Britney: "I Know I've Been far from Perfect "

1/5/2007 1:42 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a rambling typo-filled statement posted on her official website, Britney Spears claimed that she has grown "more mature" and "finally free" over the past few years. Yeah, we saw the photos!

In the apology-turned-thank-you note addressed to her fans, Spears indirectly took on several issues surrounding the pop star, and explained that she is "far from perfect." Shocker!

After taking aim at the media for "criticizing my every move," Brit promoted her upcoming CD, the same CD that was recently bashed by gossip queen Cindy Adams. Spears added, "I've been working so hard on this new album and I can't wait for you all to hear it and to go on tour again!"

Spears also referenced the recent closure of her biggest fansite, saying "I do understand all the reasons that went behind making that decision." The creator of the website claims that he's "not been happy with the way she's portraying herself."

UPDATE: Apparently, Brit's "handlers" got to her blog and fixed the typos... just as we published. Darn.

chauntey

what a retard why the hell did you shave your head you dumb ass now we all no youre sniffin way to much dope you loser

Spiratacus

Who cares!! She's a lousy mother that like to show off her who ha.

Jenn

kc

can you say "gun to your head" statement? Too little, too late Brit. You say this, what, one day after you were out AGAIN? Maybe if you took, I don't know, say a week or two off, people MIGHT start to think you have an ounce of sincerity in you.

Lea

If you made some research you had to know that Jive made a statement about what Ciny Adams claimed and said that it was all fake...

anon

I know some people will not like me for saying this, but I just want her to quit smoking. It is unhealthy, and unattractive. I hope she means what she says, but I guess time will tell.

Seriously

YAWN.

Maxum

BRITNEY - What the hell are you working on an album for? Do you think the public is that dumb? Do you think we will just forget all the wrong you stand for these days and just flock to spend our hard earned money to finance your bank account? At this point in time I have no clue who is despised more, you or K-Fed. I would bet dollars to donuts that you have no comeback plan with no agenda. Your only agenda these days is to work on the album but you neglect to notice that the public is not with you anymore. You need to win your spot in the limelight. Right now youâ%u20AC%u2122re just a train wreck and were all watching as you turned yourself to a walking joke.

SHAPE UP GIRL, take your time...... sometimes jumping right back into something is NOT the best solution...... Who the hell is advising you? Paris Hilton????

Youâ%u20AC%u2122re continuing to commit a career suicide. STOP AND LOOK AROUND, everybody is pointing at you and laughing...... no one respects you as a person, mother or artist anymore......

GET you sh*t together....... the start working......it does not work the other way around.....

Fongool

Please. Exaggerating? Britney, you're still a white-trash country bumpkin slut and a horrible mother to boot. At least ho's get paid, you just give it away for free to photographers. Your career is over, goodbye!

Yo Mama

This twit doesn't understand why the media is on her every move???? Honey your career is based on a public IMAGE!!! IMAGE!!! IMAGE!!! IMAGE!!! IMAGE!!!! IMAGE!!! She doesn't get hanging with Paris, showing her crotch, getting wasted and not taking care of her kids is bad??? She must be the most dumbest human being on the face of this earth. Then she states that she's free that now she has time to be me??? Free from what? Something that she created herself, getting married not once but twice to a trailer park piece of crap. What does she think marriage is?? God I hope people don't give this twit a chance. Brit twit, keep on doing what you're good at, making yourself looking like trash the public really enjoys it!!! That's what you're good at, keep up the hard work you dumb twit!!!

lilly

Give the girl a break.....DONT ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ IN THE TABLOIDS!!!!

WTF?

I just cannot comment on this train wreck any more. Well, maybe one more comment.

She needs to wake up and smell the coffee.....Her career is over. I will not be purchasing anything she has to sell. She is too nasty, it is starting to hurt to look at photos of her.

It is amazing that Brit thinks that her problems are due to the media. WHAT A JOKE. She LOVES the media spotlight.

She has become such a joke.

susan

I know I won't be wasting my money on this trainwreck.

p1tey1

That's a little pathetic. Its kind of sad to watch her in this kind of death spiral. But she did it to herself by trying to grow up much too fast!!!

Vicki

I totally agree. Brit is a waste of everyones time. I do, however, want to see her TRY to make a comeback and fall flat on her face! We all know that is going to happen. You know what? SHE DESERVES IT! " Hi, my New Years resolution is to look out for me" -Brits statement. Listen little Hoochie, how about your two baby boys? TAKE THEM AWAY FROM HER FAST!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments