Babwa Defends Rosie ... Sorta

12/21/2006 7:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barbara Walters -- friend of Donald Trump, boss to Rosie O'Donnell -- attempted to delicately straddle the electric fence between the two, as she commented on their explosive fracas from afar.

"Donald Trump is a personal friend of mine and has been a good friend to 'The View' for many years," said Walters from abroad, via a rep for the show. "I'm sorry there is friction between Donald and Rosie."

Walters then plumped for Rosie. "That said, I do not regret for one moment my choice to hire Rosie O'Donnell as the moderator of 'The View.' I certainly hope and expect that this tempest will pass quickly."

Earlier today, Trump dragged Walters into the feud during a live interview on "Good Day LA," saying that "Barbara cannot stand Rosie."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

mara

rosie is fat, donald is racist, barbra is the only sane person....i think donald and rosie are gonna get married soon

me

The View is starting to look like Jerry Springer's show.

Sweet

I would never want to have a friend like Trump. He seems like he would gossip behind your back. He is an ass!

I hate that guy!

Whatever

Trump should speak for himself not for Barbara. Makes you wonder how he got all that money acting like a 12 year old girl.

billyboyhere

Walters is a phony..she better never ever comment herself on, nor ask one of her celeberity interviewees about "how the media has changed"----wa wa you are the media and you personally have done more to change it for the worse than any other Journalism Professional there is.

Garbage is what you have produced and it will remain your legacy.

TBH

Trump went way way way way overboard. To the point were I guess we all now know how to flip out "The Trump" now...

Cathy.....

Just for once I'm HAPPY FOR WHAT ROSIE SAID ABOUT DONALD!!!!!!

I ADMIRE HER COURAGE in SPEAK UP, I wont say anything negative about Rosie anymore....I just learned from this The View is The View....Rosie should have the right to her View.

Down with the Donald.........you Go Rosie Girl!

Gavin

I just got through watching a video review with Trump and wow, he really is sincerely pissed off about this. I can't remember ever seeing him act up like this. I'm no fan of Rosie, but the stuff he said about her was especially cruel at times. It was actually pretty hilarious.

di doe

I think that maybe Martha Stewart appearing on "the view " the day before rosie's rant had something to with rosie's counter attack on behalf of her friend Martha. Rosie loves Martha Stewart and has been a guest in her home. I'm guessing rosie in defense of Martha was waiting for Donald to do something and give it to him. The Donald was a clear bully with Martha;who is he to talk? That is why I think Rosie let him have it. Trump was not a gentleman with Ms. Stewart as she hadled his bashing like a lady about the show Apprentice II, and also is a shrewd enough business woman that she wouldn't "punch back the bully" (in reference to what trump said on phone conver. on GDLA thurs. morning). Neither trump or Rosie really aren't guilty of what the other had said about the other.They both portaryed themselves as without issues and it just isn't so. That's why I believe that Rosie, chivlerously tried to defend her gal pal Martha Stewart, Rosie has been around long enough to know better, but got swept up with emotion from Martha's appearance. Also if she (rosie) is taking anti-depressent's she's will say things she is going to regret.

Cathy.....

Thanks Rosie for speaking out.........donald needs for someone to tell him the trueth.

You go Rosie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Barbra be strong and support Rosie.

Cathy.....

Donald is like a TRAMP WITH MONEY! will do anything for money.

Mad Balls

I have obtained a voice message from Barbara to Donald ...here it is ' Herrow ... You there Dohnald ...Bahbawa here ... I'm weally , weally upset tabout dis' Frap . You need to Weally , weally neehd to keep your dihk in your Pahnts , Dohnald . Rosie whell keep Her Dihk in her pahnts if you do ... " Dickheads .

tim jeffries

Trump is like a used car salesman, he can't make it in business ,so turn to T.V. He just want's to be a super star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

italman42

Hey Babs

You just proved that the mega-rich stick with the mega-rich. A fwiend of Donald Twump's? Get better fwiends!

italman42