HOW much money he has, there's not enough booze/pills in the world that would enable me to screw that guy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments